Anyone heard of Vǫluspá?

Share your favorite music and videos here.
Sakura Blossom

Anyone heard of Vǫluspá?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I encountered them when looking for some music that either is or was inspired by the Old Norse as I've honestly never listened to it before and was curious. I found some instances of what the music used to be, but this bad is out of Norway and in the youtube description it says that they are "A folk band with viking influences from Norway". Either way, I REALLY like how they sound. It's beautiful. I don't know what they're saying... But it's beautiful. Haha!

EDIT: I've also found this youtube playlist of something that has Viking Era music. It has one of the oldest, the "Drømte mig en drøm i nat". I just listen to it, and... I feel so... Homey all over. I get this surge of excitement that honestly doesn't feel like my own, I feel like it's Loki's and he's getting closer to me because of the music. I'll need to get these on my ipod and into my ritual work.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Anyone heard of Vǫluspá?

Post by loona wynd »

I have never seen or heard of this group. Do you have a link to them? I'd like to hear the music myself. Often times you may be able to find some translations to the lyrics online if you search hard enough.

Its awesome that you feel that way. I'd be interested in seeing how the music interacts with and works with your ritual work.
Sakura Blossom

Re: Anyone heard of Vǫluspá?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I do, yes! I really love her voice, it's so pretty!

I really love how it sounds, and I'm going to be very excited to try it with my ritual work. (: I'll be sure to share how it goes!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Music & Videos”