Finding magickal creatures

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Triskele

Finding magickal creatures

Post by Triskele »

I know many people here have had experiences seeing magickal creatures: Ie. Faeries, little people, etc.

I'm just a beginner witch with a strong desire to explore beyond the veil and see the unseen. Any tips on how to start to view/make contact with them? I'd really appreciate the help.
~Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Cackle maniacally and people back away from you slowly.~
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Finding magickal creatures

Post by SpiritTalker »

Some of my comments in your other inquiry apply here as well, so I'll summarize with "Wanting to explore can cause friction. Be willing to want to be invited." We have no right to trespass in their realm & they can sense our attitudes like stink on a skunk.

Hanging shiny baubles in bushes or trees seems to bring pleasure. Small offerings disappear regularly. Yeh, it could be a clepto squirrel with an eye for whimsies... But even squirrels speak English. Food & water is also a friendly gesture. Something will eventually eat it. Dorritos pieces go fast. Sweets are a banquet. To engage an introduction I'd hung a sun catcher where it caught the light. I'd hung 5 tin St Francis medals randomly on the chain link fence to promote kindly energies ... Not tied with string but wired ... & they lasted a week. Shrug. The wildlife protection charm has not been bothered in 20 years.

Other friendly gestures that you can make are verbally appreciating the scents around & about on the air. Just an "mmm,that's nice" or admiring the symmetry of a flower or leafy branch. Letting Nature know the effort is appreciated. Yard work has to be done & a courteous word of warning if you have to disturb something may be appreciated - a clump of leaves could be something's home. Do not carry iron or any magnetized items as they disrupt the area's energies.

As mentioned elsewhere I only see what they want me to see when they want it to be seen. They do something (or dont) because it pleases them to do it. Observing the Elements in nature is what opened the door, so to speak. I wasn't seeking wee folk at all. My interest in elements was responded to by nature spirits in my yard & another that frankly I don't know what they're called - maybe Brownies? He's different in appearance from the Gnome. But anyhow, it was my study of the elements within nature & desire to experience the elements that opened the door.
Astro Logical 1

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

Why not try making little fairy houses and stuff. Build them a little town in the woods, see what happens
Love and Blessings
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

That can be fun. Back in my college days I had a job as a camp counselor & keeping 6-7 year-olds entertained included Christmas in July & building fairy houses on the beach. Alas a Gnome would be too tall for the little bungalows. I think Gentlelamb knows about the small one's so maybe she'll comment.
Triskele

Post by Triskele »

SpiritTalker, once again some great suggestions. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to what surely must seem silly beginner questions. I am indeed very open to the "new world." I know it can be hard to trust a human with enthusiasm, but I'll continue with the hope (and frustration) of being invited.

Astro, it's worth a try! I'm all for that.

Do you think I'll have any luck in the suburbs (where I live) or do you think it is too "busy" for them to come? :-(
Astro Logical 1

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

I'm not sure. Where I live it's said that they congregate in an area about 100km south of me. I was going to do a summer road trip and have a look around.
I personally have the gut feeling that what is real is a bit different than what we see depicted in lore, but not by too much. Look, we have leading physicists now openly talking about parallel universes and that it's more likely that this isn't the only one, so I'm pretty inclined to want to find out what the truth is.
Everything is about intentions, so I'm thinking it's not so much what you use to say Hello, it's more that you do.
My guess is that places that make you feel good would make them feel good. Backyard is a great start because it's your controlled environment. Then parks, places with water, lots of tree and brush cover. Have fun with it. Leave symbols maybe?

Maybe try leaving small pieces of silver and gold. Crystals, tiny papers with sigils?
Love and Blessings
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I live 2 blocks from a major inner-city freeway and it's not too busy.
Triskele

Post by Triskele »

Intentions mean a lot, I'm sure.

Good to know it may not be too busy!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

There is no place that Nature isn't. Whether it wishes to chat is optional. :)

How are you at sensing empathically of your surroundings? What are some Presences in daily life you that you meet every day? What are some energy changes you already relate to? My point is just that the same empathy senses can work for sensing the presence of Fae, or of ghosts etc. So you already have the built-in sensors & just want to be more aware of them & flex them like muscles.
Zeta_Star

Post by Zeta_Star »

I've only encountered light orbs in my time on this earth. I'm not sure what caused them to appear before me but whenever they did I was in a very good mood. I've heard others say these are fairies but I'm not too sure. Either way maybe being stress free invites these magical creatures into your life?
barker

Post by barker »

I inspected my garden, lo and behold... they were there! So I blessed with them.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”