Indio products

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
Joshmartinez

Indio products

Post by Joshmartinez »

I’m sure we’ve all heard of them! They’re a big brand within the community, they make all kinds of oils, candles, and other spiritual items. I’d like to know everyone’s thoughts on Indio products. I’ve used their vigil candles and love them! But I always use my own oils and herbs to dress them. I personally can’t see how an oil that’s mass produced would have any kind of power to it even if you prayed over it. But another witch told me that it’s not so much the oil you use, but the intent that goes with it :? Thoughts/expericances?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Indio products

Post by SpiritTalker »

Just my own personal opinion - read their labels of ingredients. Perfumed oils often contain acetate & food coloring.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I had not heard of them, but a product they carry, Anna Rivas oils I have heard of. I don't use them as they are generally fragrance oils. But they have been popular in the pagan community for many years.
Glass encased candles have been a standard in our practice, and I get them at the grocery store, but they are made by a different company. One thing that makes me crazy about the glass encased candles is the fact they have shrank over the years (just like everything else) once upon a time they were called 7 day candles because once lit it took 7 days to burn out. One would be hard pressed to find one that lasts that long these days. It's unfortunate because some traditions like Buddhists, have a mourning period of 7-7days. It's all glass encased candles, not just the Indio co.
To address your post I would not use fragrance enhanced candles. Use plain then dress with your magical oils
So I really do not have an opinion on them since I don't use them. Went to look for their website and found it difficult to navigate. They do not have a product page. Or prices that I could find.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Joshmartinez

Post by Joshmartinez »

firebirdflys wrote:I had not heard of them, but a product they carry, Anna Rivas oils I have heard of. I don't use them as they are generally fragrance oils. But they have been popular in the pagan community for many years.
Glass encased candles have been a standard in our practice, and I get them at the grocery store, but they are made by a different company. One thing that makes me crazy about the glass encased candles is the fact they have shrank over the years (just like everything else) once upon a time they were called 7 day candles because once lit it took 7 days to burn out. One would be hard pressed to find one that lasts that long these days. It's unfortunate because some traditions like Buddhists, have a mourning period of 7-7days. It's all glass encased candles, not just the Indio co.
To address your post I would not use fragrance enhanced candles. Use plain then dress with your magical oils
So I really do not have an opinion on them since I don't use them. Went to look for their website and found it difficult to navigate. They do not have a product page. Or prices that I could find.
Bb, FF
I’ve heard of Ana riva products, but honestly I feel like putting your intention into something and making it is way better then buying something with someone else’s intent or no intent at all
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh yes definitely
Ones intention is key. However essential oils carry the energy of the plant their are made from. Fragrance oils do not.
Thats a good idea to re dress your candles with yourcown oils.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”