Pan's Labyrinth

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
FaeSpirit39

Post by FaeSpirit39 »

Damn, now I want to go out and rent it even more.

I know the imagery looks absolutely gorgeous.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I can't believe I didn't see this thread until now!

I absolutely LOVE Pan's Labyrinth. It's one of my favorite movies. I'm amazed at the different perspectives you can take, how the ending can mean several different things. (Personally I consider it a happy ending, but only one other person in the theatre agreed with me that I could tell!) There were a couple times when it was excessively violent, but considering it was a fairy tale (a real one, not a Disney one) I'm okay with that. It added to the flavor.

The reason why it's subtitled is because Guillarmo Del Toro (the creator) despises Hollywood. He's done a lot of work with them in the past (Hell Boy for example) and usually gets screwed because he doesn't get as much creative authority as he'd like - they tend to mess things up. So, as a tribute to his father and the history he was trying to portray, he went independent and captured it just the way he wanted to, which I'm grateful for.
Tart

Post by Tart »

I love that movie. It's great. The effects are beautiful! Being a lover of Fae doesn't help my case :p Halloween Horror Nights last year had a house like Pan's Labyrinth. It was awesome!
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Shy of 3 years thread necro

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”