Identify Strange Wing?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Ophelia

Identify Strange Wing?

Post by Ophelia »

I just made a post about a very strange dream I had that was A) a strange dream, or B) something trying to get to me by shapeshifting into familiar figures and keeping me locked in a multilayer dream. As I finished writing that post, I ran my fingers through my hair and a wing fell out and fluttered onto my desk. At first I thought "ew, I have bug wings or leaves in my hair" I was at an outdoor event last night though, which would explain that. The wing is very pretty, so I've been trying to identify it. I checked out mosquitoes and fruit flies, none of them match. Bee wings are close, but this is too small and it's off season for bees. Does anyone here have any ideas about the wing? I attached 2 photos of it. Could it be fae? If so, any ideas as to why it may be in my hair? Perhaps contributed to the bad dream, or perhaps helped me wake up?

https://ibb.co/ddL9W5 - close up of the wing
https://ibb.co/cqtk4Q - wing with measurement
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: Identify Strange Wing?

Post by planewalker »

Don't know how far N,S,E,W you are but try Dragon Fly.
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Its very small ... damselfly or hawker (dragonfly) perhaps? Do you live near a lake or a river?
Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

I'm in Boston. it seems small for a dragon fly, no? we have them, but they were all adults last month and mostly gone now with the cooling weather.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Having been out in nature it could have been dropped anytime and could have been from a first molte.
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Besides degree of maturity, dragonflies, being a genralised term, also come in a variety shapes and sizes.

I will say the wings never seem to look the same on a dead dragonfly to a live dragonfly - they take on a shiney, "plasiticy" appearence - perhaps because they are no longer under tension?
planewalker
Banned Member

Post by planewalker »

One of nature's most profound lessons, even things that are the same are forever changing, everything is individual, and it is up to us to find the beauty and listen to the message.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”