A Witch's Wishlist

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Singer45

A Witch's Wishlist

Post by Singer45 »

By some good luck i already have four large stones, a chalice (handmade by my mother), mortal & pestal, candles, a few herbs, and an alter place. However, i have been trying to compile a list of things every witch uses. I know that it changes with the witch but i was hoping for some basic item lists. Any help would be amazing. So far i have....

1. Athame
2.Cauldron
3.Candles&Oils
3.Wand
4.Broomstick
5.Cloak/Ceremonial Outfit
6.BoS
7.Incense
8.Bowl sets

Any other ideas?
_Kaimira_

Re: A Witch's Wishlist

Post by _Kaimira_ »

hi dear,

you forgot the candles white and green which stands for the goddess and the god. opse nevermind i see candles hehehe i am tired. but you are missing feather and a bell.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

sword is an option, and just as a note if you use bells dont invite faeries to your circle and use the bell they do not like it.

sicle or the white handled knife used for ritually gathering herbs
charcoal to burn the incense *its a special kind*
Pentacle for the altar *not to be confused with a pentagram necklance they are two differnet things*

*side not again gold and silver are commonly used candle colors for the god and the goddess*
filipesia

Post by filipesia »

_Kaimira_ wrote:hi dear,

you forgot the candles white and green which stands for the goddess and the god. opse nevermind i see candles hehehe i am tired. but you are missing feather and a bell.
hey Kaimira! im new at this, so I hope you dont mind if the reply to this question is obvious, but Ive never read about a spell that uses a feather... what is it for?
Zili

Post by Zili »

Actually a witch only needs what he/she feels she needs.

My altar has a couple of candles, a few statues or figurines that represent me, my totems, or the elements, I have a bell that was a gift from a friend, but its more for decoration because it looked good with the altar set up. I have a prayer stick, a drum, and a feather (usually lots of feathers) because I collect them with birds being very prominent in my totem pole.

usually a large feather is used with sage for smudging which is to purify and bless a person, objects, or a home.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

What I mostly use:

Candles - assorted sizes
Cauldron - 6”
Incense-matches
Notebook & pen + post it notes
Singing bowl

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

a wish list eh?
what would you wish for?
I would like a large cauldron, like your typically pot bellied type with 3 legs.
I have 3 cauldrons already, but they are more like a Dutch oven with strait sides. Then I have a few smaller ones for incense and burning stuff and a tiny one for a tea lite.

I would like a real witchy like cauldron :fairy:

don't think I need anything else.

ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

This is what I have on my wish list.

an altar cloth
a bell
crow feathers
a human crystal skull
tea light candles
taper candles, various colours
a cauldron

That's it for my wish list unless I need other items further down my path.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

I think it's time to update my wish list.

I now have a bell that I took off the Christmas tree, one crow feather, two human crystal skulls (one is a clear quartz and the other is black onyx), tea light candles and coloured taper candles.

An altar cloth would still be nice but not necessary. I got a bit choosy for a cauldron as I want a copper one that's big enough for a votive candle. That one would be used as part of a ritual.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Spell candles are non-existent here and the chimes Xmas candles I used to buy as replacement, those have been out of stock since forever.
And I miss not being able to travel anymore, used to buy danish candles that have the pleasant wax scent from the 1960s.
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

I get chime (aka spell candles) off amazon as the stores here don't have them. As for regular size taper candles, if I'm lucky, I find them in a thrift store or in Dollarama. So now I have a good stockpile of candles, lol.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Big box stores, hardware stores, even the bigger grocery as well as dollar stores should have emergency candles, boxed about 10 to 12 in a box are perfect size for spells. Also, Jewish and Christian supply store also have these shorter candles. Shabbat candles are a good size. If all else fails find a candle making company and order from them. In a fix? Birthday candles are a really good in a pinch candle for spells.
bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ok I found the website to the candle supply place I go to!
Be sure to check out their close-out or other specials for some really good deals. They also have incense that is really yummy (probably for use in the catholic church, but still really energetic) they sell charcoals by the giant box full, and sheet beeswax (I've enjoyed making special candles by anointing the sheets with oils and sprinkling trace amounts of herbs or crushed stones on before rolling them up), So, it's a great resource to make your own magical candles.
https://www.generalwax.com/product-category/candles/
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
elizium7

Post by elizium7 »

interesting information
Firebird
Site Admin