Using Law of Attraction to Boost Magick

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Artemis

Using Law of Attraction to Boost Magick

Post by Artemis »

How does one go about making this work for them?
Zale

Post by Zale »

If you ever get the chance to read or watch "The Secret" it gives good advice

Blessed be,
Zale
Artemis

Re: Law of Attraction?

Post by Artemis »

Thanks for telling me about "The Secret." I got the book just now and I'll start reading it before bed.

Blessed be.
Zale

Post by Zale »

Let me know how it goes

Blessed be,
Zale
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Artemis wrote:Thanks for telling me about "The Secret." I got the book just now and I'll start reading it before bed.

Blessed be.
Wonderful book and the movie is great too!

Basically the law of attraction states that everything within the universe has a specific vibration and if you tune into the vibration of what you want you will attract it to you like a pair of magnets.

The basic steps are
1.) Intent: Decide clearly what it is you want (the more specific the better)
2.) Will: Visualize the desired outcome with as much positive emotion as possible (do not visualize the 'how' but the end result)
3.) Action: When you get inspired to do something that will help you toward your goal, do it with faith that the universe is working with you toward the desired outcome

Other words for the law of attraction are karma & reaping what you sow. The more you practice it the better you'll be at it. It is magic (in a loose sense of the word). You help draw things to you by meditating/visualizing, positive affirmations/chants and many many other ways that are not foreign to those in the craft.

To me the Law of Attraction is incorporating simple non-ritual/mundane spells into your everyday life on a frequent basis.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

I've been trying it out. First attempt was during a simple card game. The goal was to win 5 rounds, not in a row, for a prize. I really wanted the prize so I kept seeing myself already enjoying the prize and in the end I would've won, if it hadn't been for a slight mistake towards the end on my part when I put the card I was supposed to put last, first. So basically I had received 5 winning hands, a first because I was playing against people who are much, much better than me.

Second time, I really need my order to come in Mon Jul. 1 and it was supposed to come, originally, after the 3rd, I wouldn't have a need for it if it had arrived after. So I decided that these items would ship out on Friday. Friday. I focused on that, visualized receiving an email telling me that my order had been shipped out and a few hours later it was in my inbox. My items were on their way. Normally my orders aren't processed that quickly. It takes about 2-3 days before they're shipped out.

An hour or so later I received another email. I had placed an earlier order on the same item, but on a different site. The only problem with that order was that it wasn't available at the moment, and I had contacted customer service asking if it was still on backorder. It was, and they even said they weren't processing any orders for it, so I searched elsewhere for it. Now since I wasn't expecting it anymore, I was surprised to get an email telling me that my order had just been shipped out.

I freaked out a bit that day because now I have two of the same item coming in and I was worried about the money issue. However, it's not bad thing, just fund wise not a really smart thing.

Right now I'm visualizing the money I need coming through. I have to have everything ready by the 2nd and packed by that same day, or really really early morning on the 3rd.

I haven't only been visualizing it, I've been writing it down as well to help focus and specify exactly what it is I want.
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Artemis wrote:I've been trying it out. First attempt was during a simple card game. The goal was to win 5 rounds, not in a row, for a prize. I really wanted the prize so I kept seeing myself already enjoying the prize and in the end I would've won, if it hadn't been for a slight mistake towards the end on my part when I put the card I was supposed to put last, first. So basically I had received 5 winning hands, a first because I was playing against people who are much, much better than me.

Second time, I really need my order to come in Mon Jul. 1 and it was supposed to come, originally, after the 3rd, I wouldn't have a need for it if it had arrived after. So I decided that these items would ship out on Friday. Friday. I focused on that, visualized receiving an email telling me that my order had been shipped out and a few hours later it was in my inbox. My items were on their way. Normally my orders aren't processed that quickly. It takes about 2-3 days before they're shipped out.

An hour or so later I received another email. I had placed an earlier order on the same item, but on a different site. The only problem with that order was that it wasn't available at the moment, and I had contacted customer service asking if it was still on backorder. It was, and they even said they weren't processing any orders for it, so I searched elsewhere for it. Now since I wasn't expecting it anymore, I was surprised to get an email telling me that my order had just been shipped out.

I freaked out a bit that day because now I have two of the same item coming in and I was worried about the money issue. However, it's not bad thing, just fund wise not a really smart thing.

Right now I'm visualizing the money I need coming through. I have to have everything ready by the 2nd and packed by that same day, or really really early morning on the 3rd.

I haven't only been visualizing it, I've been writing it down as well to help focus and specify exactly what it is I want.
WOW! Sounds like you're off to a great start! You're ahead of the curve, most people need to practice for a while before they begin to manifest things so quickly so it sounds like you have a knack for it!

Good job!
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Ok so, I've been thinking a lot about traveling. New Orleans specifically. For 1-2 years now I believe. I've imagined myself there, enjoying the food and stuff. Last weekend, I think, as I was clearing the table of newspaper, I reached for one loose sheet near my laptop. I don't know why I did it, but I flipped the sheet over and there was an ad for an event focused on New Orleans that would be taking place this month.
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Artemis wrote:Ok so, I've been thinking a lot about traveling. New Orleans specifically. For 1-2 years now I believe. I've imagined myself there, enjoying the food and stuff. Last weekend, I think, as I was clearing the table of newspaper, I reached for one loose sheet near my laptop. I don't know why I did it, but I flipped the sheet over and there was an ad for an event focused on New Orleans that would be taking place this month.
It's pretty cool how the Law of Attraction works... if you focus on what you want long & hard enough the universe gives you opportunities and inspires you with what actions you should take. But then magic works the same way so I consider the Law of Attraction a form of magic.

Be sure to bring me back some beads! :)
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I think the law of attraction is a really important part of making magick, so I made this topic a sticky topic. When someone tells me they have trouble getting spells to work for them, I explain the law of attraction and recommend that they watch or read "The Secret". Of course, there will be people who take it too far and become disillusioned with it, but if you're able to stay rational and realize that sometimes things take time to manifest and that fate may also play a role in your life's events (meaning, you may not get everything you ask for), then you should be able to use the law of attraction to improve your life in many areas. I've used it with great success in the past. It's helpful if you have a partner to work with. It increases the energy you put out and also helps you remember to do your exercises. It can be done alone too though.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: Using Law of Attraction to Boost Magick

Post by Starwitch »

I changed the title of this thread to "Using Law of Attraction to Boost Magick". It will get more views that way.
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Going a little off topic for a sec...
Starwitch wrote:if you're able to stay rational and realize that sometimes things take time to manifest and that fate may also play a role in your life's events (meaning, you may not get everything you ask for)
It's hard to separate sometimes what we want and what is for our highest and best. Sometimes when we force what we want and it's not for our highest and best it can become a disaster! (I know this all too well from personal experience)

So... be careful what you wish for (and be careful how you word your spells!) It's never a bad idea to end a spell with something like,

"As this spell works may I be blessed
May it work only for my highest and best"
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

I've seen the secret. But I was really cynical about it because it was in a mental hospital. But I guess its worth a try.
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
AmethystRayne

Post by AmethystRayne »

When I have to explain spells to people who don't understand Wicca, I tell them it's like a much more focused way of using the law of attraction....because I feel LOA a huge component of a spell. I'm still new, but even after I've done a spell I continue to visualize exactly what I want the outcome of the spell to be. Plus it makes Wicca sound much less scary and enhances the positivity a bit when I explain it this way.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

To this day LOA is working for me on and off. Still trying to find that right balance where it'll stay on the 'on' position for me. A few new instances:

1) It's been a wish of mine to print Christmas cards for my family with my own artwork. I've had the sketches, and ideas for it down in a notebook of mine, but because of money related stuff I hadn't been able to do it for years. Suddenly there's this chance to win $75 to a print site. Guess who won?

2) One weekend I got up early so I could go fill out a job application. I had a bus pass, but I was kinda hoping my mom would give me a ride. I didn't ask however because she normally says 'no' anytime she's asked for a ride. She saw me getting ready, asked me where I was going, and offered to drive me. Then on our way back, I was thinking about how nice a cool refreshing drink would be right about now. It was hot, dry weather. My throat felt parched, and all I could think about was getting a honey dew boba. Then that started me on imaging all my other favorite drinks. Like a green tea smoothie from Jumba Juice. Or a green tea frappe from Starbucks. My all time favorite, milk thai tea. I remembered how cold the drinks are. How they make my fingertips go numb sometimes. I remembered how they tasted. Suddenly my mom asks me if I want to get a boba drink, and I got my milk thai tea. And she rarely offers to pay for stuff, or even buy stuff that isn't necessary.

3) I still want to go to New Orleans. Especially to eat at Cafe du Monde. I had written on a post it that I would travel to New Orleans. Well, that same day when I entered this shop that sells boba drinks, I noticed on the wall in front of me three picture frames each with an image of Cafe du Monde.

4) One evening I was just meditating for almost two hours. I was feeling kinda stressed about money, and wanted to relax. Well I came out of my meditative state, checked my email, and found that this online shop I've been a member to for a few years now had out of no where given me $20 to spend on anything in their shop, just because I hadn't bought anything from them yet. And to be honest, I had completely forgotten about that site too.

5) I've been wanting a fountain pen for a while now. This one store that I get frequent newsletters from holds giveaways for it's subscribers. I've entered several of them and never won anything. Well they were giving away a fountain pen, and ink bottle. I entered hoping that I would win, but then also feeling like, yeah I'm probably not, but still I really really hope I win. Opened up my email one afternoon and found out I won. Not only that but I had also won a $25 gift card from a different giveaway I entered.

6) I entered a giveaway by this blogger I follow. She was giving away some makeup. I was thinking how nice it would be to win them, but it wouldn't matter even if I didn't win them. Didn't have to worry about not winning them because I did win.

LOA works for me. Now imagine it combine with spell work, and what you can create!

Return to “F.A.Q.”