Ganesha

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
witchymoonchild

Ganesha

Post by witchymoonchild »

I'm new to wicca and the other night I asked the universe to send me a sign from a god/goddess that wanted to work with me on my new journey. I was expecting Diana because since I was a child, I've been drawn to the moon, but in my dream I was looking for a Ganesha statue. Could this be a sign from him? The interesting thing is, I never really knew anything about him. I knew he existed, but just as the cute elephant god that I saw sometimes in my life in like stores or on shows/movies, but I never knew what he was the god of or anything like that. I googled to see what he was about and it really fits (new beginnings and good fortune I'm going through some things that I could really use him for. It's a long story.) what I'm going through right now. I want to think it was him giving me a sign. Like I said, I'm new to this, so any help would be grateful.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Ganesha

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think you can trust your dream. As you've pointed out you had no foreknowledge to act as a suggestion and the info you've found fits reality. Using simple every-day logic to evaluate the dream-realm is appropriate. Tip: gods seldom do what we expect. May Ganesh bless you.
witchymoonchild

Thank you so much for replying! This helps me a lot. <333 :D
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Remember, Ganesha is the remover of obstacles, patron of Art, Science, and the Intellect. His father is Shiva {who has a Greater Aspect as the destroyer of evil and aiding transformations. His mother is Parvati {who has a Greater Aspect of assisting knowledge and learning}.

His Mantra is: Om Shri Ganesaya Namah. Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

Remember also, Some of us are ancient and may be able to point to info that could help. We're a chatty bunch. Sometimes it helps to talk about things. You often answer your own questions or see the direction of your path clearer just by giving things an ordered look. Best of luck with your journey and enjoy being on the forum.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

@PW what does the mantra mean in english?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I looked it up. It translates to "thought behind speech or action." I think it some cases a mantra is closer to a cliche.
Daughter of Sekhmet
witchymoonchild

ngl I'm worried about saying his mantra and I looked up other mantras for him, but I don't speak the language and I'm worried about messing them up and if he'll be like nah you good I got you, fam or if he'll be mad because I'm messing them up. I'm paranoid lol.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

They're pretty good about looking at the intent. They may chuckle a bit at the pronunciation, but it sounds like Ganesh has called you, so odds are that he wants to work with you.
Daughter of Sekhmet
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Those are English pronunciations. Just remember all A's are an English long A. Om is the only strange one. That is the first sound of universal creation. It is pronounced A-U-M. Three syllables, long A. I tried getting the Sanskrit and then Hindi originals in case you needed them but copy/paste just gives it in English. I'm assuming some kind of translator function in the operating program for alphabets. Maybe I'll try Cyrillac alphabet if I get around to having my son install the program I'd need to convert the keyboard. Hope that helps.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”