How to make my room smell of a forest?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Pandemonium

How to make my room smell of a forest?

Post by Pandemonium »

Was unsure on where to post this!
I've just recently moved, my room is still a bit of a mess with unopened boxes. But I really want to plan everything really nicely so I feel at home. I've been wondering how to make it smell of a pine forest, because it's a smell that I've always adored.
I've thought of catching some pinecones but doubt it's enough. An essential oil perhaps? But where to put it? I only want natural diffusers, no fake stuff haha.
Any ideas? :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How to make my room smell of a forest?

Post by SpiritTalker »

If "no open flames allowed" applies then use an electric aromatherapy diffuser from a drug store, or an electric potpourri pot found at most hobby stores &'"box" chain stores. Id vote for the latter because you can "brew" with an electric "cauldron". If you have an area where you make coffee or tea, keep it there. Enjoy unpacking and rearranging 100 times.
Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium »

Thanks! I ended up buying a little pot with a liquid scent, where you put some sticks and it diffuses the scent (best description ever) but it smells of cinnamon. Should do the trick for a while :)
Unfortunately I found the pine smells always smelled of WC product cleaners and it underwhelmed me.
CloudedMoon

Post by CloudedMoon »

Can you grow small plants indoors?

Also, we used to have one huge white box in kindergarten, filled with tree branches, lots of (dry) moss, liquen, leaves, few rocks... I loved playing near it because I could always smell and touch that stuff. Once I can afford my own house, I'll definitely make similar box again just for the smell and calming effect. You could also try growing a small forest in similar type of box but it can get messy and would require you to water it often.
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

There is a dentist's office near where I live, and he uses a small amount of landscaping bark. Cheap and aromatic it can be used as a pretty affectation to a potted plant or just put in a pretty bowl with pine needles and cedar twigs. If you crush them it helps. Also, this time of year damp leaves are plentiful. When the scent goes away, just replace! Stick to whatever you find outside, after all, that's why it smells like 'outside'.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I like that T'a Nuk...CloudedMoon ...bringing in some freshly cut branches is the best air freshner, then it could be dried and maybe made into popori potpourri which can be mulled in one of those tiny crock pots that you can plug into the wall.
Get a largish container that you could put water in then recut branches and put them in water, that way they will last a bit longer or you could get a basket (or the box :) ) to put them in where they would dry naturally.
I burn the dry stuff on a coal, but that is more reminiscent of a forest fire depending on which sort of firs or pines youre using.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
AnneJoe

Post by AnneJoe »

Growing plants indoors is a good idea. Plants have the power to purify the air and refresh.
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

And they give good vibes. The beauty of being in the forest is being surrounded by life. Plants, plants, plants!
Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium »

AnneJoe wrote:Growing plants indoors is a good idea. Plants have the power to purify the air and refresh.
My dogs have feasted on a few so that point has gotten to a stall HAHA. I need a better place for them :P but yes I count on having tons of them!
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Grow indoor herbs like rosemary and sage, or get a diffuser and some herb or tree essential oils and defuse them. I love the smell of tea tree oil!

Rosie

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”