How To Get Closer To Nature

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
IndigoDoll59

How To Get Closer To Nature

Post by IndigoDoll59 »

Maybe it's because it's almost summer here in The United States, but lately I've been feeling more then ever to get closer to nature. I already spend some time outside, but it seems I want more. I would really love to have a garden but I don't have a place to garden or the time to garden. I volunteer at the local park, but often I'm too busy with college to volunteer. What can I do to get closer to nature despite my busy schedule.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How To Get Closer To Nature

Post by Firebird »

Can you arrange a camping trip?
Getting down a dirty for a weekend is a great way to connect.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
IndigoDoll59

Post by IndigoDoll59 »

I have two weeks in August which I could spend camping. Would be a great experience to camp.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

How about container gardening? Start small within manageable time allowances. Or a fairy garden in a container?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Small container gardening is a great idea ST.
I've seen folks using wooden pallets upright to save space, these are pretty cool too.
Here a little guide about camping Indigodoll, have you ever been camping?
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 34391.html
Bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Pallando

Post by Pallando »

BOOM--> http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 34482.html

Just yesterday, I harvested wild grapes, cut some grave vine wood, from a dead vine, for a new wand(Correspondence=Joy).

I also harvested a nice pile of wild mistletoe(all heal-Sacred herb of the Druids; one of the three ingredients in Medieval True Love Powder.)

Guerilla Gardening is SIMPLE; go outside and walk along on non-private property until you find something that you want to harvest. Then make a decision.... take it all, or take some and tend to the growth of what you leave.

Try this; set a goal of finding just one plant that you like, weather you recognize it or not doesn't matter. When you find it take some pics, and mark it on a map(I use google maps). Go home a research it. If its a keeper, go back and receive it as a gift from mother father god.

If you do this three times and you dont become EXTREMELY addicted..... just revert to ordering herbs off the internet, and focus on something besides gardening.

Ill post some grape and mistletoe pics in a min.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

The easiest way to get closer to nature is to spend time with her.

Do you have a well lit window?
Getting a few window plants is a great way to start. I have several kitchen herbs planted in mugs on my window.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Pallando

Post by Pallando »

Any time you find a wild thing growing... look around. there is likely more than one. If the conditions are right for one plant to survive wild, pretty much anything will spread a little. I actually found four separate mistletoe colonies. When I found it I KNEW i was looking at a parasitic herb, but I wasn't sure which one. Id never seen wild mistletoe. So I marked my map, took pics, and when I got home I researched..... WHALLA!! the real deal.

I KNEW the what the grapes were, so I waited for the grapes to be ripe and returned to harvest both.

Father Mother God rewarded my patience with a surprise gift if a couple hundred empty land snail shells. Weirdest thing... but I dont question these things anymore.

Ill post about the snails soon... and I have pics of them in the wild too;)

Pallando the Blue
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sorry to say, if there were that many, but the snails were likely the victims of poison :(
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Pallando

Post by Pallando »

That would have been my first guess...... but they were stuck to the side of trees, stems and tall grasses. And Ive collected them in seven different locations separated by many miles.
I believe it to be completely natural, which is the basis for everything super-natural. I just dont know details about southern texas ecosystems yet. Not been here for a full 12 moons.

I have seen what I think is the same phenomenon in caterpillars, back in Missouri, where I lived decades. I believe it is a multi species life-cycle of a parasite.
I'll be researching over the next few days, and if Im correct..... I'll splain it to y'all. In any case I'll post some pretty darn cool pictures.
FranMirren

Post by FranMirren »

I know this is an old post, but it's significant for me since the cold season is quickly approaching. I live in an area where there is at least 5 months of cold snowy winter and as I get older, I feel the cold more and more. I get terrible cabin fever during this time so I spend as much time out on my porch during good weather as I can. When I'm stuck indoors because of the weather, I feel so sad. I miss being outdoors and I feel less spiritual.

I wanted to make sure I didn't fall into that trap again last winter. I often just looked out my window at the yard, the sky or even the moon at night. I have a bird feeder set up so that I can watch the birds and squirrels too. Also, I have a window herb garden that I tend to all winter long, kind of brings the garden indoors.

I started a container garden this year and it was great. I will be starting a winter garden as well to force myself to get out into the snow and tend to it.

I wonder IndigoDoll59, if you were able to go camping? I think that no matter our circumstances, we can find creative ways to bond with Nature.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Pallando, I cant see your pictures any more. Were able to see them Fran?
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
FranMirren

Post by FranMirren »

No, but I do see that a LOT from Photo Bucket...
Pallando

Post by Pallando »

Well, phoey

I'll work on that when I get home.

EDIT::
Photobucket changed their terms... gotta upgrade to a $39/mo account for ANY 3rd party hosting.
Good Bye Photobucket.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”