Demigods

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Tatentatotentatanum

Demigods

Post by Tatentatotentatanum »

Greetings all! For a while I have believed that I am a demigod specifically the true-born son of the goddess Venus. Some happenings in my circle have led me to doubt this as of late however. I have been told that to confirm that one is part divine the deity in question has to confirm. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would this confirmation come in the form of a gift? How does one know that a deity has confirmed something?
son of hermes trismegistus
corvidus

Re: Demigods

Post by corvidus »

It really doesn’t matter, IMO.

The point of incarnating as a Human is to learn the lessons associated with being Human.

We are all equally Divine, equally United, and equally Independent ;)

Again, just my opinion.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Tatentatotentatanum wrote:I have been told that to confirm that one is part divine the deity in question has to confirm.

This is true, and how the deity chooses to confirm this is entirely up to the deity in question. Most likely, there will be two deities, the mother and father, and they are not necessarily your patron or matron deities.

You may experience brief contact in dreams, where you will be listening to a man or woman teaching you wisdom for your coming test. This test will be the foundation of your strength, and it's not something that can be failed. It would be very unlikely to fail this, think of it more as a rite of passage.

This rite of passage is THE most important event, and if you experience it, will likely be the backbone of all your strengths and be a fascinating story.

This rite of passage is how you will be able to confirm who you truly are.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

We are all children of the Gods (infant gods in training). Those who have come to the attention and tutelage of a specific Deity could be considered an adopted child of that Deity. As Wiccans and Witches that is on our bucket list. :)
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

corvidus wrote:It really doesn’t matter, IMO.

The point of incarnating as a Human is to learn the lessons associated with being Human.

We are all equally Divine, equally United, and equally Independent ;)

Again, just my opinion.
I agree with this.

Sometimes gods reincarnate for other reasons though. Like Vishnu reincarnated 9 times to fight the evil asura. One of his many avatars is Buddha.

One has to discover their life path by themselves.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”