The Psychic Powers of Man

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Psychic Powers of Man

Post by Seraphin »

Women listen to this voice more than men do (Kabbalah says it's because of "ego"). Maybe this is the reason why women are more sensitive and conscious than us. And perhaps this explains too why women can process information coming from both parts of their brain faster than us.

This will serve as a reminder for me :lol: ! I know what I know, whether I can prove it or not! :lol:
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Empathy

Empathy is one learnable skill. It is a psychic ability to sense, feel and understand the emotions, feelings, hopes, dreams, desires, and fears of others

In my combined research and experience, the following are the key steps to effective empathy:
  • Recognizing the presence of strong feelings around the person, animal or place such as fear, anger, grief and disappointment.
  • Pausing to imagine how the person or animal might be feeling or how the place make it's atmosphere.
  • Stating one's perception of others (person, animal, place) feelings, emotions, thoughts, and energies.
  • Legitimizing that feeling and emotion as valid and appropriate.
  • Respecting others effort to cope with a difficult situation.
  • Offering support and partnership.
Empathy is different from sympathy. It's not feeling sorry for someone or something but psychically sensing and understanding what's behind these feelings and atmosphere.

In empathy, we "borrow" another's feelings to observe, feel and understand them, but not to take them onto ourselves. By being an empath, we come to understand how the person, animal or place feels so we can help him/her/ it better.

Sympathy involves sharing with others as if the pain belonged to both parties. We sympathize with others when we share and suffer with them.

Since this subject is discussed in detail on Empath Resources post, I will not elaborate on it here. Kassandra provided articles, videos and sources about this ability so better click this linkto find out more.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Atmokinesis

[TBA]
Seraphin

BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

First off I love the list Seraphin I love this thread and how nicely you set this up now on to thoughts/questions

Claircognizant, and here ive always called it Knowledge Speak lol
i got curious about always being able to be asked something and out of no where be able to tell you the answer and it be 100% right so I Google away and found a someone referring to it as Knowledge Speak and have just called it that forever now glad it actually has a real term though
although i wonder if mine is more of a combo of Claircognizant and others abilities like Thoughtography/Retrocogntion in my case because more time the not its combined with multiple abilities for me

for example
A friend lost his glasses why we were talkin on skype one day and was like I cant find them, I said they are under your desk and thats where they were he was like I wonder how they got there and I told him as i got a flash of him knocking it off with his elbow/book from his desk the night before as he was putting things up and going to bed I could even see where i layed on the floor by the black wire from his charger and like the desk set up and everything
but see he lives in New Jersy and I live in Florida I would have never known this heck it had been a week or two since we even talked last and i had never even seen his dorm or anything

Which gets me thinking of a few new topic/questions
how do you determent what ability you have if maybe your abilities meld into this whole one ability meshup
and i wonder if others have such a hard time figuring out what abilities best fits with what they can do because of how many things come into play

sorry for the rambles everyone
blessed be babybear
random417

Post by random417 »

Seraphin wrote:Exorcism

As far as I am concerned, (correct me if I'm wrong), the earliest recorded cases of exorcism can be found in the Bible.
Exorcism was also used in Sumerian and Akkadian cultures, pre biblical times, often as treatment for what we know today as mental or seizure disorders. I can dig up a source for you later when I get home tonight. Crapton of info though, and well put together.
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Oh man. Every time I log in here, well, it's amazing I don't give myself whiplash with all the nodding I do while reading the posts! I am just so grateful for those of you who share your experiences so openly. Living in a world where spiritual awareness is often dismissed as insanity or feared as evil, it's -- wow -- amazing to have a community where our experiences are, yeah, sometimes puzzling but they're still discussed in a mindful and respectful way.

This is what "normal" is for us, and I just love that we're so matter-of-fact in our discussions. Takes some of the scariness away from sharing, you know?

Ai. I ramble. Clumsily expressing my profound gratitude for this community. Every day I am grateful to have you folks in my life.

*sniffs, wipes eyes*
BabyBear wrote:
how do you determent what ability you have if maybe your abilities meld into this whole one ability meshup
and i wonder if others have such a hard time figuring out what abilities best fits with what they can do because of how many things come into play

The functions of spiritual and energetic awareness are as varied as the functions associated with being, say, a musician. I think that for every ten individuals who are spiritually and psychically aware, you'll probably find eight different functions of their psychic powers or abilities .

I also believe that your psychic abilities if utilized and trained do evolve over time. And I also believe that the environment itself influences what these psychic manifestations can occur. Does this make sense?
random417 wrote:
Seraphin wrote:Exorcism

As far as I am concerned, (correct me if I'm wrong), the earliest recorded cases of exorcism can be found in the Bible.
Exorcism was also used in Sumerian and Akkadian cultures, pre biblical times, often as treatment for what we know today as mental or seizure disorders. I can dig up a source for you later when I get home tonight. Crapton of info though, and well put together.
Thanks for sharing that to us random! Please do dig up your sources so that I can add them up here... with your credits of course!
Seraphin

random417

Post by random417 »

Seraphin wrote: Thanks for sharing that to us random! Please do dig up a source so that I can add them up... with your credits of course!
I forgot all about this! I've got a first birthday for the kiddo this weekend (pics after, on my I need a win thread), but I'll dig it up Monday. 2 questions, you want sources you can link to yes? Meaning I should stay out of my paper books. Also, shall I pm them, or drop it here?
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

You can just post them here random!

By the way, Happy Birthday to your kiddo!!! smiley_dance
Seraphin

BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Seraphin wrote: Oh man. Every time I log in here, well, it's amazing I don't give myself whiplash with all the nodding I do while reading the posts! I am just so grateful for those of you who share your experiences so openly. Living in a world where spiritual awareness is often dismissed as insanity or feared as evil, it's -- wow -- amazing to have a community where our experiences are, yeah, sometimes puzzling but they're still discussed in a mindful and respectful way.

This is what "normal" is for us, and I just love that we're so matter-of-fact in our discussions. Takes some of the scariness away from sharing, you know?

Ai. I ramble. Clumsily expressing my profound gratitude for this community. Every day I am grateful to have you folks in my life.

*sniffs, wipes eyes*
ik what you mean its only on here that i actually get this way i an no where as near as open to people ik about my abilities or belifes because of how they are prosived on here its all about being assepted and understanding and being a true community
this place rocks smiley_dance
Seraphin wrote:
BabyBear wrote:

The functions of spiritual and energetic awareness are as varied as the functions associated with being, say, a musician. I think that for every ten individuals who are spiritually and psychically aware, you'll probably find eight different functions of their psychic powers or abilities .

I also believe that your psychic abilities if utilized and trained do evolve over time. And I also believe that the environment itself influences what these psychic manifestations can occur. Does this make sense?

it makes perfect sense and is what i believe also i guess its more of a matter of honing the abilities to tell them apart is what i was thinking of for determining the abilities
ie what ways can you better hone the abilities as individuals and not wholes :evilwitch: Or what ways do others train their abilities

cus for me they are random, and usually many at once to the point that some times its okay but others im not so lucky
since i never expecting them and then they just hit and you have to play it off like nothings happened
ive been lucky with mine for the last couple of years thanks to most of my events just being physical empathy, random images about peoples life and thoughts, and dreams both of the past and of the future
mostly because i havnt really been in public places much in the last three years or interacting with people really for that matter but thats not always and wont always be the case
Soni

Post by Soni »

Does anyone here actually believe that some people are capable of teleportation? I find it endearing :)
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Psychic Powers of Man

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Thank you for this list seraphin. I now understand one of the strangest occurrences of my life was clairvoyance. And, the fact that I can slightly communicate with a deceased relative of mine means I am a medium as well correct? (Clearly, not a very experienced one) Also, based on your description of Empathy that describes me to a T, especially with animals.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Thank you for bringing this topic forward Rosie. I had forgotten about it. I don't always read the entire board. And thanks again to Seraphin for starting it. If you have questions on a specific ability that haven't been answered, Rosie, please feel free to start a thread about it. Especially if the topic has been addressed, but not in many months. Sometimes the thread participants have moved on.

I guess I fall into the medium category too. Nothing on a professional level, so I won't be getting my own TV show, but it's nice to know I'm not nuts.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I hadn't ever seen this before, I don't think. I'm very glad to have seen it, though, because now I have a list of the things I can do and will save it in a word document! I know how to further explore these and to work on them now. (: I'm particularly interested in that chronokinesis. Hehehe. Could come in handy so we'll try that out. ;D I fall under quite a lot of categories, it seems.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Soni wrote:Does anyone here actually believe that some people are capable of teleportation? I find it endearing :)
Me! I can't teleport but I do believe it's possible! :D

One of the highly documented case of teleportation occurred in my country. You may read this article about Gil Perez who unknowlingy transported himself to Mexico.

There's also a case involved a student of public school in one of the province here. He was one of those reportedly possessed by retaliating nature spirits or elementals because their school built another building where the entrance to the alleged dwelling place of the elementals was located.

Some clairvoyant students had earlier been warned by the elementals to tell their school admin not to go ahead with the plan. However, no one believed in them and therefore it was ignored. They continued to build the foundation of the building and that's the time six students (three male and three female), were possessed. The School administrator's and their parents were alarmed and didn't know what to do.

A priest was been summoned and he decided to bring the students to the archiodesian shrine to pray. When they entered the church and the priest was about to bring them in front of the altar, one of the male students, suddenly disappeared and was nowhere to be found. They looked everywhere, including the ladies' restroom, but no one could find him.

Shortly afterward, a teacher from the said school came running to the church and told them that the missing student was in basketball court crying. When they went to question him, he said that as he entered the church, darkness suddenly overcame him as if he was loosing his consciousness, and the next thing he knew, he was in the court far from the shrine. No one could explain how the boy got there. But as usual, Satan was accused of being responsible for his teleportation.

I know several other documented cases of teleportation but the above might suffice to answer your question.
Rosie wrote:Thank you for this list seraphin. I now understand one of the strangest occurrences of my life was clairvoyance. And, the fact that I can slightly communicate with a deceased relative of mine means I am a medium as well correct? (Clearly, not a very experienced one) Also, based on your description of Empathy that describes me to a T, especially with animals.
Yes Rosie. If you can communicate with and receive messages from the spirit world (not limited to the ghosts of the dead), you have experienced this several times in the past and the messages you interpreted were confirmed by recipients to be true and meaningful to them, then no doubt, you're a medium!
Seraphin

raewood

Post by raewood »

Seraphin wrote:Clairsentience

Although most people's third eye or clairvoyant vision isn't fully developed, they can usually sense spirits during their waking states and even during sleep.

People who have this ability can tell if there are spirits around a house or any place without seeing them. some are more sensitive to the point that they can identify the negative ones. People who can sense highly negative entities often feel difficulty or heaviness in their breathing and some developed headaches. Others have goosebumps or feel their hair standing up.
this is me! i get the signs above. but it usually starts with rolling gut feeling and nausea...sometimes i get a metallic taste in my mouth...
ive driven by places that had a heavy negative feel to them, not knowing that they were there or how close they were, and almost threw up about 10miles away. btw. is there a chat place on here? might need to ask some questions like asap.
and though she be but little,
she is fierce.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”