Pan's Labyrinth

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
[SanityIsLost]

Pan's Labyrinth

Post by [SanityIsLost] »

Has anybody seen Pan's Labyrinth? If you have, what did you think of it?
:-) Robin
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

No, but I've ordered it :)

From what I've read, and from what others have told me it's one of the best films out there. Apparently it's excellent. Check out the Amazon reviews if you haven't already.

I can't wait to get my copy :D
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
spinneyhex

Post by spinneyhex »

Its not what I expected but was a very good film and a great story. Quite violent so be warey :wink:
Rein

Post by Rein »

I saw the original "the Labyrinth", so I expect it will be good if it's anything like that. It definitely sounds more action-packed and obviously the special effects will be better thanks to good 'ole Hollywood. :P

Actually, I'm not 100% sure if "Pan's Labyrinth" is actually a remake of "The Labyrinth" or not.

After all, I saw "The Labyrinth" when I was just little. (I got scared of those door-guards...)
[SanityIsLost]

Post by [SanityIsLost] »

It is nothing like The Labyrinth, trust me! It is one of the goriest movies I've ever seen but I love it. It's a great fairy tale and an awesome drama. But it might make you cry. I admit I cried in the theater and almost couldn't get up to leave... :oops:
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Ooh, I've been wanting to see that!! :shock: :D :o Now I REALLY want to watch it!!!!
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

I have heard nothing but good reviews for this film and will definately make a point of seeing it in the not to distant future
twilight_lilly

Post by twilight_lilly »

I love that film.

I was a bit unsure at first because of the subtitles, but It's so magical and the little girl is so sweet.
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

AMAZING
i cried lol
-lydia
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Is the entire movie subtitled? Or just parts of it?

Blessings,
twilight_lilly

Post by twilight_lilly »

The version I watched was all subtitles, but you might be able to get it dubbed :?
Elem

Post by Elem »

Naw, you can't get it dubbed as far as I know.. I can't imagine anything worse than seeing it dubbed, to be honest, if someone did.. It'd completely destroy how beautiful the film is.

Subtitles really aren't so bad - I fail to see why people have a problem with them. A lot of the time, the dubs are horrendous.. Blech. Please, if you do find a dubbed version.. Don't watch it. Watch the original, you'll enjoy it far more.

Elem
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

...i thought subtitles foriegn films were all the rage. ive been trying to get a copy of this movie since it was released but i cant get them.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I usually leave subtitles on for English-speaking films (weird, but it helps me understand better) but I didn't realize that this was a foreign film with subtitles. I do have it on my list of movies to be sent to me from Netflix.

[SanityIsLost]

Post by [SanityIsLost] »

After a little while I forget I am even reading subtitles and I agree that a dubbed version would probably take away from the film.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”