Christian Witchcraft

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
ravenwhite

Christian Witchcraft

Post by ravenwhite »

I am a christian, and I am a witch. I know both of these to be true. NOW WHAT? LOL Any advice?
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Christian Witchcraft

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

There's a lot of history to defend this practice.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Look into the parts of the Craft that interest you. Psalm magic is folk magic & there's a couple posts on it. Therapeutic Touch teaches how to channel beneficial energy & there are books & websites on it. Work with Nature's elements. Creating sacred space for prayer & practice is quite flexible so, if you haven't then design a personal altar. Having a home altar is common in many faiths. There's a post on simple circles where a variety of ways to do circles is discussed. And if you want help with spells just ask, OK. Every human being has a pineal gland which is like a resonating crystal imbedded in the brain & we're meant to use it. It's part of the school equipment. :wink:

I just looked at some of your earlier posts and see you have wrestled with these perceptions of duo-concepts for some time. Uh-Yeh. Balancing what seems like 2 opposites & blending them into One nature is what we humans do on a daily basis. One of your posts had mentioned sensing the Spirit of the Place, feeling the individual energy identity of a location. Empathic folk are energy receivers & will recognize energy signatures at 100 paces with the wind against them ๐Ÿ˜‰ . My theory is crystal resonance within our bodies. I found personal validation by using dowsing rods & finding energy lines in my back yard & around my property. I used the rods to find underground pipes just before some scheduled construction was done & my finds were accurate. So take advantage of any opportunity you get.

This little ditty taught me to expand my concepts & views.
"You drew a circle that kept me out; heretic, rebel, a thing to flout
But love & I had the wit to win; we drew a circle that brought you in."

Last edited by SpiritTalker on Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update & remove expired links
ravenwhite

Post by ravenwhite »

SpiritTalker, I have wrestled with this for a VERY long time. I have created an altar, and I am studying the elements. I see them as manifested energy, not as individual gods. I am very interested in folk magic, and I am trying to learn some simple spells and rituals to kind of get started. there is so much information. In addition to this I am still trying to reconcile casting spells, witchcraft and being a christian. I think I am pretty much there but I am very open to any informtion that would continue to support this
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think my favorite spells are the easy ones that can be adapted to any situation because there's less distractions. There's nothing wrong with repetition of a spell-form because it strengthens with each repeat. That's just how our brains work. I've used Psalm candle magic with good results.

Something that helped me years and years ago was knowing thru prayers & meditations that God-the-Divine knows my heart & loves me; knows what my intentions are and loves me; knows what my short-comings & doubts are & loves me. I can't do anything to endanger that love as long as my soul still seeks God-the-Divine & doesn't reject that contact. Contact has so many, many forms - called faiths. IMO it's all One to the Divine. I belong to God-the-Divine at my soul level & S/He will never let me go. I have Their promise. I can explore the Divine's creation in all it's many forms. The Cosmos is teaming with life every-where, on this planet & beyond. How can I not be in awe, worship & seek that Divine? Call It whatever Name you like, it is holy & it dwells with-in Life, unconditionally. Anyhow that's what I 100% believe.

In any path - we seek or we reject. Each choice is another shard shaved from the gem stone of the soul that's being shaped & polished to reflect the Divine. Again, that's my opinion & a work in progress & sort of new-agey but nothing's really new.

What it's got to do with practicing witchcraft/magic is that we humans have (god-given), natural, built-in creative abilities. We can choose to use them wisely, i.e., to express the Divine that dwells within us. Our minds are the tools we Craft with. So far human-kind hasn't put a better title on the process than "magic". In some occult "mystery" paths magic is a Divine grace something like faith to a Christian.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

A friend of mine wrote a Christian grimoire. It's based in powwow that is Pennsylvania Dutch Tradition. You may want to check it out it. It's cheap now: The Powwow Grimoire https://www.amazon.com/dp/1501096826/re ... 8Db81QH3GA
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh! Hey, I've read that book.
ravenwhite wrote:SpiritTalker, I have wrestled with this for a VERY long time. I have created an altar, and I am studying the elements. I see them as manifested energy, not as individual gods. I am very interested in folk magic, and I am trying to learn some simple spells and rituals to kind of get started. there is so much information. In addition to this I am still trying to reconcile casting spells, witchcraft and being a christian. I think I am pretty much there but I am very open to any informtion that would continue to support this
Studies - Take it deeper & make it personal by journaling about what you do
. You've made a personal altar - ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.
. You're studying the elements of matter - ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.
. There are elemental-beings comprised of their own element. It's been shown by a Japanese scientist Masaru Emoto that water has memory https://duckduckgo.com/q=emoto+water+cr ... d&ia=about
. Youโ€™re aware of land spirits who dwell in geographic locations & have intelligence & limited will - ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.
. I recall a comment made by Janet Farrar in an interview re: the rituals in her books : "Oh I don't use those. I just write that for other people." ๐Ÿคฃ That's when I stopped memorizing gawd-awful long addresses to the mighty & dread lords of the watchtowers & relaxed.

Can you be a Christian witch?

Italian Folk Magic: Rue's Kitchen Witchery by Mary-Grace Fahrun is Christian folk magic.
Powers of the Psalms by Anna Riva is for candle magic.
. See the posts Christian Candle Magic and Candle Magic with Psalms in the Christian Witchcraft sub section, and Psalm Magic in the Folk Magic sub-section; & the post-a-Spell section โ€œsimple spellsโ€ post for more info.

. A Christian Witch might pray to The Father/Mother God and petition intercession of Angels & Saints through prayer-offerings. Google Archangels, Guardian Angel & Patron Saints prayers.
. Color use: ๐Ÿ”ด๐ŸŸ stimulates, ๐ŸŸก๐ŸŸขsustains, ๐Ÿ”ต๐ŸŸฃ relaxes conditions
. Scent use: ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ“sweet/peace, ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‹citrusy/purify, ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒฒforest/prosperity, ๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿง„spicy/protection
. Easy circle: sprinkle holy๐Ÿ’ฆwater ๐Ÿ”„, lite incense, load-aim-push๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿผ to cast circle โ†ฉ๏ธ
. A๐Ÿ•ฏcandle would be cleansed with holy๐Ÿ’ฆwater; anointed with๐Ÿ’งoil; ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝcharged with prayer or your incantation; then set in a holder & lit to burn itself out.
. Sigil & petition๐Ÿ“papers can be placed under candles & ๐Ÿ’Žcrystals, Holy cards & Saints relic medals or other tag-lock links can be placed along side.
. Choose candles by burn-time: tapers @1-inch/hr, tea-lights 2-4 hrs, votives 10-15 hrs, 5-7 day vigil lights

DIY Holy Water: Bless salt & water separately - In the Names of the (+)Father/Mother, (+)Son and (+)Holy Spirit, I charge you creature of salt/water with the power to dispel harmful forces. Add 3 pinches salt to 1/4 cup water. Likewise bless light olive oil and add 1 pinch of blessed salt to 1-Tbsp oil. Add essential oil scents if wanted.
Silent Ponny

Post by Silent Ponny »

I spoke once about this and I must be blunt, Christian dogma doesn't allow witchcraft. They are strongly against it. So, those two can't go hand in hand because God itself said not to worship idols and other false Gods.
May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't
Ellis Asher

Post by Ellis Asher »

Silent Ponny,
I don't share my Christian witchcraft as I don't see an upside, however, here's my rationalization. I live by the new testament. It's God's grace that I'm entirely submitting to. Although there are several references that speak directly to witchcraft or indirectly, there are also references speaking directly toward there being other "olde" gods.

I do not worship any god above my God but I see absolutely no reason why I can't pray or communicate to my God in specific ways. Nature's goddess, the elements, directions, etc. All parts of my omnipotent lord.

Cheers

Return to โ€œChristianity and Other Religious Faithsโ€