samhain rituals?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
badash237

samhain rituals?

Post by badash237 »

i've searched a lot on google and about.com, and i'm not having any luck finding any decent samhain rituals to do for halloween. does anyone have any links or ideas for this holiday? even a sabbat ritual worksheet of some sort would even help. any info is appreciated!
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

ah, you could take a browse at the "Sabbats and Esbats" section
badash237

Post by badash237 »

thank u, i'm still a little slow on all the stuff on the forum, becuz it's basically an encyclopedia of everything i'd like to know haha.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

well being sectioned the way it is makes it a hell of alot easier.
forgottenDuo

Post by forgottenDuo »

My family has dinner with deceased loved ones. We allways set at least one extra place at dinner for any "guests" who happen to stop by.

Does trick-or-treating count as a ritual? It's one of my personal favorites.

Jen
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

"Does trick-or-treating count as a ritual? It's one of my personal favorites. "

well the way its portrayed it seems pretty ritualistic.
though we in Australia generally dont do halloween so i cant be 100% on that
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

For the last few years, our family has had a huge bonfire after dinner and performed the following ritual (adapted from 'Kindling the Celtic Spirit'):

Answer in your mind and heart the following:

What would I like to change about myself?
What would I like to change about my community?
What would I like to change about the world?

(In general, these should be things you would like to remove or get over, such as a grudge or bad habit. These are like resolutions, but think first!)

Take in hand a length of chord or twine, it doesn't have to be very long, maybe 4-6 inches.

Tie three knots in the chord. As you tie each knot, concentrate on one of the three things you are trying to change.

At the bonfire, after opening a circle or whatever your particular tradition is, everyone thinks again on what their answers are and throws the chord into the flame. With the burning of the rope, empty from your mind your bad habits and don't bring them up again. In this way you are banishing your habit symbolically and in your mind and it will be easier to break.

Return to “For Everyone”