My Dragon Guides

Akairyuu

My Dragon Guides

Post by Akairyuu »

Hi people I was originally going to reply to the other topic on Dragonic Wicca but I didn't think it would be fair to hijack the thread so I decided to make my own topic to share my two very special Spirit Guides with you :)

Now although I don't really consider myself a Dragon Mage, Wiccan or Witch, I've always had a strong affinity with Dragons and I find this topic really fascinating, and I do in fact have two Dragon guides; one male and one female. The female Dragon who I met last year, is my main spirit guide and the male Dragon that I met recently I feel is a guardian spirit.

A few people have said that Dragons can be unpredictable but I've never had any problems at all from both of my guides;they both have generally nice personalities, and they make me feel safe and secure. Perhaps it's because I've always shown a level of respect towards them?

Anyway, about my Guides. The Dragoness first came to during a dream I had. It wasn't until someone helped interpret the dream that I was made aware that the Dragoness was in fact my Spirit Guide; her name was also mentioned by the same person. As for the type of Dragon she is, I believe the Guivre fits her description best of all and the water element seems to fit her personality/gifts best of all (Although I feel as though she has an affinity with all of the elements). She is a light blue colour and probably somewhere between 5-10 feet (I'm not very spatial so I can't tell). I love her to bits and on two occasions now I have experienced channeling her energy in order to help clear and protect my home; it was a really wonderful experience :)

The male Dragon is also fits the description of a Guivre. He is roughly the same size as the Dragoness and has brown scales (Earth element I believe). This dragon actually came to me in two separate dreams; it wasn't until the more recent second dream when I realised that he was a guide. I feel as though the Dragon is a guardian and although I do not know his name yet, I feel as though it is something short and succinct;I'm sure it will come in time though :)

Anyway, I just wanted to share my two guides with you, feel free to add any comments or ask any questions if you want :)
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: My Dragon Guides

Post by loona wynd »

Be careful sharing the names of your Dragon guides. I shared the name of one of my dragon guides through a poem written for her and she was very upset with me. Shes still a bit angry with me to this day for telling people about her with out her permission and agreement. She liked the poem, but not that I shared her name on public forums.
Akairyuu

Post by Akairyuu »

Thanks for the warning.

Thankfully after a mental discussion, she was not upset nor angry but rather indifferent as to whether I had previously mentioned her name or not; I still apologized to her even though I felt as though she was ok with her name being mentioned at the time. In fact, I actually learned her name through a forum post by the person who interpreted my dream even though I didn't ask for it. During the discussion she said to me that she did not mind being mentioned and was not angry with me at all but added that it may not be wise to share names of guides without permission as some do not like it. I think not realising this is why my newest guide kept his name from me; I asked how he felt about name sharing and he let me know that he would rather I didn't so I promised him that I definitely wouldn't publicly mention his name.

Anyway, thanks for that. I will definitely be more careful in the future.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Akairyuu wrote:Thanks for the warning.

Thankfully after a mental discussion, she was not upset nor angry but rather indifferent as to whether I had previously mentioned her name or not; I still apologized to her even though I felt as though she was ok with her name being mentioned at the time. In fact, I actually learned her name through a forum post by the person who interpreted my dream even though I didn't ask for it. During the discussion she said to me that she did not mind being mentioned and was not angry with me at all but added that it may not be wise to share names of guides without permission as some do not like it. I think not realising this is why my newest guide kept his name from me; I asked how he felt about name sharing and he let me know that he would rather I didn't so I promised him that I definitely wouldn't publicly mention his name.

Anyway, thanks for that. I will definitely be more careful in the future.
Yeah. I have found in general being talked about to share experiences they don't mind. The name aspect though is different. I since learned ways to discuss my guides without mentioning their names. The only name I mention is the Dragon Soldonge, but that is because he has been mentioned on many websites online (not written by me). So I figured it was ok as people already knew him. I think the same would go for named dragons in lore. If one of those dragon guides wants to work with you because their names are out there and known, I find that speaking their names is not as big of an issue as it is to the Dragons whose names are not in lore or websites ad are making themselves known to us. The exception being if they become guides of a circle or tradition in which case members of that group could know the name, but it would be an oathbound type of thing,

Return to “Dragons”