What's your Guide Rune?

Discussion of runes.
Shub Niggurath

What's your Guide Rune?

Post by Shub Niggurath »

I'm trying to revive the Runes sub-forum as it seems quite dead comparing to the Tarot sub-forum.
So here we go!

What's your Guide Rune?
It's kind of the same type of "signpost" for your life, as spirit animals, spiritual guides etc.

Why would I need a Guide Rune?
Not necessary at all. But here are some of the ideas and advantages:
- Getting to know your life goal and staying motivated in fulfilling it;
- A tool for meditation and exploration of the self;
- Tuning-in with the unique energy of the Rune (helpful in various practices);
- And much more :D

How to pick my Guide Rune?
There are many techniques, you can do it your way or use one of my ideas:
- If you own a set of Runes you can draw one at random with the intention of finding your Guide Rune;
- Meditating with the Runes and asking for insight about which one is your Guide Rune;
- Simply reading the descriptions and meanings of Runes and finding one that suits you (not really magickal but it's a better choice for those who are not much in tune with their intuition);

So what's your Guide Rune?

Mine is Kenaz.

(Image source: Pinterest)
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's your Guide Rune?

Post by Xiao Rong »

Very cool topic!

One thing I read about was transliterating your name into runes and then seeing what your name means in runes, and if there are any particularly frequent/prominent runes, those are your guiding runes. Based off of my IRL name, my guiding runes appear to be Ansuz and Nauthiz.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I hold Wunjo very near and dear to my heart, but based on transliteration, guiding runes seem to be Tiwaz, Nauthiz and Ehwaz. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Well, trying the pulling it out of the bag, I got Tiwaz. (: And I'm going to try translating my name into runes to see what I get as well, good idea Xiao!

And I just did it, and I'm amused because it fits me but it is wonderful too! Together, their general representations are fire, ice, life and the gods. It all corresponds nicely, I'm quite pleased. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Floyd Pinkerton

Post by Floyd Pinkerton »

Xiao Rong wrote:Very cool topic!

One thing I read about was transliterating your name into runes and then seeing what your name means in runes, and if there are any particularly frequent/prominent runes, those are your guiding runes. Based off of my IRL name, my guiding runes appear to be Ansuz and Nauthiz.
Edit: nevermind, this was a dumb question
thethrone

Post by thethrone »

Really nice idea... Thanks for sharing it... I am using Runes lately, but I would never think of using a guide Rune.

My guide Rune is Eihwaz.
Feather&Stone

Post by Feather&Stone »

I love this idea!! Would definitely Be a great way to know myself & my runes a bit better.
LillyPlaters

Post by LillyPlaters »

I've always been really interested in runes. What is transliteration and do you have a good source to learn how?
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Lilly, welcome to the board! Why don't you make an introduction in the Member Profiles subforum?

Transliteration simply means writing out a word in a different language based only on the sound, not spelling. The Norse never had a system of spelling -- it was entirely phonetic. This is actually kind of helpful for us, today, since we don't need to know Icelandic in order to use the runes (although of course it'd be great to know Icelandic!).

So here's an example of transliteration. Take the word "ice".

If you were spelling it out with runes, you'd spell it :icerune: :torchrune: :manrune: (I + C/K + E). (but pronounced out loud it would sound more like "eye-keh").

If you were to transliterate it, you'd use :icerune: :sunrune: . That spells "IS" but it would be pronounced "eye" + "sss".
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
PistashioQueen

Post by PistashioQueen »

I asked and I am drawn to Hagalaz the rune of change, chaos and destruction. It reminds me of the Tower in Tarot.
It is very relevant and seems to link in with my life lesson - just as i get comfortable and stuck in my ways, Bam! Change and chaos ensue forcing me to adapt, I don't like change but things keep changing. What I resist happens and will keep happening until I easily adapt to the cycle of life.
The perfect Rune guide for me =)

Great post.[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016060 ... 4ba463.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Return to “Runes”