Sleep Paralysis Episodes

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
TheMaynardo

Sleep Paralysis Episodes

Post by TheMaynardo »

Hi everyone, new member here !

For for past 6 years I’ve been having sleep paralysis and episodes. In the beginning they weren’t that frequent, once every 6 month or so. Started off hearing screaming to the point it felt like my ear drums were going to burst, even once fully awakening my ears were ringing. To having dark figures on my chest and not being able to breathe. Surprisingly the most frightening was an old woman standing over my bed with a butchers knife in her hand, smiling like Jack Nicholson’s joker and giggling at my fear, that one lasted about half hour. In the past year or so these episodes have Become much more frequent, for instance it’s happened every night this week. I’ve always seen a range of different figures/entities. The newest one is a menacing looking girl, only real comparison to what I’ve been seeing a the girl from the grudge, but all dressed in black. Last night I finally let the paralysis take over for a little bit and faced her. Still scared the shit out of me though lol.

Anyone have similar experiences or some insight as to why this might be happening to me so frequently now? It’s kindve spinning me out with how often it’s now occurring.

Sorry for long post, cheers !

***i usually feel it starting to come on for 10 minutes beforehand via buzzing noises in my ears and feeling my body slowly go numb. At this point I normally snap myself out of it or sit up and stay awake for half hour or so just so it doesn’t happen***
Last edited by Firebird on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk signature advertisement. please remove
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sleep Paralysis Episodes

Post by Firebird »

hi there! welcome :fairy:
we have several threads on this topic, Here is one http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 0paralysis
go ahead and try the search feature and see if there might be something else you can relate to.
As I understand, it has something to do with the chemical that helps us sleep and the waking chemical one are not working as they should, so even though your brain is waking up, it's kinda like your body didn't get the memo to do the same.
In the meanwhile swing by the intro section and make a quick post letting us know a bit about yourself. Thanks
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
TheMaynardo

Post by TheMaynardo »

Hey thanks for the reply!
I am quite aware of the scientific explanations but was more so curious if anyone believed there was a possibly a somewhat spiritual connection to it or any other possible theory :)
Thankyou again and I’ll have a hunt around!
Cheers :)
WinterRose

Post by WinterRose »

I get sleep paralysis although not that often now as I am on medication that prevent it. (Medicine is for anxiety, it’s just that it also corrects the chemicals that create SP) It started when I was 16 and I’m in my 30’s now. I’m not sure what it would be like if I didn’t take the tablets... I know if I don’t take my medication for a couple of days, the SP comes back.

My theory is that yes it’s a scientific reason why it happens BUT you can experience spiritual happenings once you’re in the middle of it.

It’s definitely the most bizarre sleep disorder I’ve ever come across.
laakshi

Post by laakshi »

Sleep Paralysis can be really terrifying. When it happened with me I thought my nervous system just lost contact with brain and I am in Coma. Thankful I wasn't!
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Spiritual experiences usually do not involve being unable to move. That's how you can know the difference in my opinion.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I’ve had two experiences in which I was out of body and stuck on the floor or ceiling yet my body was awake & aware it couldn’t move. I was in both places. It is definitely weird. I don’t know if it’s sleep paralysis. I often see myself coming and going from both viewpoints.
AvaFarmer

Post by AvaFarmer »

Hey there, I saw your post about your sleep paralysis episodes and wanted to offer some support. It sounds like it's been happening more frequently lately, which can be tough. It's good that you have a strategy for dealing with it, like staying awake for a bit or sitting up. I would recommend talking to a healthcare professional to understand the reasons for insomnia and get some advice on how to manage it. In the meantime, stick to a good sleep routine and make sure your bedroom is comfortable. And remember, you're not alone in this, and there are resources available to help you.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi there Ava, did you read the thread? This is not about insomnia..pretty much the opposite.
Please swing by the intro section and let us know a bit about yourself next time you log on, thanks!
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”