Summerland / Pagan Afterlife

Member's writings, poetry, ramblings, etc.
sylphaxiom

Summerland / Pagan Afterlife

Post by sylphaxiom »

I am writing a book that deals with the pagan afterlife and the Summerland. I would like to see what people believe about the afterlife and the journey through the afterlife or what happens after death. Also views on comas, reincarnation, heaven and hell, and life and death would be greatly appreciated! Please any feedback would help. I'm stuck a couple chapters in and need some good input from like minded people.

I always wanted to see a good book based on a Wiccan or Pagan life and religion come to fruition so I thought I would write one myself. We don't get enough positive exposure out in a world where Christianity is predominant. A book like this could do wonders for the Pagan youths out there or the community in general.
May the Gods be with you, and the hand of Fate be a gentle touch to guide you.
AutumnMaidens

Re: Gathering viewpoints for a book

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Sounds like a book I would like to read :D

As for my views... they are still changing, experience keeps making me doubt whether or not my views are correct.
At first I saw the Summerland more as a resting place for souls before a part of them was reincarnated while a piece of their conciousness remained forever in the Summerland to act as guides to the ones we were connected to in past lives.
But I feel as though it might also be something we strive towards, as if we reincarnate untill we reach enlightenment and we can go to the Summerlands.

I also think there is some truth to Plato his views on the soul. The soul is weighed down by our animalistic desires and it is our intelect and reason that helps us balance out. Perhaps the only true way we can reach enlightenment is when our animalistic desires and our soul are balanced completely do we reach the ultimate place of being.

Heaven and Hell are christian adaptation of anchient religions their views on the world of the gods and the underworld. They took them and changed them in such a way that they became something worth fearing.
It sounds simple but it is what I have come to accept as true. Because I have since long accepted that if there is such a thing then the God who came up with the concept is not worthy of any concideration on my part.
I view the Gods as if they were my parents, loving and caring but strict and clear-cut. They might have karma give you what is coming to you but they would never send their children to an eternal pit of fire and pain. And nobody can convince me otherwise.

Coma.. well I have had friends who have been in a coma and they came out of it with the most wonderful tales that almost makes me thing the native Americans were right. They thought that when someone had a mental dissability or something akin to that it was because a part of their soul was still with the devine and they revered those people.
Perhaps when you're in a coma your mind doesn't weigh down your soul as much anymore and a part of your soul is already with the devine.

Anyway, I'll stop writing now :P

Hope this was of any help,

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
sylphaxiom

Re: Gathering viewpoints for a book

Post by sylphaxiom »

That was perfect! Thank you! You gave me a lot to think on for my book. I would hope to get a little more of a draft and post a bit of it up here so some of you can read it. The more ideas the better!
May the Gods be with you, and the hand of Fate be a gentle touch to guide you.

Return to “The Creative Corner”