Energy Shields

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Tutmosis

Energy Shields

Post by Tutmosis »

About energy shields, do you use them? Do you not? If not, do you rely on other methods of protection, like being protected by a God? If so, what prayers do you use for protection?

Also, what are some of the reasons you use an energy shield? Who or what are you protecting yourself from? Are you protecting yourself from general invasive energies like strong emotions such as anger or sadness that others produce? Or are you protecting yourself from invasive entities like psychic vampires or negative energy entities?

Please post :)

Personally, I find shielding protects me from the demons I destroy and the various negative energies they try to send to me. But I don't make my own shields, Ra and other deities I work with actively shield me from harm, but other energies like emotions I am not exactly shielded from. It really depends on how strong the emotions are. If it's intense negative energy, I'm shielded from it. I'm also an empath, so this helps a lot. I can feel others energy like it's my own, but it doesn't overwhelm me like it used to.

Please answer my questions! I'm curious on what you all do :)
CleverlyDisguised

Re: Energy Shields

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

As someone who makes use of shielding constructs (similar to tulpas but lacking sentience) it's simply an unconscious thing at this point. I have always had a talent for it.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Why do you protect yourself? Do you encounter harmful spirits?
CleverlyDisguised

tutmosis wrote:Why do you protect yourself? Do you encounter harmful spirits?
just habit really... I started back when I found out I am a psy so as not to snack by accident
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

You mean a psychic vampire?

I remember there was a time I thought I was one. I couldn't have been more wrong lol
CleverlyDisguised

tutmosis wrote:You mean a psychic vampire?

I remember there was a time I thought I was one. I couldn't have been more wrong lol
yes, a psychic vampire. I have found this to be the most adequate terminology for what I am and do at least. I am also a natural conduit.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I walk with two shields on me at all time they are inspired by the magnetic field of earth so it's a minimal effort maximal gain from the other methods I've tried.

I hold shielding primarily because I've faced attacks from spirits for most of my life and from the comments of several individuals I have a rather strong aura.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
CleverlyDisguised

RyukaAscendant wrote:I walk with two shields on me at all time they are inspired by the magnetic field of earth so it's a minimal effort maximal gain from the other methods I've tried.

I hold shielding primarily because I've faced attacks from spirits for most of my life and from the comments of several individuals I have a rather strong aura.
did you see my last PM?
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

CleverlyDisguised wrote:
RyukaAscendant wrote:I walk with two shields on me at all time they are inspired by the magnetic field of earth so it's a minimal effort maximal gain from the other methods I've tried.

did you see my last PM?
I haven't received any on the app or the board.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

I've only used shielding for protection from things I dont know of yet, just to be safe. But I do usually call on my spirit animal who is a protector.

fire and flames
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

1) I recently started using shields, because I only recently learned about them. Didn't have to try many versions and technoques, because the improvised one works miracles for me. Using the energy of the Earth itself is also contributing to grounding and it doesen't use my own energy except for personalising it. I also use the protection of my spirit animal (but you already know that). I don't really know how this works, but when my wolf is doing something it feels incredibly empowering.

2) For building and repairing the shield I also ask for divine help and blessing. I use the classical christian prayer....the one Jesus taught the apostles to say, only with a few changes....you can't call a Goddess-father right?.. If I'm very tired I just say a few words that sum up what I have to say. She gets it even if it's not exactly a nice poem :-)

3) I protect myself from the negative energies that people seem to leave behind and I absorb them like a sponge. There is also a psychic vampyre that I need to protect myself from. The vampyre is one of my best friends and I care too much to take distance, which is why I need protection.
I designed my shield to protect me from everything I can or can't think of...from anything that could harm me in some way.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Do you guys think having an energy shield is essential to practicing magick?
CleverlyDisguised

Yes.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Yeah, because when practicing magic we use different kinds of energies and also expose ourselves to those that we are not working with. I think casting a circle could replace the shield, but why risk it? Better safer with a shield than sorry afterwards.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

I use the Rune Shield given to me by the Faery.

I will be literally constructing it, out of copper and leather by late this year, or spring next year, when I get a settlement from insurance.

Copper covered with leather, with runes embossed in a ring. As for astral shield, when I need it, yes...;)

Different runes, different arrangement for astral shield.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”