Has nature helped you heal?

earthenergies

Re: Has nature helped you heal?

Post by earthenergies »

Oh great; I just updated it to include the text.

It's very interesting to connect trees and nature with plant medicines. I mean, duh, of course it's the same! With plant medicines you ingest the essence of the plant, and it teaches you, in a very loving, humbling manner. Ayahausca in particular will also bring up issues that you want to work with.

Speaking to the trees is pretty much the same experience - they are showing me nothing but love, and yet showing me the tough things about myself. I'm actually going to the rainforest in Peru for a month soon (to work with the medicine) so this is like training for it!

I've just read a few more articles and they have some really interesting insights (mostly in the comments):

http://www.holistic-mindbody-healing.co ... trees.html

" I have been able to talk to trees for ages. In exactly the same way you become silent and put your hand in the tree and open your mind. You then feel emotions flow from the tree. I found not all trees can do this or maybe they don't want to talk or maybe they are hibernating. I don't know. Some trees only seem to show emotion as a group, some trees can't speak when they are young. The best trees I have found so far are beech. It is an amazing feeling to experience though and it is nice to know that someone else can do this. I thought only people who are genetically like me could do this. I wish more people could then perhaps we would be kinder as a race. "

and

"I have received great solace from trees during difficult times – they are patient listeners. They taught me that they thrive on the same sort of tension that wrecks my back and shoulders. For them it's strengthening. Leaning against a trunk while sitting quietly is all it takes to feel the energy transfer.

One of my favorite activities with a tree is what I call sense exchange. I allow the tree to smell or hear or see through me. In return, the tree will often show me something of itself. I learned from a tree that when a bird lands on a branch, it becomes part of the tree until it flies away. Trees can speak with us over great distances. Mother Juniper and I shared stories with each other for years after I visited her more than 400 miles from my home.

For me, talking with trees has always been a 2-way exchange, a conversation. I feel that we are connected by a similar life force. It is out of my respect for them that I ask permission before pruning. Trees appreciate that we share this planet, even though humans have caused the death and destruction of so many of their "people." "
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Very well described, earthenergies.
I've always felt pain and desparation when I saw trees being cut down. It always makes me want to cry because I feel their silent screams for mercy. Even as I'm writing this I'm shivering inside. I just can't stand seeing trees die! Yes, I understand that you have to cut them when they affect stability of a building or if they touch electrical wires. I get that rationally. But even then, it doesn't make the pain smaller. I'm angry when I see someone killing or abusing animals or when I see effects of climate change. That's why I almost never watch any documentaries about nature, Even if 90% of the time they show something interesting or cute, they almost always mention that they are becomig extinct or their habitat is being destroyed. That ruins the rest of my day. But when it comes to trees, the stress and sorrow I feel when someone is hurting them comes from depths of my heart. I can almost physically feel their pain and hear their crying...
The trees are so wise and they have observed generations of people and animals, they have seen world evolve. They were shelters and food for animals and companions of people, made their town nicer and protected them from the sun. But they are so vulnerable, they can't run away! They can't hide like animals.
OMG I can't even continue or I will start crying. I've got tears in my eyes already.
earthenergies

Post by earthenergies »

You are a very sweet soul, moonraingirl <3
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

earthenergies wrote:You are a very sweet soul, moonraingirl <3
:oops: You too.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Trees communicate with each other chemically. If one tree senses a threat very soon all surrounding trees respond by secreting chemicals to ward off the threat. As de-forestation progresses throughout the rain forests it becomes evident that surrounding trees (the next to go) sense pending danger and loose much of their sparkle and lushness. Our "Green Man" is the spirit of the forest and we Witches love to feel it's peaceful and nurturing aura especially when circle casting in the woodland. Many a poet, musician, philosopher and mystic, even the Buddha found enlightenment in the presence of trees. They speak to our soul, provide home for many living creatures, nourish the soil and regenerate the very oxygen we expire as noxious Co2, they moderate our weather and temper the human spirit. If there be any living thing on this planet that is Holy it is a Tree.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
cherrypie

Post by cherrypie »

When you eat a plant, its RNA communicates directly with our RNA, thus modifying our genes. That is how powerful plants are. So remember to put the right stuff into your body, too!

As for self-love: I don't especially like myself, not to mention love myself, nor do I ever believe a compliment (it is completely out of the question it could ever be true, I don't even feel ashamed or sth like that. For me it is an otright lie, simple as that.) or that people could honestly like me, although there seem to be a few that do :lol: , but when I'm out in nature of in the woods, that is of absolutely no importance. I'm right in the middle of nature and it does nothing but good to me. Absolutley fabulous feeling and no analyzing or doubting or whatever. Just enjoy!
Silas Nightfall

Post by Silas Nightfall »

earthenergies wrote:Hi everyone,

I just read the "How to communicate with a Tree" sticky post, and wow... How spot on it is ::coolglasses::

I had this experience today and I was wonering if anyone could help me...

Has your time in nature helped you to heal emotional wounds?

Today I connected with a tree, and before I knew it it was making me realise that I am going through my life searching for a father, because I feel like I don't have one. I am searching for that love and support everywhere. I can't even explain how the tree made me see all this, but then I was seized with a fear of abandonment. I was terrified that the tree didn't like me and wanted to leave me (I know that sounds ridiculous) :lol:

Anyway, I'm not really sure what happened. I was holding the tree and it felt like we were breathing in unision. I felt very connected to it. Did nature bring up this deep-seeded fear I have so that I could start to heal it? Or did the tree want me to go away?! Or was I picking up on some of its attributes (male / father figure, unhappy?)

Has nature helped you heal? How do you differentiate between what's yours, and what is the trees? (Im an empath so this is something I struggle with all the time with people).

Hoping to hear from somone.
I for one feel extremely connected to the forest. I had a stroke about 10 years ago and had to relearn a lot of things, including how to walk. I spend a lot time with the trees in my walks. I learned a lot too. From simply seeing a fallen tree and knowing that at least I would remember that tree, to seeing the seasons in action over the years, to feeling their energy in my own life. Keep in mind, I am new to Wicca, so I wasn’t approaching things from that perspective. It is only in hindsight that I understand what I experienced.

The roots of a tree are twice as long as the trunk. They are often intertwined and grow together. The Forrest is like one large community organism. As we should all be.

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”