Hallmark's "The Good Witch" film series.

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
p3nathan

Hallmark's "The Good Witch" film series.

Post by p3nathan »

They've been showing a few of the movies here recently. I've only seen two of them so far "The Good Witch's Gift" and "Good Witch, Bad Witch". They were what you'd expect from Hallmark, i.e. soppy and sweet... but I actually really enjoyed them. They follow Cassie Nightingale, a witch living in a small town who owns a gift shop helps residents with certain things. It was nice to see a realistic witch in a film for the first time in a while; I was pleasantly surprised to see that Hallmark had actually seemed to have looked into modern day witches: using stones, oils, herbs etc. and magic often taking time.
Klia

Re: Hallmark's "The Good Witch" film series.

Post by Klia »

I completely agree. I was surprised that Hallmark, the very Christian channel, decided to dedicate movies towards the idea of witchcraft. I watch them every year and enjoy them very much. I love the look of the store and the little bit of magick seen in the film. Also, it means so much that people actually do their research and make sure they are correct when it comes to witchcraft. There's no upside down pentacles, the town loves her, and she's always a positive person doing good things even for the not so good people in the show. She's full of light and love.
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
Coven

Post by Coven »

I'm sorry ~ I didn't see this thread and started a new one ~ I should have searched the forum before posting a new thread.I think I did search it ~ but I didn't see it ~ sorry.

https://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/ ... 26&t=39226
:-|
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey, no worries.
Glad people use the search :fairy:
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”