Pagans Aren't Americans - Gingrich

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
RuneGeek

Pagans Aren't Americans - Gingrich

Post by RuneGeek »

Re-posted from: (Site has closed)

Sunday June 7, 2009

Newt Gingrich, the thrice divorced defender of family values and Catholicism, warned "I am not a citizen of the world. I am a citizen of the United States because only in the United States does citizenship start with our creator." Which would be news to our Founders as well as to the Constitution, that gives rather different requirements.

Apparently from Newt's perspective we Pagans are not Americans, for in his fatwa he warned Americans that they are surrounded by "Paganism."

Mike Huckabee, who had earlier explained the relationship between our constitution and his theology: "I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view..."

That Pride and Power are Huckabee's real deities was made clear when he criticized President Barack Obama for saying in Cairo, Egypt, last Thursday that one nation shouldn't be exalted over another.

"The notion that we are just one of many among equals is nonsense," this Servant of Sauron said.

These examples of moral and intellectual vacuity were supported by convicted felon, Oliver North.

Three old white geezers giving their race and gender a bad name, speaking to a crowd that gives its religion a bad name.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Boo hoo. President Bush didn't think/count atheist as real Americans.
Did you hear what Fox news said during Christmas?

I say that with love and respect.
RuneGeek

Post by RuneGeek »

atheist of peace wrote:Boo hoo. President Bush didn't think/count atheist as real Americans.
I know he didn't think witchcraft was a religion... I watched the words come out of his mouth. :roll:
Did you hear what Fox news said during Christmas?

No. Probably no big surprise, but I'm not much of a fan of Fox News. :lol:
White*wolf

Re: Pagans Aren't Americans - Gingrich

Post by White*wolf »

RuneGeek wrote:Re-posted from: http://blog.beliefnet.com/apagansblog/2 ... grich.html

Sunday June 7, 2009

Newt Gingrich, the thrice divorced defender of family values and Catholicism, warned "I am not a citizen of the world. I am a citizen of the United States because only in the United States does citizenship start with our creator." Which would be news to our Founders as well as to the Constitution, that gives rather different requirements.

Apparently from Newt's perspective we Pagans are not Americans, for in his fatwa he warned Americans that they are surrounded by "Paganism."

Mike Huckabee, who had earlier explained the relationship between our constitution and his theology: "I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view..."

That Pride and Power are Huckabee's real deities was made clear when he criticized President Barack Obama for saying in Cairo, Egypt, last Thursday that one nation shouldn't be exalted over another.

"The notion that we are just one of many among equals is nonsense," this Servant of Sauron said.

These examples of moral and intellectual vacuity were supported by convicted felon, Oliver North.

Three old white geezers giving their race and gender a bad name, speaking to a crowd that gives its religion a bad name.
I heard about that a couple of days ago.
-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Return to “News/Articles”