Who are you, and why are you here?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
WillowMoon

Re: Who are you, and why are you here?

Post by WillowMoon »

I am Willow Moon, before I was also known as Valori, but in reality my real name is Laura. I've spent years trying to find myself in matters of spiritual paths in more ways than one but feeling now that this is perhaps the most best place to be in terms of knowledge and wisdom shared. I was treading on a psychic/spiritual path focusing on tarot, crystals, crystal healing, crystal balls, skulls, runestones, divinations the old ways, tea leaves to name but a few things I've been doing. But am now eager to expand on my horizons and intuition to fill the knowledge to direct where it is needed as I feel like I'm dipping my toes on the surface a bit. so here's to hoping I will be able to broaden my horizons further with connection to my path. I do like to be intuitive and tend to not use the books a lot so my path is essentially led by my guides and intuition. I came from a church of england background but lost the faith a bit there when I started believing in multiple presences for the gods/goddesses. I still believe there are multiple goddesses but they are of the same energy and connected to the divine feminine. :oops: I guess that didn't sit well with the church, so I eventually dropped out of going to church altogether, well it was good for the time but times moved on and I moved with the flow.
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Merry Met Emerald! I hope the transition goes all right; no big complications and all that.

In 3rd grade I learned about Greek, Roman and Egyptian mythology. I was drawn to Greek mythos right away, especially Artemis. So I dove into Greek mythology and learned as much as I could, to the point of having memorized some of the more well-known ones. For my 13th birthday a friend I had gave me a witchcraft spell kit out of the blue. I never saw her again (which is really odd now that I think about it. I had never even known about witchcraft or even mentioned it!). I dabbled for a few years, but quickly dropped it in high school because I was so busy.

4 years ago (wow, has it really been 4 years?!?) something happened that essentially broke me spiritually and I was suicidal for several months afterward. The only thing that stopped me was my stubbornness; I felt I was taking the coward's way out. So I was in limbo for a while; wanting to end it but getting utterly pissed and defying my own will when I tried. I met my now best friend and she showed me utter unconditional love and care. I started to pick up the pieces of my life.

This past May I graduated with my degree but felt very empty; my spirit was healed enough to recognize it. So I turned back to the Greek myths and the Craft, but this time learning it properly (though solitary). Since then I've been contacted by Artemis, Selene and Zeus directly while I also look to Hecate and Hades. I found out a month ago when I finally did a past-life regression that I had been a priestess to Apollo (I had known for several years from a dream into my past life I had been a priestess once in Rome but I never knew to whom) though there has been no contact yet.

It's funny because since telling my parents, my dad's reveled that from BOTH sides of my family I have relatives who were great healers but also hexers! XD So it seems it runs in my blood a little.

As for why I'm here? To give strays a home. I'll need to clarify.. XD I tend to draw to me people who are down on their luck, those who are hurt spiritually and emotionally, and who are lost. And I myself have been ousted by people way too many times to count. So I tend to want to befriend these people and help them. I know what it's like to not belong simply for being yourself; I want to be a person they can come to for a friend and to find the strength to heal themselves. Though I'm afraid that sounds arrogant... ^^;
seawitch

Post by seawitch »

I'm just a 23-year-old girl who is taking up studying magic after being interested and dabbling (without serious study) all her life. I don't really know anybody who practices magic (other than a few of my mom's friends, but I don't really have too much of a relationship with them). I'm here so I don't feel so lonely, and know that I can receive and give guidance, and be able to talk about magic with people who are practicing themselves.
azriel

Post by azriel »

I am the daughter of an Air Force veteran (American) and a Mexican. My mother's view on life is based on magical realism, so she sees magick as a natural addition to her religious practices. My father was stationed in various places while I was born and growing up so I was born and lived in England, Australia, and Mexico before settling in the US. My bedtime stories were mythology from around the globe so I had a natural inclination towards paganism. However, due to various experiences I had in my youth, I lost all self-esteem and did not believe that I belonged to anything. It was not until I moved back to Mexico that I realized how free I felt, and for the first time felt good about myself, so I started to research and practice the pagan path. At first I was just studying Paganism as broad as I could, and connecting with my guides, but I experienced various forms of mental and emotional abuse from my family and lost my way. I returned to the US, broken and lost again, and it was not until about a month ago that I began to reconnect with my spiritual guides and I noticed myself veering towards a Shamanic path. As of right now, I am reading various books on Shamanism and am in a process of healing myself so that I can then provide a service for others.

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

EmeraldWind wrote:I ask that those who are comfortable sharing, share a brief summary of who you are and why you are on the path.

To start I will introduce myself.

My name is Scarlett, I was born to very conservative family, and grew up in a rough environment of ignorance. I am a veteran of the US Army, I served on the frontlines of Iraq and Afghanistan. I started the path years ago, but had lost my way. I have recently begun transitioning from male to female, and the closer I grow to know myself as the woman I am, the harder it gets to stay away from the loving arms of the goddess. I never thought I could feel this way about the path, but I do, and it is so beautiful that there are times that I want to cry.

I am here, because I once again believe in the power of the witch. I believe that it is the witches calling, the witches duty, to do all that the witch can to make the world a better place. To seek out the darkness that so many fear, and stand firm against it. To call the power within, and without, to shield the people from those who would seek to do harm. I believe that it is the witch that can and will restore balance to this world.

On our own, we can help each other, in few can we hold the line, in numbers, greater than the grains of sand upon a beach, can we change the stars.
Scarlett is my daughter's name! loveface
I am here to learn and to get more in touch with myself and my spirituality!
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Hi my name is Theresa. However most people here just call me Lil :) I have been here for awhile now as you can see my joined date. I help moderate the forums and am here to share my experiences, facts, insights etc on various things when it comes to Wicca, Paganism, witchcraft etc. I have been practicing for about 20 years now and have always been drawn to our beliefs for as far back as I can remember. I have led a tough life (which I will not dwell on unless you really want to know) but I am here to help those who want to learn, grow and prosper spiritually. Blessed Be to all!
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Hi!

I go by LiebeUndLicht on here, but most people call me Liebe for short.

I am a 14 year old female (I am aware I am quite young) and I started the Wiccan path when I was 12. Prior to that I was a Christian and I thought I would be my whole life, but I decided after years of being extremely devoted (Protestant) I didn't want to be a Christian, and I found Wicca. My parents are completely supportive (them being Pagans themselves). I appreciate I am extremely lucky to have such amazing parents as I know lots of peoples parents do not support their path.

I joined this forum because I often look up spells and rituals then change them to suit myself and I saw some lovely conversations going on between all these awesome Pagans and I thought - hey, I'd like to be a part of this too! It's an amazing community. Being a Wiccan is something very special to me, I feel like I am finally fulfilled and glad that I found this path.

I hope you enjoyed reading this, or... or... something? I don't know... I'm feeling too lazy to write too much haha. Blessed be!
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
Joachim

Post by Joachim »

My name is Joachim, Im Norwegian, I met the three spirits when I smoked weed in the woods and now live in awe of nature, I read what the thread starter said about the women within, something Iv been also working to get that connection with...
Adiens

Post by Adiens »

Why I left and I am returning: Initially I joined this board in late 2006. I was rather active on it and fell in love with the community on this forum. However, unfortunately, at the time I was in abusive relationship (though I didn't realize it right away). My abusive partner was prejudice against the Pagan/Wiccan faith. He would eventually one of the many reasons he hit and berated me was if I did anything concerning my faith. So eventually I put my spirituality aside and shut down completely.
I have since then gotten out of that abusive relationship, worked on rebuilding myself and I am now finally happy where I am with my life. I did not want to come back until I felt personally whole again. I really did like this forum a great deal so I'm glad to be back.

About myself: My name is Mary, and I'm a 28 year old witch. I've started practicing Paganism since my teens, but always had an interest in the paranormal/occult. I started showing interest in the faith when I was 14, but actually converted when I was 16. I work as secretary at a community college while trying to combat depression and anxiety in order to attend school again myself. I strive to be a librarian one day, and perhaps opening up my own magick/book store :)
Hamish

Post by Hamish »

Why I'm here: A valid question, it deserves a good answer, of which I'm in short supply. Possibly I'm just interested in some sort of spiritual path that involves a great deal of creativity, freedom, and personality? I just tend towards wandering curiosity. Possibly its in search of something based around nature, something ancestral with a deep grounded set of roots? Maybe I'm just WAAAYYYY Too into Gaelic and Welsh mythology? ALL VALID ANSWERS! XD

About Me: I'm an aspiring Historian and future college professor of History. Currently on track to get my degree and wiggling my foot in the door for a masters and then a minor in Celtic Studies if my applications for study abroad goes through. I'm a relatively straight laced sort of college person. I wear my sweaters over my button ups, try to shave to avoid the ironic hipster beard look, and have short cropped hair.
mustangurl68

Post by mustangurl68 »

I've never been on a forum before until recently our paranormal team(s) were approved for the TAPS family and I installed the app to my phone and tablet to access their forum. I joined this 1 and theirs. I'm enjoying the topics and knowledge on here.

I've been a solitary eclectic wiccan for a long time. I married my best friend 3 weeks ago and I have been helping to raise my bonus child for the last 2 years (we have full custody). I have 2 grown children, 3 grandchildren and we are trying to conceive. My closest family and friends know I'm wiccan. I'm blessed that my hubby has mixed beliefs of celtic/paganism/christian so he supports me 100%. I was raised by my parents and my mom is an ordained PH minister (they don't know I'm wiccan). I was always the creepy kid: knew the phone was going to ring, had dreams that come true, get flashes when I touch certain people or stuff, saw and communicated with dead relatives, people and other things. I decided to give back to others and I'm a pediatric nurse for babies/kids with tracheostomies on ventilators and I'm a paranormal investigator/spiritual advisor to those in need.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

This turned out longer than I meant it to, so I apologize in advance.

I respond to and am called by many names by various people, but there are only three I truly accept as mine: my given name, which, being underage, I'm not comfortable (or allowed to be) sharing online; Dragonheart, what I call myself on most online sites and which I use for a few certain other things; and my magickal name, which no one knows save the God, the Goddess, and me. Silversong, Silver, or Dragon are all things I'll respond to on here, though it may take me a while to get used to being Silversong or Silver.

I'm a teenage Witch living with my mom. I never knew my father, having been born via AI (Artificial Insemination) due to my mother never being able to find a guy who was serious enough to get married and have kids, but that doesn't bother me. (I remember flouncing up to my ex-best friend when I was little and going, "I found out who my father is!" "Who?" "God!" being only half-joking. Made her laugh, though.) I'm an only child, but that doesn't bother me either - sometimes Rent-A-Sisters are more convenient: you can send them home when you get irritated with them. I have five people I consider my siblings-in-all-but-blood, those being Flame, Red, Moon (the only guy in the bunch), Ciar, and Jadie. (None of those are real names, obviously. This is what happens when we get bored.) I rarely see Ciar and Jadie anymore, but they have been, are, and always shall be my sisters-in-all-but-blood. That terminology gets a little awkward and I don't use it with Moon anymore, chiefly because I dated him for almost three months (my first and only boyfriend). XD

I'm lucky enough to have a Wiccan family: both Mom and Aunt are Wiccan, with Mom implementing more of the Christian faith into her personal worship than the rest of us. I was raised with a combination of Wicca and Christianity (note: not Catholicism), but I was also taught the basics of multiple other religions, so that I could in time choose my own path and also so that I would understand and empathize with people who didn't share my personal choice. I was introduced to the Craft very young, and I remember doing rituals when I was just a little girl. My town is very very VERY Christian, however (six churches within walking distance of each other... *shakes head* even people of the same faith can't agree on the details and have to split apart), so one of my first memories of Wicca was the emphasis on the last part of the Witch's Pyramid: to Will, to Know, to Dare (some say Do), and to Be Silent. I was always told never to talk about Wicca to my friends, not because it was something to be ashamed of or because I had to be afraid, but because their parents might not understand and might not let us be friends anymore. (To be fair, I eventually stopped talking to the person who was my best friend at that time because she was and is a very, very my-way-or-the-high-way, I'm-right-and-you're-wrong-and-nothing-you-say-can-convince-me kind of person. Once she has something in her head, she can NEVER be convinced otherwise, no matter what - and she firmly believes that Wicca is devil worship, despite the fact that apparently her own older sister is Wiccan. Also to be fair, you do kind of have to pound it into a little kid's head to not talk about something because little kids tend to talk about things they shouldn't if you're not really careful.) I know they didn't intend for it to happen, but somewhere along the way that caution (a good thing) turned into fear (a not-so-good thing), and that fear became part of my subconscious programming. I'm currently trying to work through that, because once I realized that it was there, it started eating away at me and I was in a bit of a bad place for a while. Don't worry, not self-harm bad or anything, just kinda out of whack for a bit. (More about that on my meet-me thread, in my siggie.)

However, despite the fact that I was raised with the Craft and I went to a Christian church every Sunday (still do; they pay me to play the piano, so I'm not complaining), I didn't feel drawn to any path in particular until last year, actually around this time. Both my mother and I were starting to be concerned she'd raised an athiest child, but last year, something inside me woke up that had been asleep all my life. I started reading about Wicca nonstop, and "borrowing" books from my mother's shelf (it's not my fault they somehow never found their way back... hehe. She doesn't mind). Something woke up that had been dormant before, and I kind of looked at it going, "Well, it took you long enough." I received my copy of the family Book of Shadows on the Summer Solstice last year, finally committing myself to this path for my own choice. I now have both a hard copy and a digital version. I also promptly started adding to it, having found that the hide-from-prying-eyes spell that already existed in the front of our BoS didn't appeal to me much. I jotted down my own on a piece of notebook paper, which is now stuck right in the front. (The nice thing about having a family BoS is that you have a big fat list of spells and correspondences right there for use, even if you don't like most of them and have to rewrite a lot of them, or just start from scratch and write your own.)

Long story short: Having known both the Wiccan and Christian ways all my life, Wicca is just right for me. It makes a lot more sense and I can sometimes feel the Goddess as strongly as if not stronger than the God. (Night before last, for instance.) I can't deny Her existence.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Silversong wrote:This turned out longer than I meant it to, so I apologize in advance.

I respond to and am called by many names by various people, but there are only three I truly accept as mine: my given name, which, being underage, I'm not comfortable (or allowed to be) sharing online; Dragonheart, what I call myself on most online sites and which I use for a few certain other things; and my magickal name, which no one knows save the God, the Goddess, and me. Silversong, Silver, or Dragon are all things I'll respond to on here, though it may take me a while to get used to being Silversong or Silver.

I'm a teenage Witch living with my mom. I never knew my father, having been born via AI (Artificial Insemination) due to my mother never being able to find a guy who was serious enough to get married and have kids, but that doesn't bother me. (I remember flouncing up to my ex-best friend when I was little and going, "I found out who my father is!" "Who?" "God!" being only half-joking. Made her laugh, though.) I'm an only child, but that doesn't bother me either - sometimes Rent-A-Sisters are more convenient: you can send them home when you get irritated with them. I have five people I consider my siblings-in-all-but-blood, those being Flame, Red, Moon (the only guy in the bunch), Ciar, and Jadie. (None of those are real names, obviously. This is what happens when we get bored.) I rarely see Ciar and Jadie anymore, but they have been, are, and always shall be my sisters-in-all-but-blood. That terminology gets a little awkward and I don't use it with Moon anymore, chiefly because I dated him for almost three months (my first and only boyfriend). XD

I'm lucky enough to have a Wiccan family: both Mom and Aunt are Wiccan, with Mom implementing more of the Christian faith into her personal worship than the rest of us. I was raised with a combination of Wicca and Christianity (note: not Catholicism), but I was also taught the basics of multiple other religions, so that I could in time choose my own path and also so that I would understand and empathize with people who didn't share my personal choice. I was introduced to the Craft very young, and I remember doing rituals when I was just a little girl. My town is very very VERY Christian, however (six churches within walking distance of each other... *shakes head* even people of the same faith can't agree on the details and have to split apart), so one of my first memories of Wicca was the emphasis on the last part of the Witch's Pyramid: to Will, to Know, to Dare (some say Do), and to Be Silent. I was always told never to talk about Wicca to my friends, not because it was something to be ashamed of or because I had to be afraid, but because their parents might not understand and might not let us be friends anymore. (To be fair, I eventually stopped talking to the person who was my best friend at that time because she was and is a very, very my-way-or-the-high-way, I'm-right-and-you're-wrong-and-nothing-you-say-can-convince-me kind of person. Once she has something in her head, she can NEVER be convinced otherwise, no matter what - and she firmly believes that Wicca is devil worship, despite the fact that apparently her own older sister is Wiccan. Also to be fair, you do kind of have to pound it into a little kid's head to not talk about something because little kids tend to talk about things they shouldn't if you're not really careful.) I know they didn't intend for it to happen, but somewhere along the way that caution (a good thing) turned into fear (a not-so-good thing), and that fear became part of my subconscious programming. I'm currently trying to work through that, because once I realized that it was there, it started eating away at me and I was in a bit of a bad place for a while. Don't worry, not self-harm bad or anything, just kinda out of whack for a bit. (More about that on my meet-me thread, in my siggie.)

However, despite the fact that I was raised with the Craft and I went to a Christian church every Sunday (still do; they pay me to play the piano, so I'm not complaining), I didn't feel drawn to any path in particular until last year, actually around this time. Both my mother and I were starting to be concerned she'd raised an athiest child, but last year, something inside me woke up that had been asleep all my life. I started reading about Wicca nonstop, and "borrowing" books from my mother's shelf (it's not my fault they somehow never found their way back... hehe. She doesn't mind). Something woke up that had been dormant before, and I kind of looked at it going, "Well, it took you long enough." I received my copy of the family Book of Shadows on the Summer Solstice last year, finally committing myself to this path for my own choice. I now have both a hard copy and a digital version. I also promptly started adding to it, having found that the hide-from-prying-eyes spell that already existed in the front of our BoS didn't appeal to me much. I jotted down my own on a piece of notebook paper, which is now stuck right in the front. (The nice thing about having a family BoS is that you have a big fat list of spells and correspondences right there for use, even if you don't like most of them and have to rewrite a lot of them, or just start from scratch and write your own.)

Long story short: Having known both the Wiccan and Christian ways all my life, Wicca is just right for me. It makes a lot more sense and I can sometimes feel the Goddess as strongly as if not stronger than the God. (Night before last, for instance.) I can't deny Her existence.
Very interesting! Not many people are brought up learning both! I grew up Christian and am exploring and experimenting on ways to incorporate Christians and pagan beliefs for myself. I'm sure I could learn a lot from you!

Rosie
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

Yeah, Mom tried to teach me a little bit of everything, and I appreciate it very much. But I was raised among both sets of beliefs, and the two often overlapped for me, although I lean more toward the Pagan side of things now. I got lucky.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I am always asking why. I'm here because I catch glimpses of awareness that We are all One, in many forms. I just need to get my head and heart around that. I figured the best place to do that was with people who are sensitive, earth-conscious pagans or Wiccans. I'm 63, Female, retired. smiley_dance

Return to “For Everyone”