Tarot spread - Would anyone like to interpret. See last post

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
intheflatfield

Tarot spread - Would anyone like to interpret. See last post

Post by intheflatfield »

Hi All,

I am very new to Tarot and have been studying witchcraft for a number of months now.

Basically, I am looking for a small Tarot spread and good way to angle my question that relates to something I am worried about. The worry comes from possible harm I could receive from a person despite being told by many that I have nothing to worry about. I would also like a suggestion on a Tarot spread to help me look into this situation.

Thanks in advance.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Tarot spread and protection spell needed.

Post by SpiritTalker »

The simplest is a 3-card, left-to-right line for past influence, present situation, future awareness. Word your inquiry somewhat vaguely as "what should I know about X to protect myself?" then interpret the cards as replies to that question within the position they occupy.

Your post title mentioned a protection spell. Good gad there's thousands. Method is totally flexible. Consider what you've got on-hand to work with. Get your intention clear in your gut. Yes, gut-feeling, not just head space. For simplicity you should be able to adapt a candle. And you can charge any piece of daily-worn jewelry along with it. Setting your intent in any item is the same procedure. Keep in mind that a piece of jewelry isn't a Kevlon vest & can't stand up & "protect" anything. When bespelled it holds the intention of protection. What it will do is alert the mind of the wearer to potential harm so they can take simple steps to protect themselves. If you believe in a guardian spirit then request their assistance to "ride shot gun" for you.

Instructions for a lengthy list of spells that can be adapted to any need are here:
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 36682.html
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

Thanks so much. That was really helped me and given much food for thought. I have spent days worrying about things and need to do something to ease my worry.
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

I actually still need to the tarot reading but i'm worried something I don't want appear will come out in the reading. I may do it later and put the cards I pull on here so you guys can give me your thoughts on them - If you don't mind that is?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Obviously your gut feeling is alerting you or you wouldn't be concerned. So you could give yourself more confidence by looking at the options you have in the situation. What real life things can you reasonably do to protect yourself? Set up a chain of auto alerts on your phone with others. Find ways to give you some control. Alert others on-site to your concerns and the reasons for them. Tell others what you know that is creeping you out. Make them aware so you aren't ever alone with the particular person.
barker

Post by barker »

These situations are karmic, it has happened to me as well. Look within yourself.

External solutions like locking the door and promising a reply to the person will work. But there is something of you within all of that, and you have time... One's lessons banish all forms evil.
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

SpiritTalker wrote:Obviously your gut feeling is alerting you or you wouldn't be concerned. So you could give yourself more confidence by looking at the options you have in the situation. What real life things can you reasonably do to protect yourself? Set up a chain of auto alerts on your phone with others. Find ways to give you some control. Alert others on-site to your concerns and the reasons for them. Tell others what you know that is creeping you out. Make them aware so you aren't ever alone with the particular person.
Thanks some great suggestions there.
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

barker wrote:These situations are karmic, it has happened to me as well. Look within yourself.

External solutions like locking the door and promising a reply to the person will work. But there is something of you within all of that, and you have time... One's lessons banish all forms evil.
Thanks. Unfortunately the issue was nothing to do with me but I got blamed for it and it is hard to accept.
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

Well, I finally did the reading relating to my worries and it was my first ever reading.

I pulled the following three cards:
Past - The Empress
Present - Three of swords
Future - Eight of swords.

The present and future cards resonated hugely with me and in relation to the question. However the past card I can't seem to fathom in relation to all the problem and how it started. Would anyone mind maybe giving me their interpretation? I used the gilded tarot deck by the way.
intheflatfield

Re: Tarot spread - Would anyone like to interpret. See last

Post by intheflatfield »

I guess not lol. I'm still thinking on this spread myself and still stuck on the relevance of the first card.
LC

Post by LC »

Do you also read a card in reverse?

The empress represents abundance (besides creativity): you had everything to make a comfortable life.

Then came three of swords: being hurt my words, actions, or intentions. Also that it’s a good time to let emotions go and have a good cry.

Eight of swords: there will be action but remember action can be constructive or destructive.

Does this help?
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

LC wrote:Do you also read a card in reverse?

The empress represents abundance (besides creativity): you had everything to make a comfortable life.

Then came three of swords: being hurt my words, actions, or intentions. Also that it’s a good time to let emotions go and have a good cry.

Eight of swords: there will be action but remember action can be constructive or destructive.

Does this help?
It does indeed. I choose from the start not to read in reverse and funnily enough, these cards all came out upright. Thank you for your thoughts on this as it really does shed another perspective on things and are ones I can relate to.
LC

Post by LC »

No problem! I don’t read reverse. My go to deck pretty much lets me know without having to
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”