Just starting and conflicts with other religions

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
LC

Just starting and conflicts with other religions

Post by LC »

I have just started studying but I have been attracted to witchcraft for as long as I have known. I was raised in a Christian household where I still live. I have to hide my books or else facing severe consequences. I am wanting to do something for Mabon but I am not sure what I can do. I think I have a place outside I can go to, but I am not sure what to do. I really wish to start practicing, but not sure what to do about the parents and siblings.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Just starting and conflicts with other religions

Post by SpiritTalker »

Have a look at the Wicca and Witchcraft 101 section, specifically read the topic "getting started"; there are a few tips on closet practice and a tool-less circle cast.

As for Mabon, consider what it means to you, as you experience the seasons changing where you live. If that makes you feel anything in particular associated with the time of year, then cast a simple circle and express it. If you cant cast a circle, just draw one with a stick on the ground. Do what your present real level of ability is. Use the props that you can identify with the current season...leaves, fruit and nuts, dark bread, water in a bottle, would work in my area.

Don't try to imitate rites you've read until it has meaning to you. Always just work from your present moment of what you really feel, and share it. Give that feeling back to nature. That's all it takes.

You dont need to do anything about family but respect their space and differences while you quietly go about your own. It's a challenge. It's not your job to change them. It's not necessary. Just be who you are becoming quietly while in their presence. Don't do anything to damage your relationship. That means you find ops to work away from them so you can be yourself without tipping the boat over. Make it part of your routine to go for a walk, like to walk off your dinner. Nobody will notice. You have a right to your own beliefs, just as they do.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just starting and conflicts with other religions

Post by Firebird »

A few fall decorations are pretty inconspicuous, you'll know what they mean in your heart.
Yea, and a walk in the park, can you go alone?
In any case, ease into it. You have plenty of time and who knows maybe eventually through small tidbits (like the fall decor) your family might warm up to the idea when they find it isn't threatening.
Say ...next time you pop in could you please swing by the intro section and let us know a bit about yourself?.. T Y
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”