Nerys

Imbolc 2023

Post by Nerys »

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Imbolc 2023

Post by Firebird »

Blessed Imbolg may the emergence bring you all great things this year!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Hope you all had a blessed Imbolg.

-----

Is the temple ancient?
Are the fires unlit?
A barren womb,
forgotten and dust?
Was the caretaker worn
and addled by life,
did he lose the key
held in his trust?

Throw open the shutters,
Throw open the door,
Fetch the brooms,
In a joy, not in chore,
To dust and clean,
polish and wax,
ponder and dream,
move and stack,
light the incense,
see silver gleam,
alight the candles,
watch the gold beam,
breathe back the life,
purified,
returning a love,
deified,
releasing a moment
suspended in time,
returned to the day
that its echo would chime,
its sweetest note,
dearest longing,
its fondest embrace,
A kiss divine.

- In the belly.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Love that Corbin, thanks! :D
A friend read this one by Caroline Mellor at our celebration and I was fairly blown away, the green cloak part gave me chills!

I am the dream of awakening

I am the dream of awakening.

I am the returning of the light.

I am the tough green shoot pushing up through the pavestones, I am the first kiss of sunlight on the unfurling petals of the snowdrop. I am the wind which whispers the gentle pull of home to the migratory bird.

I am the drop of ice melting on the mountainside with its great dream of the ocean.

I am the sap rising in the blossom tree just before it reveals its sticky buds to the sky; I am the riotous celebration humming away beneath the earth’s mantle of frozen sleep.

I am the rousing of the bee from its winter slumber, and the soft pad of the mother-wolf’s paw on the snow as she prepares to birth her pups.

I am hope, potential, rebirth and promise. I am the kindling breath which transforms a spark of inspiration into a blazing torch.

Give me the silent crescent moon rising over the sea and I will build you a bridge of silver light so you can walk across and lie down in it.

Give me the frost-hardened wilderness and I will lay my cloak of radiant green life over it.

Give me the healer, the poet, the midwife, the craft smith and the prophet, and I will replenish her essence and make her new again.

I am Brigid, Bast, Inanna and Hestia. I am the fierce protectress of the sacred fire.

Tonight I bestow my gifts of power and courage at the hearth of your soul. Power to shed all that which no longer serves you, and courage to clear your heart and mind for the dawn that awaits you. For I am the longing of the spirit which refuses to be consumed by a narrative of fear and chooses instead to place itself vivaciously on the side of love.

I am the song which cannot be silenced, for it is carried deep in the bones of the land. I am the flame which cannot be doused, for it is kept aglow in the hearts of the free. I am the wellspring of knowledge and the milk of the life-force. From the darkness of the earth I give light to the flame which will forge the new world.

I am the stirring in your belly that knows what you are capable of, and just how much your gifts are needed now. For you are as much a part of this world as the rivers and the forests, the creatures and the stars in the night sky. All are sacred to me.

For I am the Exalted, Goddess of land, sea and sky.

I am the fire within which will not be contained any longer.

I am the quickening, I am the serpent uncoiling, I am Imbolc.

I am the dream of awakening.

Author’s note: Imbolc is an ancient Celtic festival associated with the Goddess Brigid. It celebrates the first stirrings of the spring in the northern hemisphere and is held on or around the 1st February, halfway between the winter solstice and the spring equinox.

SOURCE
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”