Which Type(s) of Empathy Do You Experience the Most?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.

Which Kind of Empath Are You?

Emotional Empath
44%
Physical Empath
13%
Animal Empath
24%
Global Empath
6%
Earth Empath
13%

Total votes: 165

Kassandra

Which Type(s) of Empathy Do You Experience the Most?

Post by Kassandra »

Hi. I stumbled upon this video, and was curious about what empathic abilities people often experience. So, I set up this poll to explore this. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JolPEXU0Vic

I debated whether to make it a poll where people just choose their one, predominant empathic ability, or could choose several. I decided to make it so we could choose our top 3. Feel free to post on this thread the order in which you experience them the most. I think you could change your answers if you change your mind.

I only voted for the first two abilities, Emotional and Physical. I didn't vote for any of the rest of them because though I experience them to varying degrees, it's nowhere near the same extent as when I experience the first two. So, Emotional Empath & Physical Empath were a tie (note: Physical Empaths are sometimes known as, "Medical Intuitives," usually if they have the medical vocabulary to accurately describe what they're sensing, but that doesn't necessarily mean having a medical education.

Anyway, how about you?

Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Which Type(s) of Empathy Do You Experience the Most?

Post by Seraphin »

Emotional Empath

I can sense and read other people's intentions, characteristics, and emotions.

For what it's worth, I did a lot of experimentation when I was first exploring on this kind of ability, and there were people I included in that process who are now kind of leery of me. My two sisters are both convinced that I can read their minds, which I absolutely cannot do, and it's created a bit of a barrier between us. Hurts when my younger sister hesitates before giving me a hug :| . Folks who, for whatever reason, don't understand what it is you're doing might actually get a bit freaked out over it.

Just thinking out loud.

Physical Empath

I am a spiritual healer and considered myself as Medical Intuitive. Pyshical Empathy I believe is the same as Psychic Diagnosis. Many healers have developed different methods and techniques to enhance their intuitiveness. I, for example use white bond paper as tool, while my fiancee, use a white cloth like an X-Ray. But both of us can sense and intuitively tell what's wrong with somebody just by simply touching the body or sometimes looking at them for a minute.

Animal Empath

I also communicate with our pets. I usually talk to our cat, Kratos and his response were always positive. I'm also trying to speak to my dachshund, Calliope, but her extreme shyness could only lead her to gaze at me silently. Though I know she's listening, and somehow, I know that she'll keep listening to me as long as I have something to say.

I can also pick up her emotions, feelings and condition even though she's just staring at me like I have something smeared all over my face that she couldn’t figure out, but I wasn’t the slightest bit offended :lol: .

Beyond cats and dogs, I have an affinity for tree sparrows. Every year since I first began to understand my spiritual awareness, two tree sparrows come to my yard to herald my summer growth, so to speak. Some of them visited our guava tree outside our kitchen window to relay spiritual messages.

Earth Empath

I can feel the energy of Earth via grounding and sometimes, when I walk or run barefoot in the grass.

I also feel Earth's wonderful spirits through tree hugging. I can chat with them and send them all of my love. It may appear to others that this pratice is primitive, but in reality, these are vital and basic things.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
ness

Post by ness »

I feel animal empathy more than anything else and I have always been that way since childhood. My parents can vouch for all the stray dogs, cats, wounded birds I brought home. Even to this day, I say a prayer for every roadkill I see because I feel its my duty to pray for their peace.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Emotional Empath.
It can make my job rough since I deal with a-lot of customers daily and it can take a toll on me.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Seraphin wrote:I also feel Earth's wonderful spirits through tree hugging. I can chat with them and send them all of my love.
Tree-huggers unite! And try a little Forest Bathing. smiley_dance
Montezuma Cypress tree of Oaxaca Mexico.jpg
Montezuma Cypress tree of Oaxaca Mexico. DNA-tested to be one tree,
not several trees fused together as was first believed. Yeah, try hugging
that! lol

ness wrote:Even to this day, I say a prayer for every roadkill I see because I feel its my duty to pray for their peace.
Hey, I do that too! Their little lives count. Cool! I'm not alone on that.

Last edited by Firebird on Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing broken link
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

smiley_dance :mrgreen:

Give this tree a HUMUNGOUS group hug!!! smiley_dance
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
ness

Post by ness »

Kassandra wrote:
ness wrote:Even to this day, I say a prayer for every roadkill I see because I feel its my duty to pray for their peace.
Hey, I do that too! Their little lives count. Cool! I'm not alone on that.
Glad to know! :D
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Emotional empathy was the first I experienced, then animal empathy. I remember one of the first times I heard an animal speak: the neighbor called one of her dogs into the house. The response was "No thank you." I can hear my kitty Dust Bunny, her favorite word lately is "What?" Cats and dogs seem to be the only ones I can communicate with. I haven't been able to connect with the two parakeets or my ferret.
My Goddess, that tree! Wow! :o Sign me up for a hug! :D
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

I have the whole emotional empathy and this can be any one at all,
and physical when ik or love the person or am connected to the person.

It also depends on the person but some times they will hurt one place and ill hurt exactly where they hurt like they hurt or its mirrored on me, havnt figured out why some people are mirrored and others arnt yet though.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Interesting, more "animal empaths" than I thought there'd be, and no one resonating with being a "global empath" yet. Thanks guys for sharing.

BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

i think its more so the fact that its harder to detect then the others so people just dont claim them

also ive been wondering

i have the uncanny nack for picking up on peoples thoughts for example

i walked into my kitchen to make a french vinallia ice coffee and started singing/huming a song that poped into my head
my friend was sitting in the living room and says hey, stop singing songs that are stuck in my head, and we both laugh

this happens all the time for me but usually with people i have a known empathic link to them
so is this empathic in nature or telepathy based or a combo of both

im just curious
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I, for one, would say it was telepathy. I experience instances when I could "hear" when someone's thinking dumb, random things --like you said, especially when I already have some kind of connection with them. Like, I could hear when they're thinking about going to the bathroom (I like to jump in there and take a shower real quick just to be mischievious, and people are like, "how do you always know when I'm about to go in the bathroom!"). I can hear when they're thinking of going to the kitchen to get something to eat. Or, without even looking at them I know when they come through the front door if they're happy, sad or angry, etc. I will feel "waves" of that energy as they're projecting it, whatever it is.

It's TMI, seriously.

BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

yeh i get that all the time
i also have the tendency to know things without actually knowing them like i have a friend who lives in nj and he was talking to me on skype and he was like i cant find my glasses and i said check under your desk and thats where they were, he was like i wonder how they got there and i blurted out you knocked them off when you were studying yesterday night and i didnt know where that came from or anything just i was certain that was what happened

people get pissed cus i do that ALL the time and they get annoyed with me

and you really do learn tmi when your talking with someone and get flashes of what they are thinking about or something *shivers* your really get tmi during those times
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

BabyBear wrote:people get pissed cus i do that ALL the time and they get annoyed with me
Psychic readings are great to share with people you don't know. But it wreaks havoc on personal relationships, seriously. You have to spend a lot of your time biting your tongue.

BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Kassandra wrote: Psychic readings and great to share with people you don't know. But it wreaks havoc on personal relationships, seriously. You have to spend a lot of your time biting your tongue.
no truer words have ever been spoken biting your tongue is a art at this point lol

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”