Shadow work how to

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Shadow work how to

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

I've been wanting to explore my shadow self BUT I don't know where to start!

I have googled but haven't found much on WHAT to do, just a bunch of 'pay this amount to find out how' kind of thing.

Any tips for getting started?
barker

Re: Shadow work how to

Post by barker »

The two sub-forms of "shadow" are an ugly monster and a black agressor. If you visualise them it is easy, because the 3rd eye doesn't judge colours or ugliness. Just observing, waiting, letting them be is plenty to get started.

Next, own your own shadow, as part of your own intrinsic makeup. A deep knowing part of you that CAN but DOES NOT HAVE TO, do certain things. Some of these things will be pleasant, some not. Ask yourself, "what would I do to this person?" Then take time to decide of you have got a better idea; usually you will.

Last, the key to the shadow is that it constitutes 90% of the Hero archetype, ie the self that survives God. That is because of it's deep knowings being purified (see above) and turned into magic. Have fun, barker.
tourennatrix

Post by tourennatrix »

I recommend checking out Jessi Huntenberg on YouTube. She's got a number of really great videos that cover this topic very well!
Ethereal Moon Rose

barker wrote:The two sub-forms of "shadow" are an ugly monster and a black agressor. If you visualise them it is easy, because the 3rd eye doesn't judge colours or ugliness. Just observing, waiting, letting them be is plenty to get started.

Next, own your own shadow, as part of your own intrinsic makeup. A deep knowing part of you that CAN but DOES NOT HAVE TO, do certain things. Some of these things will be pleasant, some not. Ask yourself, "what would I do to this person?" Then take time to decide of you have got a better idea; usually you will.

Last, the key to the shadow is that it constitutes 90% of the Hero archetype, ie the self that survives God. That is because of it's deep knowings being purified (see above) and turned into magic. Have fun, barker.

Thanks Barker, awesome advice x
Ethereal Moon Rose

tourennatrix wrote:I recommend checking out Jessi Huntenberg on YouTube. She's got a number of really great videos that cover this topic very well!
I will check her out, thanks x
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

There is an excellent thread here that the lovely Xiao started.
http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... 26966.html
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”