Dreaming as an alternative way of gaining experience.

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
level

Dreaming as an alternative way of gaining experience.

Post by level »

Since I started exploring the spiritual aspect of human nature and meditation I discovered that I could control what I dream, but more importantly what is left of that dream when I wake up. Most of us naturally leave dreaming to run its course naturally and seldom pay attention to what we dream. I was like everyone else. I only paid attention to those dreams that were spontaneous or the ones that summoned a strong emotional vortex so that the dream remained imprinted in my mind after I woke up, or brought and created an emotion that was pleasant and complex enough to separate it from the everyday routine that we all go through on daily basis.

I fell in love with the concept after realizing that Dreaming is capable of creating worlds as complex as the one that we live in and even beyond that. But more importantly the possibility that we could alter the course and rules of the scenario running in the dream. I have observer few things about dreams. For instance they most of the time have absolute coherence that forms a state of existence just in the mind. That in itself makes me wonder how complex is our mind to be able to spawn two realities at the same time. One of the realities is the world that surrounds us in a dream and the other is our own interaction within that environment. Thinking and building a world at the same time… and yet when we are awake we just glide through the day seldom creating thoughts that are complex beyond what surrounds us.

So I started experimenting having in mind that complexity. The result was instantaneous. Instead of waiting for my consciousness to wake up within the dream I instead started creating the nature of the dream before going to sleep by developing it in my mind. After that I would drift into a dream that had that pretext and characteristic embedded within put with a flavor and drive from that unknown matrixing ability that we have that creates randomness in our dreams. Exactly that randomness is what made my research even more interesting because it created uncharted curves that were compatible with my initial set up. Another factor that I realized after entering Dreaming state was the coherence and level of reality within those controlled dreams. Those dreams were filled with personal choices that twisted and guided the dreams to extract maximum interaction and feeling out of any given situation. The feelings that I felt within those dreams were as real as the one that I get when I am awake. I would awake and remember everything as if I had just experienced it.

Here is where I realized that dreams were an alternative system that was capable of contributing to our lore of experience, where there were no boundaries to what we wanted to experience and go through. But more importantly to stay registered by your mind and bodies as a real experience. It is hard to train your mind at first but after few dreams you will be able to control more and more the outcome and initial character of the dreams that you wanted to explore. I have been doing it for few years now and the satisfaction level as well as the complexity that I encounter still baffles me.
I love Infinity, where we get to loose our self and catch whats important to us.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I was told a while ago by a good friend. That when you deal with creatures, spirits or really anything related to the astral plane.

"I know it doesn't make sense, yeah its weird... ah huh... yeah I know right! I've had a couple of those..."

Essentially, things present themselves in strange ways, the astral plane doesn't play by human rules, it doesn't always make sense. If we even begin to grasp a percent of its complexity, it simple blows our mind.

Nice experiments.
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

I'm happy at your discovery, level! This is a key point in growth. You have learned that you can exist in one reality and yet experience more than one at the same time. Congratulations and Blessings to you on your journey!

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Imagine what you could do with a vivid day dream.
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

Atheist of peace wrote:Imagine what you could do with a vivid day dream.
Hehehe...I have a good imagination :)

Vivid day dreams all the way :) I mean...come on...it's the only bit of fun I get at the moment. I can shape a world...and make it feel so real to the point where I'm delusional...and just drown myself in it...

Cool...yet depressing knowing that the day dreams will probably never come true :(
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

Heh...I was wondering when this topic would come up :D
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

MidnightWolf wrote:

Vivid day dreams all the way :) I mean...come on...it's the only bit of fun I get at the moment. I can shape a world...and make it feel so real to the point where I'm delusional...and just drown myself in it...

Cool...yet depressing knowing that the day dreams will probably never come true :(
it is true. or how do you know this reality is any more true? Reality, is observed, the observer thus defines reality. Change how you observe reality, change reality. One minute I am thinking like an atheist, the next a pagan, then a muslim...what happens? what I see changes. My observations change, further changing my mentality, and changing reality. Why is belief so important in so many faiths? Belief is a tool for shaping reality. If you believe in rocks have "souls" what is the out come for working with rocks? If you disbelieve, what happens? Prayer with out belief, what happens. Sadly in this point of view realities we can only change so much, because the collective observation is the "control group" so to speak. I'm still looking for a way past that...

Dreams, lucid dreams, day dreams are well, different, amazing etc. *leaves Iti oj shift, enters his Healing healer shift* (all shifts are healers)
Be back in a few with a new post.
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

Atheist of peace wrote:
MidnightWolf wrote:

it is true. or how do you know this reality is any more true? Reality, is observed, the observer thus defines reality. Change how you observe reality, change reality. One minute I am thinking like an atheist, the next a pagan, then a muslim...what happens? what I see changes. My observations change, further changing my mentality, and changing reality. Why is belief so important in so many faiths? Belief is a tool for shaping reality. If you believe in rocks have "souls" what is the out come for working with rocks? If you disbelieve, what happens? Prayer with out belief, what happens. Sadly in this point of view realities we can only change so much, because the collective observation is the "control group" so to speak. I'm still looking for a way past that...

Dreams, lucid dreams, day dreams are well, different, amazing etc. *leaves Iti oj shift, enters his Healing healer shift* (all shifts are healers)
Be back in a few with a new post.

I have a feeling the rock belief thing is directed at me...
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

@Kitty...I'm suprised you haven't teased me about the possible contents of my day dreams yet...hehehehehe...

XD
Whitewitchboi_235

Post by Whitewitchboi_235 »

do you mind me asking wat the astral plane is and how ur dreams or daydreams are part of it?

i am not understanding, sorry.

thnx.
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

To me what it means by your daydreams and dreams being part of the astral plane is that that part is your metaphysical part...your astral part if you will. its hard for me to explain what I mean and I'm not sure if its correct

and why ask what I already know...lol he's been in a few of mine too :D
Whitewitchboi_235

Post by Whitewitchboi_235 »

so it's like part of ur soul? I think maybe I'm not understanding.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”