WE ARE SO SCREWED!

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
nature_in_control

Post by nature_in_control »

ok,heres what is predicted to happen in a week:

electricity shuts down

oceans dry up,no water left on earth

animals and plants die due to lack of water

human race ends

and to top all that off,those nuclear war predictions are becoming more of a reality,as north korea is testing nukes for an unknown reason,and no doubt america will attack north korea,they hate each other!
~*nature_in_control*~

"I am not here to bring light to a world of darkness, but rather choose to represent darkness in a world blinded by light~"
blackswordca

Post by blackswordca »

greenpeace wrote:ok,heres what is predicted to happen in a week:

electricity shuts down

oceans dry up,no water left on earth

animals and plants die due to lack of water

human race ends

and to top all that off,those nuclear war predictions are becoming more of a reality,as north korea is testing nukes for an unknown reason,and no doubt america will attack north korea,they hate each other!
While im not totally sure about this...

The solar storm is a real possibility and while life may be annoying for a while, Id say power would be back up in major centers within 3 months. Rural areas longer of course. It also depends if the lines are EMP hardened.

With enough foresight, we could turn off power plants before the storm hits, that way they will be functional when its done.

Its not going to be a world ending storm, just a major annoyance.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth.. the rest of us shall conquer the stars"
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

Like I said before....2009 is to be the year of CHANGE whatever that may mean, there will come about many changes this year....good or bad...
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

the movie Knowing...though I was a little "busy" during the watching...had a good point...when the world ends...are you gonna loot people? or reconcile and spend your last moments with the ones you love. Material will not make you happy and it won't save you. At least love will make your last moments more precious.

Even if the world ended...we'll go somewhere or other. Things happen for a reason...

but if the world doesn't end and we are set back from modern society...we should take it to heart and be better people than we were
Phoenix_Rose

Post by Phoenix_Rose »

If I am being completely honest, I do believe that something of this sort is due to happen. It has been being predicted for years, and I really think it's going to occur sometime soon. A group of people and I, and let me tell you we are not the only ones, have been preparing for it for a while now. And I'm not saying that you have to believe, but I am saying that I do. :)

Oh, About religion being as shaky as science, I completely agree with you Release_the_bats! ^.^

~Miss Phoenix Rose Tudor~
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Ok, all this is fine and dandy, really... but can anyone at all tell me where these "scientific theories" are coming from?? Solar flare, Planet X (which looks speculatively like the tree of life to me)...reverse polarity... Really, if you think about it, on what date would the Mayan Calendar ending make the most sense? Yule; the winter solstice. The end of the Wheel of the Year. Which is when the dang thing ends. Were they really supposed to go on literally forever when making their calendar? 122112 sounds like a pretty nifty number to stop at, if you ask me. But then again, that adds up to the number 9... so maybe that's the Mayan's way of saying anyone who isn't 9 will die... or that there will only be 9 people left? Or it means nothing? Or everything?

Personally, I'm banking on it meaning nothing. And even if a giant solar/lunar/mystical whatnot does flip the earth over and reverse polarity on 12/21/12, life will resume. Might just be cockroaches and weeds, but you never know. :wink:

Live each day as though it were your last. :grin:

~Bright Blessings~
*MoonStone
Orion

Post by Orion »

The ending of the Fourth Great Cycle, MoonStone. I guess they couldn't predict how big demand would be for the Fifth Cycle calendars ;) B

I still have plenty of curiosity of what may happen.

Though I am in total disagreement with the 'Religion is as shaky as science'. Especially in context of wild theories* being brought up as fact. Science is the constant honing of human knowledge. Most religions are a set of beliefs that refuse to change based on presented evidence. That is why I prefer science and spirituality to a religion as the path I walk.

*A theory is an educated guess based on a correlation of known facts to determine another fact. They remain theories until proven. A theory is a theory because it has the ability to be proven or disproven. That is why "most scientific theories are constantly changing, they are being disproven, proven and always leave room for error. "

Sorry, a bit of a pet peeve. People seem to be gung-ho about picking up a theory like a banner and running with it. Similar to gossips in school. Then people dismiss certain scientific facts outright because some of the Theories didn't hold up.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
Granamyr

Post by Granamyr »

Folks, 2012 and this scientific phenomena of a solar storm are only connected because people want to see a connection. The Mayan calendar ended at 2012. That's it. It's a total coincidence that we're predicting a disaster to happen in that year. And ho ho, what if a solar flare doesn't happen and...a massive tsunami wipes out loads of people? Ah ha, see! We were still right. People will find *some* disaster in 2012 to try and say, "See, we were a little bit right."

"Knowing" was a stupid movie IMO.

Science is based on evidence and testable, repeatable events when at all possible. Religion simply cannot even come close to such things. That doesn't make it invalid but they are not the same. I choose scientific fact over religious myth any day and I examine the old stories in light of new discoveries and truth.
Phoenix_Rose

Post by Phoenix_Rose »

People can believe what they choose to believe. You cant simply say thats its 'not going to happen' without any proof of the fact, and then talk about proven facts and science and whatnot. No one can truly no if anything is going to happen until it happens. What if a disaster happens and it is because of 2012? We cant just rule out the possibilities because it seems 'illogical' or 'unreasonable'. It might really be connected. I believe that it is going to happen, but thats not why im saying this. Im saying this because it needed to be said.
~Miss Phoenix Rose Tudor~
Chaos Shaman
Banned Member

Post by Chaos Shaman »

2012, the year of revolution(s) ?
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

At this point if there is a disaster and the such in 2012, humans made it. Kinda like Odeipus(sp). You made your own distaster trying to prevent it.
Granamyr

Post by Granamyr »

"You cant simply say thats its 'not going to happen' without any proof of the fact, and then talk about proven facts and science and whatnot..."

The burden of proof is on the claimant. In this case...the 2012'ers. I, being a skeptic, do not have the burden of producing evidence that it's *NOT* going to happen. Notice, I didn't say it wasn't going to happen. I said, it's a coincidence that people are predicting a disaster in alignment with said date. A disaster may indeed occur but the two will not be connected.

Science makes claims and backs up their statements because they are the claimants. So yes, I can "talk about proven facts and science and whatnot..." I don't see even one 2012'er presenting any solid evidence whatsoever for their claims. Why is that? Right. Because like I said...religion and science aren't the same.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Granamyr is right, she is not making the claim, everyone else is. Burden of evidence is not on her shoulders.
Mikhael

Post by Mikhael »

Orion wrote:A theory is an educated guess based on a correlation of known facts to determine another fact. They remain theories until proven. A theory is a theory because it has the ability to be proven or disproven. That is why "most scientific theories are constantly changing, they are being disproven, proven and always leave room for error. "

Sorry, a bit of a pet peeve. People seem to be gung-ho about picking up a theory like a banner and running with it. Similar to gossips in school. Then people dismiss certain scientific facts outright because some of the Theories didn't hold up.
Scientific Theories, on the other hand, are looked at as facts by most scientists. Gravity is a theory. Geometry and Calculus is based off of theories. Hell, the future itself is a theory. Prove to me the next few seconds won't exist..... damn they did. Try again? Nope. Still here. My point is you can't call it BS just because it's a theory and not a fact.

As to the main subject line, my THEORY is that the would most likely won't end n 12/21/2012 (I mean, what kind of a deity would end the world the day before my birthday :wink: ) but rather something catastrophic will happen around that time (not unlikely in this day and age) or the world as we know it actually will end sometime in that area.
Let me take you down cuz I'm going to.. strawberry fields.. nothing is real..

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace-- Jimi Hendrix

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”