necessary Supplies & Materials?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
wiccan_butterfly

necessary Supplies & Materials?

Post by wiccan_butterfly »

I think that someone has already posted a topic like this, but i was just curious though, what do you need and dont need to have in your supply closet? i personally have: candles, incense, cauldron, books, and other supplies, but what do you see as a needing nesseity, or material, and what do you have that you recommend.
Aryiok

Post by Aryiok »

You might want to think of adding your own robes, athame, pentacle. That is if you are looking for materials for casting circles.

Aryiok
wiccan_butterfly

umm, im not quite sure, i was just speaking in general
Aryiok

Post by Aryiok »

Raymond Buckland's Big Blue Book Of Everything (titled: The Complete Book Of Witchcraft) has an extensive list of materials needed. It's also a great book if you're just starting out and need some ideas, just don't let it be the end all, be all of your collection.
wiccan_butterfly

well thank you alot, but do you know how much this book cost? because i have been hearing and seeing that his books cost LOADS of money
Elem

Post by Elem »

Bear in mind that, as others have said, you dont <b>need</b> to buy stuff.. Or even have physical objects.

You can make your own - Which is always a brilliant option to take. The time, energy and effort that goes into making the object inevitably results in something that's more personal and 'powerful' for you.

In the same way, keep in mind that a lot of the time the objects are simply there to give you something to focus on. A candle, in itself, has no intrinsic.. 'power'. It's you focusing on the candle, and believing that it does, that gives it its power. Hope that makes sense :).

Elem
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Materials?

Post by SpiritTalker »

... what do you need and dont need to have in your supply closet? i personally have: candles, incense, cauldron, books, and other supplies, but what do you see as a needing necessity’s, or material, and what do you have that you recommend.

Most used -
. Books - correspondence reference guide, prayers & chants of choice
. Candles - white tea light, 6” taper & assorted colors holders; 4 colors birthday candles
. Incense - Frankincense and Cinnamon incense-coated matches
. Oils - Frankincense & Myrrh, cinnamon, mint & olive
. Herbs - basil, rosemary, thyme; cinnamon
. Lourdes holy water
. Crystals - clear quartz palm stone, points, tumbled assortment
. red string
. recycled baby food jars
. Cauldron, 1 quart
. folding chair, travel-mug of coffee & flashlight for outdoor sky watching
. plain notebook & 5-colors ink pens
. 3” sticky notes for petitions & sigils

Return to “For Everyone”