Spell Help for Independence

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
missbelladonna

Spell Help for Independence

Post by missbelladonna »

Hi everyone!

I know I've complained about my overbearing mother on here before. I love her to death, but she constantly insists that I'm just a kid and I don't know anything (I also loved it when she told me that she doesn't think I'm ready for a relationship because I don't know what love means). Anyways, I'm eighteen, almost nineteen years old. I totally agree that I don't know everything, but I feel like there are certain things I should know by now that she's not helping me figure out. For example, I still don't know how to drive. She insists on teaching me, but she's not consistent about it.

I also think she refuses to acknowledge that I'm an adult now. She says I don't know anything about real life and I'm too immature to live on my own, but I'm in college and I have a job.

I don't know, feel free to tell me I'm baby if I'm being ridiculous and I actually don't know anything.

I was thinking about some spells that may help me with this? I thought about the symbolism of cutting a chord, but that's as far as I've gotten. Do you guys have any ideas?
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Spell Help for Independence

Post by SnowCat »

Sign up for professional driving lessons. Pay for them yourself, tell your mom that this is what you're doing. Steps like that will do more than any spell.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes!, what Snow said, though you may want to do a spell, to support yourself through this process, to stay strong and to prevent your mothers negativity from creeping in.
On one level she may be struggling with you getting older and closer to move out day, and this looks like her way to control that to a degree.
You are very wise to realize you have much left to learn, I thought I knew it all at 15, and moved out on my 18th birthday. Sheeze what a mistake...but that's a lifetime ago.
Best wishes in your quest!
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
missbelladonna

Post by missbelladonna »

Thanks everyone! I actually never realized I could get driving lessons from a teacher. I'll definitely look into it :)
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

I'm not as experienced in spells as most of the people on here, but I DO know about overbearing mothers. I'm twenty, employed, preparing for collage courses and married, but my mother still thinks that i cant think or reason for my self. Its like everything i do is just a phase and she's just waiting for me to fall apart and run home. IT's been like that my whole life really. But I've found that over time, the more confidence i gained in myself the more it didn't matter to me. I had to do a lot of things on my own and teach myself how to do i things i wanted or find outside assistance. It was difficult and sometimes i did screw up a lot. I'm still screwing up and still learning, but i can proudly say that i everything i have i earned, and I've been lucky to have some very supportive friends to help me out. I don't know if i'm helpful, but i'm always willing to lend an ear. (wow that's more of a paragraph then I intended - Sorry!)
"I went on a journey to fill the empty spaces inside me, I found the bits of my soul in my friends and enemies."
missbelladonna

Post by missbelladonna »

Thanks Kayla! I'm glad other people's mother's are like that too lol. Sometimes I feel like there's something wrong with me, but other people assure me that mothers can be like that.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

missbelladonna wrote:Thanks Kayla! I'm glad other people's mother's are like that too lol. Sometimes I feel like there's something wrong with me, but other people assure me that mothers can be like that.
I definitely know how feeling. I still feel like there is something wrong with me sometimes. Luckily I know good people who tell me otherwise.
"I went on a journey to fill the empty spaces inside me, I found the bits of my soul in my friends and enemies."
missbelladonna

Post by missbelladonna »

Hi everyone! I think you will all be proud of me when I tell you that I've scheduled my driving test! It's not until January, but at least I have some idea of when I'll accomplish my goal. I'm also flying through school. Independence is coming!!!
LC

Post by LC »

That's great missbelladonna!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
barker

Post by barker »

Independence is the choice to be yourself. 18+
Everything is allowed, just be careful with who you chose to love.

When I was 19 taught myself how to analyse. Questions like, "what bugs me about this scenario?" and "who do i know, knows better here?" Thinking for yourself is indeed key to good sense. Have fun. smiley_dance
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's huge, kudos to you :fairy:
We'll be crossing our fingers come January, :giftrune: keep us posted, I'm sure you'll do fine.
Bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
missbelladonna

Post by missbelladonna »

Okay guys, I know it's been months, but I literally went to take my test five times lol (one time my car broke down and I couldn't take it lol). Fourth time was the charm today, and I finally passed!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

4th time is a charm! LoL :fairy: Huzzah to you!
So where the first road trip going to be?
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
missbelladonna

Post by missbelladonna »

Thanks Firebird!

I'm still a little chicken to travel far, but once I get a car, I think driving myself to school and work will be just as gratifying!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think you'll find owning a car and driving wherever you want to go ,whenever, to be a reeeeeeealy satisfying and independent feeling.
...just don't lock your keys in the trunk like I did on my first big long trip after graduating High School, which was like 900 miles. Thankfully on the first leg of the trip, my parents were to meet me as they were vacationing too and they had an extra key. :oops:
What a bone head move...got to destination, got drink out of ice chest in trunk, put keys on lid of ice chest, finished drink, then Slam! shut the trunk while saying OOOOooo S***!...course I saw them as trunk slammed down :o
Boy did I keep tabs for the rest of my journey and have only done that one other time (which was actually recently...that was expensive) :oops:
bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”