I think I had an experience with Pan and could use some advice!!!!

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
ArtemisiaTaelor

Re: I think I had an experience with Pan and could use some advice!!!!

Post by ArtemisiaTaelor »

Corbin wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:41 am From experience - It the form felt 'primal' and had a 'gravity' (can't think of a better word to describe it) it would seem likely the horned God.

If you summoned divine energies into a protected circle, you invited him in. Certainly if you cried 'Io evohe' which was an estatics cry to Dionysus / bacchas in his ancient rites.

An intruder? Unless you were clouded by a negative outlook or emotional malaise when entering into your 'workings' then it's unlikely to be an intruder of this type.

Its quite a blessing to meet the horned God. What purpose he had you have yet to discover or develop - a door has been left ajar for you - yet I would imagine it has little to do with the minutia of your actions and everything to do with the foundation and the sentiment... Or you tapped into something primal.

You are not beneath his attention - no-one is, his blood is our blood - whether you are able to channel the higher aspects of his primal energies or fall to the lower (as all deities have high and low aspects) is something you must come to terms with.

Our relationships with deities are not unlike our relationships with people and the dynamics of the relationships you seek are often the ones you find (even if defined subconsciously).

-----
... Then suddenly the Mole felt a great Awe fall upon him, an awe that turned his muscles to water, bowed his head, and rooted his feet to the ground. It was no panic terror—indeed he felt wonderfully at peace and happy—but it was an awe that smote and held him and, without seeing, he knew it could only mean that some august Presence was very, very near. With difficulty he turned to look for his friend, and saw him at his side, cowed, stricken, and trembling violently. And still there was utter silence in the populous bird-haunted branches around them; and still the light grew and grew.

Perhaps he would never have dared to raise his eyes, but that, though the piping was now hushed, the call and the summons seemed still dominant and imperious. He might not refuse, were Death himself waiting to strike him instantly, once he had looked with mortal eye on things rightly kept hidden. Trembling he obeyed, and raised his humble head; and then, in that utter clearness of the imminent dawn, while Nature, flushed with fulness of incredible colour, seemed to hold her breath for the event, he looked in the very eyes of the Friend and Helper; saw the backward sweep of the curved horns, gleaming in the growing daylight; saw the stern, hooked nose between the kindly eyes that were looking down on them humorously, while the bearded mouth broke into a half-smile at the corners; saw the rippling muscles on the arm that lay across the broad chest, the long supple hand still holding the pan-pipes only just fallen away from the parted lips; saw the splendid curves of the shaggy limbs disposed in majestic ease on the sward; saw, last of all, nestling between his very hooves, sleeping soundly in entire peace and contentment, the little, round, podgy, childish form of the baby otter. All this he saw, for one moment breathless and intense, vivid on the morning sky; and still, as he looked, he lived; and still, as he lived, he wondered.

"Rat!" he found breath to whisper, shaking. "Are you afraid?"

"Afraid?" murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love. "Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet—and yet—O, Mole, I am afraid!"

Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.

Sudden and magnificent, the sun's broad golden disc showed itself over the horizon facing them; and the first rays, shooting across the level water-meadows, took the animals full in the eyes and dazzled them. When they were able to look once more, the Vision had vanished, and the air was full of the carol of birds that hailed the dawn.

As they stared blankly, in dumb misery deepening as they slowly realised all they had seen and all they had lost, a capricious little breeze, dancing up from the surface of the water, tossed the aspens, shook the dewy roses, and blew lightly and caressingly in their faces; and with its soft touch came instant oblivion. For this is the last best gift that the kindly demi-god is careful to bestow on those to whom he has revealed himself in their helping: the gift of forgetfulness. Lest the awful remembrance should remain and grow, and overshadow mirth and pleasure, and the great haunting memory should spoil all the after-lives of little animals helped out of difficulties, in order that they should be happy and light-hearted as before.

- Piper at the gates of dawn (wind in the willows)
I love love love this post— thank you. I’m still trying to figure out what aspect of the Horned God this was but I absolutely think you’re right. I have a lot of exploring to do, but I feel like I’m in good hands. Thank you for your beautiful words (and for motivating me to read the Wind in the Willows!)
ArtemisiaTaelor

Post by ArtemisiaTaelor »

SpiritTalker wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:08 pm Artemisia, I also have had a Pan-encounter with very powerful, non-threatening, non-aggressive Life Presence. I’d invited him and got more than expected. Prior to that I’d had no concept of the reality of “essential vital force”. Something to remember...😂. Definitely not a negative being, but certainly a powerful one, as is right. And scared the spit out of me in the moment. That’s not a bad thing.
YUP— right on the nose to what I felt! It was a very eye opening experience, and an excellent reminder that not all deities are gentle and “distant”. It’s very reassuring hearing that this is not an unusual happenstance when calling upon aspects of the Horned God :) Thank you for sharing.
Blessed be!
Sabriyyah

Post by Sabriyyah »

ArtemisiaTaelor wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:04 pm Thanks for sharing your experiences with Pan and Woden! It’s definitely reassuring that other people have had similar experiences with “intense” deities— I don’t want to chicken out if a god comes a-calling lol. Cheers!
You're welcome, reading about your experience reassured me too that others feel this sort of thing as well! :D
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

ArtemisiaTaelor wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:32 pmI’ve never really had a connection to the God aspect of deity, and I’m nearly sure it WAS Pan or Cernunnos finally coming through after all these years, but I’m also a bit worried that it could have been an unwelcome negative entity. What do you all think? Has anyone else had an experience like this?
From time to time I grow to a conclusion that the problem with this world is that people are heavily possessed by whatever predatory entities via astral.

Then I do exorcist prayers for the whole world. Then I see some malevolent entities getting back at me. Then I fight back but always re-evaluate the code of conduct. Then I just pray for exorcism of such from me and those who influence my life. Cleverly rephrased as it might as well be concluded that the whole society influences me. But such rephrasing leaves it open for powers to decide how much to interfere.

I wonder how much do we miss to evolve into a confidence of cleansing such in synergy, with power and trust to get things done since as a community of witches (not only on this site) world-wide we are striving for pretty much the same - common sense of goodwill for the human race ?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

A pleasure.

With the deities that arise, I have found it pays to research them, their stories, their miens and their purview, their poetry and art - both old and modern - and try to tap into their aspect and their energy.

Meanwhile the watched, watches. Force finds form. Like Intuition, once the quiet voice realises it is being sought and heard, it speaks up.

What we can know from researching deities is like their masks - but brushing at the patena, you can reach things that are both originative and vital enough to have continuity - like the oral tradition; a story that changes over time but still holds a thread that can lead to its source and an understanding that surpasses knowledge - that of experience.

Be blessed x

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”