I have no idea why I dreamed this, please help me.

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
LookingForAnswers

I have no idea why I dreamed this, please help me.

Post by LookingForAnswers »

*Disclaimer: Parts of this dream were graphic, so I left them out.

I have no idea where to start, as a lot of things happened in this dream. Most of my dreams are like that. They're like a compilation of mini-dreams. They jump around a lot too. One minute I'll be fishing in a lake in a forest, the next I'll be running from something, and then I'll just randomly be fishing again. It makes recalling my dreams really difficult, so bare with me here.

Ok, this was a weird dream, please don't judge me, my dreams are always weird. I most vividly remember walking down a dirt road with Michal Jackson (Of all people), and he kissed my cheek (not sure why, I don't even find him attractive. He kind of creeps me out to be honest, that's why I'm confused as to why I had this dream). This part of the dream was viewed in third person.

We then ended up at a movie theater to watch a horror movie. The movie theater was completely covered in dark purple carpet. It had the raised up rows of seats like the ones in most theaters, but there were no seats on the rows. There were neon colored shag carpets on the raised rows, and random people were sitting on them. There was a bench at the back of the theater with the same purple carpet on it. That's where we sat. The horror movie was about a pregnant women who had a lot of awful things happen to her. (again, not mentioning it here, too graphic/scary, and it kind of scarred me. I hate my dreams) This part of the dream was in first person.

There was also a part where I yelled at my cousins and we got in argument. Not sure when or why that happened, but it did. There was also a part where a lady caught a bunch of mice to feed to her baby.

Overall, this dream was weird and it scarred me pretty badly. Does anyone know what causes random, gory dreams?
Live and let live

~Squid~
Tornadofire-Sylva

Re: I have no idea why I dreamed this, please help me.

Post by Tornadofire-Sylva »

I'm not even close to an expert when it comes to dreams, but I find that having dairy before bed makes them confusing and random (Example: Had large Dairy Queen cookie dough shake before bed, went on a quest through a portal in a bait and tackle shop/target combo to slay a giant white ogre who, when slain with my pencil spear, turned into a pile of massive ramen noodles). If I've had a stressful day, my dreams are incredibly violent. (Example: Had a pretty bad fight with my husband, lost my job, and found out I had a health issue all in one day, and I was a bounty hunter in my dream, bounty hunting away. With one knife. I took down a massive robot).

Maybe it's something like that?
“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill
LookingForAnswers

Post by LookingForAnswers »

Tornadofire-Sylva wrote:I'm not even close to an expert when it comes to dreams, but I find that having dairy before bed makes them confusing and random (Example: Had large Dairy Queen cookie dough shake before bed, went on a quest through a portal in a bait and tackle shop/target combo to slay a giant white ogre who, when slain with my pencil spear, turned into a pile of massive ramen noodles). If I've had a stressful day, my dreams are incredibly violent. (Example: Had a pretty bad fight with my husband, lost my job, and found out I had a health issue all in one day, and I was a bounty hunter in my dream, bounty hunting away. With one knife. I took down a massive robot).

Maybe it's something like that?
Man, I wish my dreams were interesting and epic like that! When I say graphic, I mean mortal kombat level graphic. I almost threw up because of how gory a dream I had a long time ago was. :anxious:
Live and let live

~Squid~
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I usually approach dream interpretations as every part of the dream represents the dreamer, something about their thoughts or feelings, or events touching their daily life. Dreams tell a story that way. And they often over exaggerate so that we won't miss the point.

So MJ creeps you out yet kissed you on the cheek. There's some inner conflict or something youre uncomfortable with, and it's whatever you decide MJ might symbolize. You look for what sorts of things it brings to mind.

Movie theater dreams are good places to observe what is bugging us. We can see what's creating discord larger than life on the big screen. And what does discord stand for & symbolize? Sometimes it's growth. Sometimes it's opportunity. Sometimes it's avoiding something we'd rather not acknowledge. In your other post you'd mentioned the god Pan who is great energy for upheaval & discovering those secret longings we have to deny ourselves because we're civilized. MJ certainly lived an untamed lifestyle of affluence & self indulgence. Just saying.
LC

Post by LC »

My dreams are so random. Very rarely it’s the same subject through the night. Some times the goddess or a wolf visits my dreams. After this I wake up gasping, sitting up or some times I’ll wake up with a short scream. It’s not that’s scary but startling and I feel like I’ve been ripped away from it.

I don’t do dream interpretation because I am afraid of what it my show me.

There are tons of stuff out there that can help you.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

My own experience with dreams is that it can be guided by what is seen or perceived, but often the real clue is how you felt as it was happening.

Friend #1
He had a dream where he was walking in the forest park, and on the path was a big giant snake, multicolour but with a black head. While he was telling me about it, of course he was so animated and giving me very vivid descriptions. But after he ran out of steam, I asked him to walk me through the part of the dream again (he has mini-combination dreams too), and every single emotion he felt. turns out, he has been under major stress turning over his last month at work, so he dreamt of being in Nature, which he finds refuge and safety in. The multicolor snake represents his anxiety about his new job, and how he is so nervous having to think about it once he leaves his current job. While the snake is perceived to be a threat in the dream, he actually manages to walk around it while it was hissing with fangs spitting. When he turned back, the snake had become a green bird-like creature.

Friend #2
She dreamt that she killed someone with a block of ice, only then to have the murder weapon melt and disappear. She was almost in tears as she described the dream, as it was so gory - with head bashing and a lot of blood. Eventually, I tried to link it back to how she felt during the walkthrough of the dream, and was able to connect it to her deep illness which she has, a kind of cyst that had been growing and had been receiving treatment for via ultrasound blasting. The whole thing was a match because, she WANTED so badly for the cyst to disappear, it matched her aggression when she was in the act of killing, but was relieved and also at a loss of how to prove the murder happened because with the ultrasound procedure, it is virtually invisible, she could not tell if the treatment even happened. This is reflected in the ice that melted into nothingness.

My guess is that the mind connects the dream to some vivid /gory/exciting imagery so that you will be able to recall the emotions that are connected to it (and to your waking life). I mean nobody really dreams of having a quiet saturday afternoon sipping tea, scrolling instagram and feeling absolutely fine. It is always something inciting or exciting

So if you are having some dreams that seem a bit hard to decipher, be guided by the emotions you felt whilst in it. And then reflect on the emotions to see if they haave any resonance with waking life issues (anxieties, fears, expectations). Hope that helps!
Foxspirit

Post by Foxspirit »

I rarely as of late have had those kind of graphic dreams. Now that I think about it a bit more I have a theory on what could/might affect/influence your dreams.

I have done a lot of reading on the astral plane and this is supposedly where we go when we dream. The astral environment is adaptive and changing according to our emotional state. I am sure in such the case this might create any kind of horrific or angelic view. The other side of the coin I came across some posts of astral warriors encounter negative entities trying to influence or affect asleep persons in the dream state. Maybe some negative entity was trying to influence you or sap your energy.

Every night I go to bed I draw a white circle of protection around the house 3 times clockwise asking and thanking spirit for the protection. I do the same for my daughter's and around my wife and I.

In a side note. I noticed recently I seem to sleep better and deeper when I also turn off my Wi-Fi router overnight. I use organite to transmits the Wi-Fi energy when the router is on, but i still think turning it off at night helps you sleep.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”