Sensing a presence?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
ArtisticWitch

Sensing a presence?

Post by ArtisticWitch »

Hello all!

When I'm meditating in my living room I will occasionally sense a presence sneaking towards me. I think it might be female, but I'm not really sure. It doesn't come across as malevolent or evil, if anything it has a vibe of mild curiosity radiating from it. And when it reaches me it will just sit down in front of me and stare. Nothing else.
(I know that it stares because I can sense it's gaze on me.) I will only attract this presence when I have reached a certain state of "higher consious" in my trance work, and it will then stay with me for the whole duration of it. But as soon as I open my eyes the presence disappeares, leaving no indication that it was ever there. The first few times this happened I thought it was all just my imagination, but then the incident kept on repeating itself, and I started to think that there might be more to this. I have recently triend to communicate with it, but it didn't really answer me. When I asked it who it was I just heard the words "no one" in my head. It doesn't always come to me, mainly because I don't always manage to reach a higher consious, but I can safely state that it happens 6 or 7 out of 10 times. And I would also like to add that I only meditate in the living room when I have the house to myself.

What do you think of this? Is it just my mind playing tricks on me, or could it be real?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Sensing a presence?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old, old unanswered post.

I've had this outside presence sensory experience when meditating - the "other" sits down & stares at my forehead - plus I'm a medium. I feel, hear & see (some) spirits. To me they have definable character-feels. I'd say this case was the meditator but it's not a trick. It's a feature of divided awareness, something like reflecting back our projected conscious/sub-conscious that shifts out of phase when we meditate. The conscious mind can experience the subconscious as "other" presence. When the attempt to communicate was made the sensory presence was "no one" which was a frank & truthful reply from the mind. It doesn't interfere. It observes. It's part of yourself is my best way to think of it.
barker

Post by barker »

Yes when someone is hanging out in your house, that's called a friendly ghost.

House spirits are friendly and proud. They attract things that secretly call us hostile and mean, it's about your subconscious and what you do to your own kind. Just don't betray them...
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I am very sensitive on picking up what ever presence there's hanging around. Specially anything negative, I think my past experience with these has helped me a lot. I have had a presence of something around when meditating many times.

Not very often though. One time was specially interesting when I was talking with a friend of mine who's a sort of an occultist, not a witch though, but he knows the bells and whistles of these things. He sent some sort of a guardian here, some kind of a spirit entity or entities which accompany him. It didn't feel bad, chills down my spine and the feeling of something being very curious. I felt something come in here, walk around and just look at me with curiosity.

It felt as if this entity was kind of a trickster, but not malevolent in any way, and it lingered around for several hours and then left.

Btw, in Finnish tradition different types of guardian spirits were a big thing, its said that almost everything has one, specially forests, houses, wells, sauna and so on. It could very well be that meditating person is like a beacon in the dark for these spirits and they might come hang around to see what's the glowing orb of energy doing there. :mrgreen:
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”