Dilemma of a Christian Witch

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
Kassandra

Dilemma of a Christian Witch

Post by Kassandra »

Judging from many posts I've read here over the years, there are maaaaannnnny of you out there that could relate to this (even you Muslim witches, lol :wink: ).

You've grown up with one religion. It had been a bonding experience with those in your support system that you trust and love. You only wanted the freedom to pursue other avenues of spirituality, to explore, ask questions and answer them like a little spiritual scientist. It didn't change your love for your family members, or your desire to attend get-togethers with them, to be present at special occasions normal to life.

You were threatened with eternal damnation if you didn't comply, and that would be in the afterlife. Meanwhile in this life, you were threatened with having everyone you love and depend upon removed from your life, some threatened/experienced physical violence for their beliefs, some even worse. Because of your beliefs, you are ostracized, marked with a proverbial scarlet letter.

A dilemma, indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxazmzYE2Tg

kay 32

Re: Dilemma of a Christian Witch

Post by kay 32 »

Hello
I read this article with some interest and felt that I had to make some kind of a reply to this. I'm only new on here
(the forum) but I have been Wiccan for quite some years. I really don't want to jump into this with both feet so to speak but I would like to try and relate some of my experiences and at the same time try to get your ideas on this.

OK I was brought up in a family with a mother who was heavy religious and forced us as kids to comply or we would be punished. It wasn't a nice experience being forced into religion for almost all of my childhood life until my teens. I could write a whole lot more about that but lets leave it there. I must admit at this point I'm finding it difficult not to write a book on here about this. But lets try and keep it to the point.

So I always knew there was something else just there out of reach or I just didn't know what it was. I was lucky to be an out door kind of person and some of the things just being out down by the river or in the woods on a summers day just felt so right and calming. Another time something happened to me years later where I got a strong and positive message that I did not belong in conventional religion. I can still remember that happening clear and plain today.

At the same time I was reading about positive thinking and how you can have a positive effect on your life just by focusing on your objectives in life and setting your goals. I adopted that philosophy and started to focus on what I needed and where I wanted to be. Bit by bit I was reading more and more about the use of candles and colours and spells. Slowly I was actually starting to find the path that I wanted. At the same time I was still living in the country as I always have and still experiencing the ways of nature and enjoying it all. I read and read more and more and studied what ever I could. I was lucky enough to meet some one years ago, who has become my very dear and trusted friend and who was a lot like me. She however was more spiritual than me and followed that aspect of this faith more than I ever thought that I could.

Over many many conversations, she encouraged me to try and follow that side of things and so another piece fell into place for me. Now I have to admit that I have studied and read for a lot of years. I dedicated myself to this faith and craft and to the Goddess and the God and to Mother Earth. I at last feel complete and happy with all of this. I follow the Wiccan calendar and have done for years and for me at least my Goddess and God are as real and full as in any other faith. One thing I know is that if you do decide to go this way, then you should do it with a clear and open mind and heart and be sure that this is where you really want to be. If you offer yourself to the Goddess and the God do so with love and honour and they will be there always for you.

Fortunately I left my days of worry about eternal damnation and punishment for non compliance the day that I got the message that I didn't belong there and you know, that day was a release and a blessing for me. So I consider myself as only having one true faith which is strong and real and powerful. To me at least I can safely say that I follow this path with conviction. I often catch myself saying I'm so glad I am what I am and I know that I could never change now. The thing I have problems getting my head around is how can people say that they are a Christian Wiccan or any other mix. It's a bit like saying your a Budhist Muslim ? I can't seem to get my head around that part of it.

So I hope that somewhere in my ramblings you might catch a thread of a tale in all of this. I am very much a lone practitioner. My wife does share a lot of this with me too I have to say.

I really wanted to get something like this answer out to you and I hope that you'll understand what I'm trying to say. Basically don't worry about others and what they might think. Your lucky to have been shown this way and if that's your path then you decide. I really hope that in writing this I haven't offended any one or caused a few raised eyebrows along the way. I don't usually write stuff like this in public forums. In fact this is the firs time I think.

I hope that you see this
Thanks and Blessed Be either way

Kay
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

kay 32 wrote:I must admit at this point I'm finding it difficult not to write a book on here about this. But lets try and keep it to the point...something happened to me years later where I got a strong and positive message that I did not belong in conventional religion. I can still remember that happening clear and plain today...Bit by bit I was reading more and more about the use of candles and colours and spells....I was lucky enough to meet some one years ago, who has become my very dear and trusted friend and who was a lot like me. She however was more spiritual than me and followed that aspect of this faith more than I ever thought that I could...I dedicated myself to this faith and craft and to the Goddess and the God and to Mother Earth. I at last feel complete and happy with all of this...

I really wanted to get something like this answer out to you and I hope that you'll understand what I'm trying to say. Basically don't worry about others and what they might think. Your lucky to have been shown this way and if that's your path then you decide. I really hope that in writing this I haven't offended any one or caused a few raised eyebrows along the way. I don't usually write stuff like this in public forums. In fact this is the firs time I think...
Kay, what a lovely, heartfelt writing. Because of your username, I can't get it out of my head that you're not a lady named Kay. I have to get it in my head that your description says you're a 55-year-old married male, lol. Anyway, thank you again for sharing your thoughts. There are all sorts of age ranges here, and I hope that everyone got a lot out of your message to, basically, follow one's heart and it will lead to a fulfilling spiritual life. What's wrong with a few raised eyebrows? hehe :wink:

I think that friend you mentioned, who encouraged you in your path, was especially wonderful. I think the Universe drops things in our paths according to what we need, and just when we need them most, be it people, a certain book, a television or YouTube program we needed to see, etc. I've also noticed that when we need them no longer, they kind of fade away, and we must move on.

By the way, it's actually not me in the video, nor is this anyone I'm acquainted with. This video was a stumble-upon I figured I'd share here since we had a whole forum dedicated to "Christian Witchcraft." I posted it to generate discussion, inspire people to share their thoughts pro and con, as you so eloquently have, and so on. I have posted a lot of videos all over the board for these purposes.

This is a thought-provoking, controversial topic, indeed. Thanks again for your thoughtful post, and the best to you.

kay 32

Post by kay 32 »

Hi Hello
I'm so sorry I never replied to you before now. I only have just came across your reply right now.
Yes your right ..... I am a male called Kay. ...... I guess they had a boy named sue ..... so there you go. I know it's confusing. My real name is Keith and for so long I have signed out K ..... K .... Kay .... so that's how it came about.

I read lots of stuff and I do study a lot. So as I always say. I'm no expert, but if I can lend a hand, or help, I'll be here OK
and finally I'm going to give you a link to someone who inspires me greatly. I just love all of her stuff and for me it's all so meaningful. Look up Ms Julie Carol on you tube. I think you will love these. I do ..... also try Deva Premal on you tube too. Dakshina in particular
It's a real pleasure meeting you
Blessed Be
Kay :-) (the guy) hehe
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

kay 32 wrote:Look up Ms Julie Carol on you tube. I think you will love these. I do ..... also try Deva Premal on you tube too. Dakshina in particular
It's a real pleasure meeting you
Blessed Be
Kay :-) (the guy) hehe
Sounds interesting. Will do.

Same to you.

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”