Calling rain

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
SapphireRoad

Calling rain

Post by SapphireRoad »

Hello,

can you please sent an intent of your wish that there'd be rain in Slovakia.
I read that 1 month ago droughts were already critical. Since then, after 1 month it barely rained.

I've had my selfish reasons to avoid rain invoking spells but no more.

I can share that Slavic Goddess to preside over rains was probably called Diva-Dodola, or Perúnica the wife of Perún.

Now I wonder what would other members suggest for execution of rain invoking spells and rituals?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Calling rain

Post by SpiritTalker »

The only rain spell I’ve come across is wetting the broom’s bristles and flicking it at the sky along with repeating whatever incantation you come up with.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_LifCGu6k
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

May the rain fall soft upon your fields...
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

SpiritTalker wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:19 pm The only rain spell I’ve come across is wetting the broom’s bristles and flicking it at the sky along with repeating whatever incantation you come up with.
That's a sweet thing to do.

Yesterday afternoon I posted this and in the evening it started to rain, although forecast was of no rain at all.
Been raining night and some showers during the day. Now around time Firebird posted it started to rain again, this time the most heavily.

So thank you all.

Now the challenge lies in questions on how to keep this, or repeat, or consider heard and solved. Since few days of rain in this condition will not repair the droughts' mark. At this moment, I don't know, but I feel for these days the action has been taken.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

Rain spells aren't my area of expertise. Far from it, seeing as how my element is fire. But I have had success working with dragons and bunyips when I needed some rain.

If your drought persists, and you'd like some help in the future, I can ask the pair of water dragons that I work with for some assistance.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.
michaelmontgomery

Post by michaelmontgomery »

Raindance. Sprinkle drops of water around your room. Give cups of drinking water to green plants. Sit down and make a prayer from your heart asking for rain. BIG booming rain. Picture blue rainclouds gathering from faraway places and riding the westbound tradewind called Zephyr. Keep calling and say thank you.
astjim

Post by astjim »

I found this interesting information about calling rain -
The “calling for wind and rain” ritual, known as cầu đảo, was a key means through which the Nguyễn court in nineteenth-century Vietnam sought to regulate rainfall and alleviate the effects of natural disasters. Despite their prevalence and importance, cầu đảo rituals have received little scholarly attention, and the court’s engagement with the environment has not figured prominently in previous understandings of the Nguyễn dynasty. Drawing on a range of sources, including official court histories, the letters of French missionaries and provincial gazetteers, this article examines cầu đảo practices in Vietnam between 1802 and 1883 and explores the complex relationship between the environment, emotion, and royal governance.
Try searching for more information, I'm sure you'll find something useful.
My zodiac sign is Cancer and I didn't know why I love looking at the moon at night so much. Recently I found out that the Moon is my ruling planet, it's something!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

It's interesting the different rituals for rain from various countries. I wonder if they have a common thread of any kind. Can you possibly add a link to this article? Also next time you log in could you please swing by introductions and let us know a bit of who you are? Thanks.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”