First Circle casting

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
LC

First Circle casting

Post by LC »

I did my first circle last night. Other than bugs were flying around when I first started, I think it went well? I did a communion and an offering. I felt very at peace, but wasn't sure what else to do have the communion and offering. After I closed the circle about 5 mins later. I felt a pressure in my head and felt lightheaded. It only lasted a few minutes and then I felt drained. Did I do something wrong?
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: First Circle casting

Post by SpiritTalker »

Congratulations on your first.

When you raise energy to cast your circle, you can use the free energy of the earth (not your own) and serve as a conduit for it to pass thru. Lots of people think they have to use their own energy and that is draining.

When you are done, you ground the excess to avoid lightheaded-ness.

Communion is the heart of the ritual. That's what you came for if it's a religious observance. It is followed by a thanks giving offering. it's not solemn and silent unless that suits your mood. Make noise and enjoy it.

If the circle is for magic, do your spell and make offerings as guided.

Then you release what you called and disperse the circle.

If you'd want to view the "Getting Started " topic there is a guide for a Wiccan style circle cast, and a few other examples of rituals.

Wiccan solitary rituals don't take long. There's just you and Them. No long lines of communicants, no song singing unless you feel inspired. Dancing is optional. Circles are really very simple to do. Explaining it so all the steps are covered makes it seem complicated, but when you get a few under your belt, you'll get the flow and see it's natural and easy.

You clear & tidy up some space, draw a circle, and invite special friends. Use rules of good hospitality. Enjoy each other's company. Serve some snacks. See your guests to the door. Clean up. That's putting in into mundane reference.
LC

Post by LC »

Thank you! How do I draw on earth's energy? Do I focus on the energy moving through me?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

It's a meditation skill. Energy follows thought. This is from the "getting started" topic if you want more details. It is what I was given in a dream, back when I asked the very same question. I had only one book, Cunningham's "Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner" & no Internet, so I just asked my guide.

"Ground and center (these subjects are discussed separately). Imagine the spine's tap root pulling up Earth Light into your belly. Pull up on the soles of your feet by rocking on your heels, to physically reinforce the thought. Then imagine you pull Cosmic Light through the crown at the top of your head and down from the sky. Pull down by dropping your jaw to reinforce the thought. Breathe this light into your belly. Feel the energies pool, swirling together in the belly until it is boiling and ready to burst from the seams. Now-PUSH from the gut, pushing up from the belly and out your arm, through your extended Index & middle fingers. Look where you point to focus your thoughts on directing the flow of power. In order to be used, energy must be instructed in a few words to accomplish a desired goal. When it's raised but not used, you should ground it. This protects you from overload & gives it back to Mother Earth."

Grounding is key to tapping into endless earth energy. Channeling it is accomplished by thinking it. So, as you said, be aware of the source flowing through you, not from you. It doesn't have to be lightening bolts. A glimmer will do the job. And practice always make you better.
LC

Post by LC »

I know I will definitely have to practice this a lot. I always have trouble making my mind stop repeating. I have a type of OCD where the same thoughts just repeat over and over. It won't stop until I fall asleep and as soon as I wake up even just a little bit it starts again.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

We all have our quirks with whatever names science wants to give them. I'm so easily distracted it's laughable, & cant remember squat, yet i manage to get around my own issues and make a way that works by stripping things down to bare bones so there's less distractions. We're not stamped out from a mold. Your particular talent might be to use the natural repetition to your benefit.

I think I did about 100 circles all exactly alike until I had the system down pat. Then did another 100 or so to strengthen the ways that worked. Then maybe 50 different combos to experiment with what was working& ditched the rest. Then I finally "got it", and knew it. Then it was fun and not work. It's something like learning to drive a car. It won't take you anywhere until you start the engine and put it in the right gear to go the direction you need to go.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”