Please share experience with working with Hecate?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

I've always been able to predict deaths, seen black dog before one.

Idk if this says anything, I also found a ton of skeleton keys that don't go to anything. (May or may not be a help at all)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Please share experience with working with Hecate?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Were you seeking to connect with a God-form at the time?
Do you know how the symbolism meshes with Hekate, why a dog, or a key is symbolic to her in particular?
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

I understand that the key depicts the underworld, dogs are her messengers?

Please let me know if you have any knowledge to share

https://www.google.com/amp/s/archetypic ... mbols/amp/
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

Well, I bought a book. I feel like I was being called by it. Probably thinking, "oh, another person who bought a book...." jk

I feel like I'm being pulled. The book's called, "keeper of the keys" it's a workbook/ guide to help establish witchcraft.

This link talks about the key, and the dog. A black dog came to me and warned me of an upcoming death

https://www.google.com/amp/s/archetypic ... mbols/amp/
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Ok so you’d felt the pull and then the symbols confirmed it.
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

Everything showed up randomly, but was honestly always there.

Im trying to figure things out. Only recently have I really been shown or "pulled". I saw the book online, no reason to buy it, but I did. I read the first, "lession", and kinda went, "oh, crap. How do I go about this?"

So now, I'm kinda at a crossroads. And no one to really guide me.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Observantcat wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:19 pm So now, I'm kinda at a crossroads.
LoL, please tell me you did that on purpose :surprisedwitch: :fairy:

I my self do not work with this Goddess much, but every time I hit a crossroad (on the trail) I stop to think what my choices in life have been and what might I learn if I were to take another path. It can be hard because one wishes to take the road they are familiar with, it's easier. Who knows what might happen if you were to suddenly take a left turn instead of a right?? It's a risk and a leap of faith.
You might want to check out this video with Jean Shinoda Bolen. I haven't finished it but she is a well known and respected author. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOTIpcE5J1Aor.

BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

*Firebirdflys*

Kinda, as a joke. But, I am at a crossroads.

I'd share, but let's say, life's been a long journey, and the only path infront of me is too hidden in the fog. But whether or less, I'm being pushed forward.

My old self has fallen away, and now, I don't know where to start.

I've had a pull for a long time. Just now the pieces are together, I think
I can see something that came out of the ashes, but not sure what yet.

First random visions of the future and past.

Hearing whispers, but nothing understandable. Like hearing a loud tv through a while. You can here talking, but you can't understand.

Seeing the dead, especially dead animals/pets.

Predicting someone's path and future, warning them, (multiple occasions)

Divination, clairvoyance, and I'm sure other times I can't remember.

I remember seeing a black dog, came in my bathroom, to gives it's apologies and sympathy for a death in the future. (That one was weird).

Tons of skeleton keys in my childhood home, with no use for them.

What would I do for a talking, kind, loving companion. (I technically have one, my fur baby, lol but they don't talk back to me. Lol - not in anything other than their native tongue.)
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

She is in the grey area. Her dark aspects are emphasized but she is a lot easier to work with than people make it out to seem. She can be dark, however, she is the torch bearer who lights the way in the darkness.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

https://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Portals-De ... oks&sr=1-7

Pagan Portals- Hekate, a Devotional
Crazy Cat Lady

Post by Crazy Cat Lady »

Hecate is my Goddess. I wouldn't say that I 'work with her' exactly, or worship her, really either. A lot of people seem to focus on the "dark" aspects of her- associations with death and spirits and the underworld. She also has many more practical aspects. She is a fierce protector. She is independent and fearless. She makes me think of the no-nonsense-nurse archetype. She cares for the old, ill, and dying as well as pregnant women and their babies. She looks out for the poor, the homeless, the oppressed. Strays and wild animals. She is a social justice warrior in the best sense of the word. She is a bad bish and will throw hands if you mess with her babies.

I was wandering the internet one day, minding my business, when I came across a casual mention of her, which had happened before, but this time I felt an electric zing to my soul that made me pay attention. So I did some research on her. The more I read, the more i liked her and the more sure i was that she had just introduced herself to me. I had already found myself being drawn to things that turned out to be associated with her.

My (adult) daughter had just been diagnosed with a severe case of PID that was so out of control that her entire abdominal cavity was involved. At this initial 'meeting' with Hecate I wasn't sure *why* she had introduced herself but had a sense that I would know shortly. A few days afterward, my daughter's abdominal pain suddenly increased greatly. We took her back to the doctor. Now, they had done a pregnancy test only a few days before which was negative and she was on (and adhering to) pelvic rest so when the doctor wanted to give her a ct scan because he suspected appendicitis we all agreed that the required pregnancy test was a formality and she was off to the scanner before the result were back. Um, yup, she's pregnant, lol. High risk because of the infections (and yes, she also had appendicitis now) and has to immediately stop the antibiotics for the PID because they cause miscarriage. Buuuut she was on them just long enough to clear the infection *and* discovered the pregnancy in time to save the baby. Hecate's presence was strong for the next few months while the pregnancy was still delicate and then backed off when things calmed down. Myself, my husband, and my daughter all had moments of strong 'messages' during this time directing us this way or that, all of which checked out as being in the best interest of my daughter and grandbaby. Some people talk about hearing a voice or having a vision, but for us it was more like suddenly knowing a thing we didn't know a minute before. For example, my daughter had always wanted to give birth at home, but felt a strong need to have this *particular* baby in a hospital. Near the birth Hecate again started showing a strong presence and giving us direction. Again, we had a heads-up just before things got dicey. We also had a very confused NICU doctor who couldn't explain why he felt compelled to repeat a test that had already come up negative, but he suddenly did feel compelled to do so, and the timing saved my grandbaby's life. Back to my daughter feeling the need for a hospital birth- the baby was in the NICU in the first place because a few hours after her birth she developed a sudden, severe, unpredictable lung complication. The test the doctor repeated was for a bacteria, which my daughter and grandbaby had already both tested negative for, that affects the lungs. The second test *just barely* came back positive. If he had trusted the first test no one would have known about the infection until she showed symptoms-to late for my grandbaby.

I have only ever prayed to Hecate when there was urgent need of her healing and protection. I have a little shrine set up in my kitchen window sill which is just a small plant in a glass bowl with some seashells, dirt, and a small found feather tucked into the stand- representing her association as a triple Goddess of earth, air, and sea. I have a fantasy of eventually accumulating enough purple clothes and accessories to always have a bit of purple on me. I like the idea of volunteering at an animal shelter or wildlife rehabilitation program at some point but it hasn't been feasible yet, so I put out some food for the little skunk that comes around sometimes and I put out seeds for the birds and squirrels. Hecate isn't into big displays of worship, she prefers for her followers to join her in her work. Dont need to pray to her daily, she's got sh*t to do. Call her if you need her, otherwise stay out of her way, lol. Though mostly she'll show up before you know you need her. She's a very practical deity ;)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

That is a really confirming story CatLady, thanks so much for sharing. Hope daughter and child....and you, are doing well now.

You did mention an electrical zing, kind of feeling when you "knew" to look to this Goddess Hecate. That was a perfect way to describe being called to a deity, and the just "knowing" that came out of the blue.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Crazy Cat Lady

Post by Crazy Cat Lady »

Hi! Havent been on in a while, weve been crazy busy! Yes, my daughter and granddaughter are doing fantastic, in fact i now also have a new grandson too! The grandbabies are absolutely feral, just how we like, lol.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”