Love Spells - Opinions, Advice, and More...

Questions and posts about love spells.
LadySibella

Re: Love Spells - Opinions, Advice, and More...

Post by LadySibella »

You're welcome Blackpearl! I'm glad it helped you :D ,

Love and light
:)
PleaseAcceptMe

Post by PleaseAcceptMe »

hey guys.. Please read my post on : http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 22613.html

I desperately need advice on love spell.. I would truly appreciate it if you take your time to read and reply to me..thanks..
Aura_Guru

Post by Aura_Guru »

My own professional opinion is as follows: First I dislike the notions of free since they refear to the moral rather than the mechanics of magick.I believe that a witch - especialy one inexperienced at the Arts- should primary concern him/herself with the more practical aspects of witchcraft rather than the philosophical ones.Furthermore love has a prety wide/obscure definition. Indeed what most spell-seekers seem to be searching for has been termed by Greek philosophers accurately as "agape" (true,unconditional love).In this case I advise to not attempt a spell for many reasons.First there's the Rede for Wiccans to consider,then theres also the issue that agape is a very complex & ill-understood emotion.As such manipulating or creating it is difficult.As with all ephemeral matter of the Mind one should also cosider the complexity, lack of reliebility and the consequences.Since thoughts are not static but by nature chaotic and dynamic even if the desired effect is achieve, it tends to be short lived.Also, the price of a failed erraticaly behaving spells in this case can be dire for both the caster and the unfortunate reciepient for such a spell.
On the other hand "Eros" the other aspect of love, wich can be correlated to romance, is a more viable choice.The above still apply but being a plainer emotion, it involves less complex spells,although the price of failure can still be high.Duration-wise Eros is by nature short-lived and therefore the interpid witch is (or should be) well aware of this fact.
Overall I discourage love spells.They rarely work as intended and carry heavy emotional baggage with them not to mention possible complications and morals.Lust spells are far more reliable and they always have possibilities for more to follow goodnevil
Aura_Guru

Re:

Post by Aura_Guru »

Aeolian Echo wrote: I am now dating a Thai woman and recently visited with one of her spiritual advisors who informed her that I was carrying a curse.
Please advise me.
Please do avoid using terms you may not be familiar with.A curse is spell meant to bring utter death,destruction & chaos not even mere harm to a victim. A love spell is not a curse under any circumstances.For refearance: hex is a spell/effect to bring discord & harm to an individual. An jinx is a spell/effect meant to bring unpleasant effects wich rarely rise above annoiance level.A love spell could loosely be call an enthrallment or perhaps enchantment effect more accurately.
Now I advise heeding Starwitch's counsel and actualy verifying if there is magick involved.I advise heeding your gut above else though, and if you do believe this was a spell, it should long have waned and if it has not, removing it is not so complex at all.
P.S. I generally disagree with the whole "your mind makes it real" approach.There is such a thing as the placebo effect but its neither as widespread nor as omnipotent as people seem to believe it is.That's just my personal opinion though -take it or leave it.
bogwillow

Post by bogwillow »

melinda wrote:Okay, I haven't managed to read the entire thing -lots of pages, I'm not even half way through, but I decided to answer anyway, I've noticed that lots of people are against love spell, and all about kharmic debts and I figured someone might want to hear the other side of things.
I'm not against love spells, I've never used one, never seen the point, but I've cast some. With friends of mine or...for friends of mine.
I'm of the opinion that as long as the spell isn't too forceful or intrusive, I really can't see the difference between that and another sneaky way to make someone love you. I think making someone who doesn't seen interested look at you in a new like by changing him instead of changing yourself with make up or by downright pretending to be a person you're not is probably sounder.
I'm not talking here about the really hardcore crap here, but if two people are single and interested in a relationship, using a spell to make someone you fancy see you in a new light is just a way to make him attracted enough to want to get to know you without perjuring yourself.
This is similar to something I've been thinking about. My situation is a bit different, in that a certain man has charmed the hell out of me, in ways that might be considered manipulative. This is not some slimeball, it's someone I've known for years who is so wonderful and kind in many ways (which is how he finally won my trust), and who naturally has considerable charm and knows how to use it. And I can't really blame him for that.

So, I finally opened up to him emotionally during a time when I felt extremely vulnerable and uncertain. We became quite close, and had just started admitting to some very warm feelings for each other. Things were actually just starting to heat up to my satisfaction, when I ran into one of those life-changing circumstances: a bit of cancer, followed by surgery. I was actually going through chemo when he told me that his long-distance girlfriend was moving in with him.

I realize now, in retrospect, that I should have known about the girlfriend. Maybe I didn't want to know, because I'm pretty sure now that I actually had plenty of opportunities to know. I also think he may have mistakenly assumed I did know, but he never ever mentioned to me that he had an actual girlfriend until he told me they were moving in together.

Now, I'm a Scorpio but in my later years I've been someone who tries very hard to take the spiritual high road. I'm very attached to him now though and I'm hurting. And jealous, because, you know, I'm a Scorpio. I'm tempted as hell to do some kind of love spell. Because I do feel from him that his feelings for me haven't changed, and I've had plenty of evidence that he still cares for me, though obviously he also cares about his existing relationship.

I haven't shown him my hurt (proud Scorpio), I've stayed friends with him, I know he's a good person with flaws like everyone. People aren't all black or white in nature, and perhaps some spells aren't either? Or am I just trying to rationalize going after what I want? Because frankly, I'm awfully picky and I don't meet someone this special very often. :(
Blackcat101

Post by Blackcat101 »

In response to Bog willows post. You seem like a very thoughtful and intelligent person. If someone is in a long term relationship and wants to see other people as well, it is definitely his responsibility to spell out what the situation is 1. to his girlfriend and 2. to the other party or parties. It is not an omission on your part that you didn't ask him if he was available. I hope you have made a full recovery from your illness and anyone who would walk away from someone who is going through treatment for cancer is in my opinion actually a slime ball. I think you could cast a love spell on yourself to attract someone worthy of you. I don't think you should waste your energy on him, because karma will take care of it for you. Best wishes for a healthy happy future.
bogwillow

Post by bogwillow »

Thanks for your reply, Blackcat. Yes, I'm doing fine physically, thanks again. I still maintain he's not a slime ball though -- for the sake of brevity, I left a few things out, like the fact that us getting together right now, because of my own situation, would cause serious consequences for a number of people. When I'm honest with myself (I'm feeling a little saner today), I know he did the wisest thing for both of us, under the circumstances. And as I said, the more I think about it, he must have assumed I knew he had a girlfriend. Turns out everyone else knew, so it was probably a safe assumption, if a wrong one. I try not to gossip much, so I get left out of the loop sometimes. ;)

My point though was that many people have natural gifts, such as oodles of charm. They might not always consciously be charming you, but it would also be unavoidable sometimes to do a bit of deliberate charming (ie, with intent), when they're attracted to someone. I mean, we all do it. And of course, it is manipulation. I was manipulated, but you can bet I also dropped a few pounds and bought some new clothes, and was as charming, witty, fun, understanding, and profound as I could manage. You almost can't help it (well, I can't) when you're smitten. So my question is, would doing a love charm really be that different?
tiggersrme

Post by tiggersrme »

I'm very new here and in need of help to my love come back.and to make the other women go away far far away, I try to do a bans, spell but it it work yet, it was the water one where you wite there name on paper and flush it way!really could use help.
brythonicwitch

Post by brythonicwitch »

The only love spell I have ever performed was a self-love spell, which I cast on myself.

As for the kind of love spells being discussed here, I think the ethics are questionable. Manipulative or not, surely it cannot feel real (for both parties) if the spell 'works' and draws the person to you. Love is a specific kind of magick that we know nothing of, and I truly believe real love is outside our influence. I personally would not be able to deal with the idea that the person was only in love with me because of a spell.
Aniu

Post by Aniu »

I agree with everyone here. Love isn't something you can mess with, and now I'm speaking from experience. Yes, like all pre-teen witches I have tried them. They've either not worked, made me maddly in love and blind to the real situation, or chased the person away from me completely. I've learned my lesson. You can't make a person fall in love with you. You can love yourself more, but that's about it. My friend was a person that pushed the limits with love spells. She had "Gray" love spells meaning that they kinda messed with free will but the other person had to have some feelings to begin with. Needless to say, all of her relationships were horrible. Just about all the guys were obsessive towards her. Some were even way overprotective. Even when she "broke" the spell, one guy was still trailing her.

There was only love spell that I DID like tho. I liked it not because it made the other person fall in love with you, but because if they did like you they would keep talking to you and if they didn't they would magically stop talking to you. It was like you confessed you liked them without saying anything. IDK, out of all the love spells I think that was the only OK one. But I've even stopped doing that.

The last love spell I did...made me so...just...obsessive. I didn't see him in like literally 3 months. However I was still maddly in love. He was all I think about, all I cared about, all I could see myself loving. When I finally realized how crazy I was acting, I broke the spell. It was probably the most intense spell I ever casted in my life. I wish I could've used that energy for something productive...
Forever live in love and light!
SaitoSybil

Post by SaitoSybil »

Hey all, I came to ask...

I recently tried a love spell from this website called "Simple Love spell" involving some flower petels.
Well I used some pink flower petels, I checked bak on the letter weeks later and saw a black stain on it leadin from the inside so I opened the letter and saw the flower petels black and molded.

Could that mean anything bad?
Arwena23

Post by Arwena23 »

I once put together what I would call a love spell to protect my lover while he was away, while it was more of a protection spell, I still consider it a love spell because it was my love that empowered it. While I don't believe in interfering with a persons free will, who is to say that the spell I cast didn't cause him to make a different decision that he would not have made otherwise (he was building bridges so, maybe crawling a beam instead of walking, or double checking his harness for example) after reading some posts and asking some questions I am sill on the fence about weather enhancing someones feelings that are already existing, or helping them have mental clarity, is imposing on free will. I lean more towards the idea that it is still their own decision, they just had a little help in knowing what they wanted.
MsMollimizz

Re:

Post by MsMollimizz »

waterglyph wrote:
** Remember that learning to love yourself is the best way to bring love into your life.
:twisted:

I haven't got all the way thru the thread yet but I may :)

Try this: Each night before you go to sleep look in a mirror at your reflection
and tell yourself you are beautiful. After awhile you will notice small changes in your
reflections, others will too. That's the best love spell of all, making yourself beautiful
and no one will be able to resist at least stopping and talking to you-the rest is up to
you !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
AutumnGirl

Post by AutumnGirl »

I agree that if you do a love spell on a specific person, you may be eliminating both the other person's and your ability to be free when a really great person for you (and a really great person for him/her) comes along.

And trust me, I really do know what it feels like, that incredible pain of a person you love not loving you. And that feeling that "there's no one else like him/her in the world." But IMO, if it really is "meant to be," you wouldn't need magic to make it happen. Sounds cliche and simplistic but it's true.
North Star

Post by North Star »

Love ♥ I have to admit it is my guilty pleasure. It is kind of my thing. I love all things related to love magick, big love junkie here. And it still can explode in the craziest of ways on me. After all these years I still take chances though. Most of the time you don't get what you think you want, you get what you need to learn. It can be a beautiful process of growth, for some of us, but it can also be downright destructive if you dabble with the heart and aren't prepared for what may come.

I also think when you are open to love magick, and using it on another, you open yourself up to theirs. They do not need to be a witch or know a thing about magick for you to feel this magick from them. Feeling their energy, you will feed on it if you have put magick out on the relationship. They can say things and make you feel things that will sometimes feel like a curse, your heart takes over and you find yourself under THEIR spell. Sexual and Love magick, that energy is strong. Be aware to be under their spell if you want them under yours. It does happen when you play with this stuff. Love Goddesses arent all about peaceful, good, healthy and happy, bubbly and sweet, piece of cake relationship tools. Big misconception with 'asking for a Love Goddesses help'. You want her help, accept to learn her lessons as well.

I know some witches do not care for love magick, and the whole 'intended' is not all cut and dry, for me. If you have love with this person already, know the risks and understand what you are doing, thats one thing. Love magick can be a lot more than spells and getting what you want. Some it seems are drawn to the craft simply for that perfect spell for perfect love. I don't like seeing young or beginners absorbed in it before they have an understanding. I cant stand spells on someone who shows no interest in you, or some guy you just met. That kind of stuff, that does nothing for a young girl (or guys) mind set about healthy love.

I always did attraction type spells in general through out most of life, never much on others. Bringing love and feeling love within myself. THEN got a little 'higher' much later on with how I work things. What came with that was not just experience in magick, but in life and love as well. I prepare myself for what may come, I know who I am working on (say a husband or my 'soul mate' for lack of a better term) and I think they pretty much expect it and accept it, they know what they are dealing with lol. But really, what I see is there is 'magick potions that will make someone love you', and this is such a bad way to think for young people especially, in life and magick. Then there is love magick that wives (or husbands) or lovers perform, intended or not it is a choice to the practitioner what is right from wrong. (This is from a woman influenced by a morally questionable Love Goddess so this might not be how others see it, everyone needs to find where they stand themselves on this matter of love and morals).

Bottom line... be prepared to have your heart ripped open if you want to go ripping into someone elses. But if you know right from wrong, love magick is not all 'make you love me' crap, it can be wonderful if used with respect and understanding, of yourself, the other, and of magick.

Threefold in love usually means pain back to your own heart. Be prepared to take this on. ;)

Return to “Love Spells”