A possible misconception about dragons !

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
firefly43210
Banned Member

A possible misconception about dragons !

Post by firefly43210 »

Dragons are originally called daemons ( Des Morn ) . The faithful of the crown . In later ages the daemons being threatened , went below the plane of fire to hide . In time the invaders termed themselves demons while they are really called bascilas ( Bas Sil Las ) . In the elder tongue the dragons are still called daemons . The word dragon comes from (Des Gorn ) .

Des means the
Morn means the subject of a king of simply servent
Gorn means the King
Bas means children
Sil means sin
Las means your .
The Sword of Chamunda , Vairava .
firefly43210
Banned Member

Re: A possible misconception about dragons !

Post by firefly43210 »

The invaders are also called devil ( Des Billis )
Billis means the evil .
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Your post shows that you have a more traditional concept of dragon lore than the way it is referenced in non-trad, popular use. Would you share what you mean by the elder tongue?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I'm not sure my friend, Jim, would agree. He comes from Dragon stock.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

From what I know there are reptilian beings maligned with malevolence and self-service. These are some beings that we humans would call evil.

There are also those aligned with love and serving others. These beings are what we would call good. The Dragon King and Queen are both loving and light aligned in nature. There has been others that have tarnished the draconic morality and thus some very experienced people declare all naga or reptilian beings as evil.

This isnt true. There are some evil dragons. Not all.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Myself, I am a son of dragons. Its complicated. I have many parents.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm out of the loop on dragons. Is there a source you can suggest where I can find more info? All I'm aware of is on you tube which is two bricks short. :lol:
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Mythology is probably your best bet. I follow the Babylonian mythos on dragons personally. The king Bahamut is traditionally good and Tiamat his 5 headed sister is the mother of the chaotic or evil, just depending on how you view them. In Christianity, or more specifically Judaism, the highest orders of angels the seraphim and cherubim are sometimes described very similarly to dragons, or at least so I've heard. I haven't read the Torah myself and I've not read the entire old testament.

But really arguing over it is counter productive. I'm of a dragons soul and while I have a bent toward the chaotic side of magic by no means am I evil or is the magic I do evil. Magic itself is neutral as are beings, given free will. And while many would say the angels had none and that the dragons are demons fallen, for them to have fallen means a choice was made, alluding to them having free will.

Enough of my ramblings though. Apologies if I offend. But I felt a dragons view point warranted.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
firefly43210
Banned Member

Post by firefly43210 »

Dragons or the morn's are not really reptilians . Those are human . They have taken the shape , I know not why ! Maybe it is more suitable for hiding .
Though I understand that some of the morn's have succumbed to the evil side and became evil .
firefly43210
Banned Member

Post by firefly43210 »

Only a few of the daemons had fallen , and that also by defeat . The evil side took them by surprise . And made them succumb and pray allaigence using a tool of binding after application of torture . Many have heard about the chambers of torture belonging to the evil side . Those who were made captive were turned into slaves . Hopefully , the tool of binding is no more . Do not know for exact . All these handicap on me makes me very anxious .
firefly43210
Banned Member

Post by firefly43210 »

Another thing I notice , that , Gaia , is being given much importance .
While Gaia served a mighty purpose once among dragons , Gaia herself is evil , and should not be relied on .
firefly43210
Banned Member

Post by firefly43210 »

Gaia , AarWain ( Anant Naag ) , gave in to the evil side from the beginning , and became the companion of SorRon , the Devil .
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Where are you getting this from? Because by all means I could claim father sky is just as bad if not worse...

Just so you understand you are claiming a deity, that a large number of people worship, is evil. One who accepts the things that the father rejects as evil, or sinful at the very least, despite his penchant for extreme measures and vindictive ways.

Now specifically what mythos are you quoting?
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Hm. Im interested in where this is coming from as well.
firefly43210
Banned Member

Post by firefly43210 »

RyukaAscendant wrote:Where are you getting this from? Because by all means I could claim father sky is just as bad if not worse...

Just so you understand you are claiming a deity, that a large number of people worship, is evil. One who accepts the things that the father rejects as evil, or sinful at the very least, despite his penchant for extreme measures and vindictive ways.

Now specifically what mythos are you quoting?
Well if father rejects something as evil or sinful , it might be as well be sinful . Extreme measures are necessary to keep the Evil at bay . The resistance against the father is the reason of the rising of mafia and global moral degradation and destruction of the family structure . You answer your question yourself .

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”