If u had a name change, which name to use in spell?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
tamo

If u had a name change, which name to use in spell?

Post by tamo »

Hi,

i have a question.

i have changed my name (last name actually) many spells require your name to be used. so i have a question, when performing a spell that require names of two people which name i should be using in spells. many people still know me from my old name.

thanks for your help.
Shutter

Post by Shutter »

What ever name you tell people when you meet them, should be the name you use in spells. If you have shed and old name... then it is no longer a part of you.

be well.
Mikhael

Post by Mikhael »

I use a name that I only use in magick, so you may want to do that?
Let me take you down cuz I'm going to.. strawberry fields.. nothing is real..

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace-- Jimi Hendrix
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

If you've given yourself a spiritual name, then it seems logical to use it in your spiritual dealings. :)
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Which ever feels right for the spell, which ever name was more "you" etc
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

I use several magickal names depending on the purpose of the work I'm doing.

If I'm doing healing magick I use a certain name, if I'm doing protection magick I have another name and if I'm doing shadow magick I have a different name.

I see names as garments, I put them on and take them off to reflect a different side of my personality that I need to bring to the fore.
Bruby

Post by Bruby »

Greymalkin wrote:I use several magickal names depending on the purpose of the work I'm doing.

If I'm doing healing magick I use a certain name, if I'm doing protection magick I have another name and if I'm doing shadow magick I have a different name.

I see names as garments, I put them on and take them off to reflect a different side of my personality that I need to bring to the fore.
Very interesting!!
Whitewitchboi_235

Post by Whitewitchboi_235 »

why use different names, if you don't mind me asking?

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”