What do you guys do for Self-Love

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
CaramelKitty

What do you guys do for Self-Love

Post by CaramelKitty »

What rituals do you guys do for self-love?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What do you guys do for Self-Love

Post by SpiritTalker »

To just feel good I enjoy a Full moon rite on a clear moonlit night or on other clear nights starlit sky contemplation. It puts everything into perspective. I haul a chair & cuppa coffee outside and hunker down.

Do you mean self-appreciation and encouraging rewards? Like a carrot on a stick, if I do This I will reward myself with That. Nothing outrageous or expensive. Just simple pleasures. No rituals required for simple living. I'm not a minimalist but I have parred down material ownership quite a bit. Sometimes a self-recognition reward is getting rid of accumulated attachments that do not serve a simple lifestyle.

Do you mean self-acceptance and self-confidence? I'd do a Thanks giving altar devotional for what I have in my life & what I've overcome getting from A to B.

Or I'll research & teach myself a new skill. The sense of accomplishment is wonderful. Again i keep the task simple; for example I set myself a goal of acquiring the hand-eye coordination and senses to cook a fried egg without smearing it or breaking the yolk, & learned when to turn off the flame & let the pan's retained heat finish the job. Voila - no more burnt scrambled fried eggs!
barker

Post by barker »

Separate this world from that. You love your own way on your own day. The egg is not the spoon - lust wants truth. It's evolution, baby...
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Heal someone, help someone. Hold a door open for somebody that needs it. Be a smile in the crowd of people who have facial expressions that would curdle milk on a cold day just to remind them joy exists. Be "in the moment". The past is gone. Can't change it. Learn from it. Get over it! Plan for the future but don't let that make you forget that "RIGHT NOW" is your life. The greats adventure and just rollicking good time you'll have --- IF YOU LIVE IT THAT WAY.

Don't forget brownies with double fudge chocolate ice cream.
CaramelKitty

Post by CaramelKitty »

@SpiritTalker, I do like the alter idea.
@Barker Seperate the world from that..wow I had to re-read yours a couple of times to somewhat interpret it in my on way-thnx lolll.
@PlaneWalker LOL @ faces that curdle milk. But you are right about the past being past.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Bubble bath loveface with candles, incense, etc...
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”