Making pendulum using polymer clay?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Binglian

Making pendulum using polymer clay?

Post by Binglian »

I always want to have a pendulum on hand as I used to love it. Would it be okay for me to make pendulum using clay? Does it have the same effect or is it only exclusive to crystals and stones?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Making pendulum using polymer clay?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Pendulums are made of all sorts of materials ... any metal, wood, stones; & impromptu like a needle on a thread, a ring on a string, or any weighted "bob" suspended that has freedom of motion. Experimenting with polymer clay would be interesting. Some pendulums used for dowsing are hollow, or called chambered. Whatever you fill them with then guides the search results. Other pendulums are spiral shaped or segmented. Each shape is related to some special use or another. The material it's made of, the shape of the bob & length of the chain or cord all have uses.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I second what Spirit said. Besides, it's always a good idea to make your own tools as you build a better connection with them.
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Thank you YanaKhan and SpiritTalker for your suggestions. Thats really cool! I never even know that pendulum can be hollowed. I would definitely start making my own pendulum from now on! I do think it's more personal than the store bought one.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I've seen some pretty cool pieces made with polymer clay and crystals or other stones.
You could make your own with embellishments like symbols or motifs like leaves or acorns for a extra special pendulum.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Omg, Firebirdflys, that's such a great idea! I never thought of curving symbols or motifs into my pendulum. That would be so cool to have several pendulums for different purposes! Thank you!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You're welcome! However I got to say Thanks to you!, because you've inspired me to break out the old box of polymer clays and play!
Here's a few things I made
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p286943
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

You are absolutely welcome! Those are amazing! They are so beautiful! I really like how detail they are! I don't think I could ever make something like that, but you definitely sparked the creative side of me! I really like how you can combine clay and other materials together!
barker

Post by barker »

Pendulums are precision and time... you could use anything the analytical mind can "see."

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”