Questions about love spells

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Wiccita

Questions about love spells

Post by Wiccita »

Hello wonderful wise Wiccan folk! This is my very first post here, i’ll Try hard to make sure I’m following the rules.

I tried my very first spell (a WHITE MAGIC love spell) but have MANY questions. I’ve read on some other forums where people have asked how to know if the spell is is working and everyone has said , oh it is! No need to worry! But in other forums have said it may be necessary to repeat it if it doesn’t work. These seem contradictory! I’ve also seen people ask how long it will take for the spell to work and some responses say “immediately” while some say it may take a while. In case where there are obstacles, and the 2 people aren’t completely at liberty to just fall into each other’s arms, I’d expect it might take longer–would this be the case?

And the first time I tried the spell I felt like I wasn’t doing it right, (too many distractions) then couldn't get the fire going where the final step was to burn an object and then bury the ashes, so the object wasn’t fully burned and couldn't have it’s ashes buried as prescribed, so would that failed attempt screw things up when I did it (properly and completely) the 2nd time? Thank you very much for any input!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Questions about love spells

Post by SnowCat »

First of all, if you're doing a love spell directed at a specific person, it is an attempt to infringe on their free will. Most of us here don't recommend that. It's better tobdo a spell to attract love, and spells for clarity and judgement so that you can tell when things are working.
Daughter of Sekhmet
LC

Post by LC »

With spells it can be immediate or you have to wait some. Intent is important. You should keep reminding yourself it will work. Doubting it will take some of umph away. Intent is everything. I’ve heard some say that sometimes something may go wrong but if you keep on pushing the intent, it will still happen.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
Wiccita

Post by Wiccita »

Hi SnowCat. Thanks for responding. I did it directed to a specific person because that is the specific person that I desire. I had thought that was how it was usually done, but I see your point.

LC, thank you. I guess it requires much faith and conviction to not doubt the success of thecsoell. I will try hard to focus on the intent.

I’m still not sure what effect that first incomplete attempt would have tho. Would it strengthen it because it was performed, albeit not quite properly, or would it weaken it as it’s like asking the deities too many times for the same thing, or just making the intent too confusing?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

If you crowd the mental field with doubt then you deactivate the energy you'd put into it, so it fizzles out pfft. Spells are our thought-energy manipulating other energy. There may be some minor effect but it wont be as hoped for because you pulled the plug. If things within the spell itself aren't going smoothly then we should stop, rethink and start over with a clean slate, so to speak. Interruptions & distractions effect our ability to focus and the results suffer.

By the way, the reason things are burned in spells is to transform the thought of the thing (or what it stands for) into energy, so: Incomplete burn = incomplete thought form transformation = pfft.

The knack of magical working is knowing in your heart of hearts that it already worked & you keep your eyes open thereafter for the results, expecting they'll be in your path. Knowing is an altered state of consciousness. Knowing is the pizzazz, the zap in the spell.

There are standards in magic just as in all walks of life. Taking advantage of others is considered unethical in some cultures, but some people don't give a fig about ethical standards & just want what they want & see magic as a means to their end. Then they wonder why they themselves get taken advantage of by other people; never realizing they've set the train on the track by their own actions. What you send out will return in some form.

Rather than trying to control someone else's emotional attachment for a short time (it doesn't last) you could do an opportunity spell ( aka road opener) to open their eyes to you as a person that they want to get to know better, & if it matures into affection then it's real & likely to go someplace. You've not infringed on anyone's free will. The track Your train runs on won't circle back & bite you.

Honest affection between two people includes mutually infusing one another with the energy they most respond to for the balance they each need. Give & take. Opening the channels so the energy can flow between them is more efficient than forcing one's will to over ride another's.
Wiccita

Post by Wiccita »

Wow, thanks VERY much for so much helpful info! Interesting, I should look into spells of the other nature. I’ve been way too extremely busy the last week to look up anything new but I bet if I explore this site some more I’d find some such spells?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

You can find suggestions for many types of spells here. Drop by our intro section while you're looming, and tell us a bit about yourself.
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”