Sleep paralysis to lucid dreaming/astral projection?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
arborhys

Sleep paralysis to lucid dreaming/astral projection?

Post by arborhys »

I experience sleep paralysis quite often, and I was wondering if anyone else had much experience with it? I think that since sleep paralysis involves being half asleep, but still able to think, you could more easily get to a lucid dream. I think I've been very close a few times. Also, since sleep paralysis involves being able to think but not move, it might be easier to astral project? I havent tried that yet. If anyone else gets sleep paralysis often enough to try this I'd love to hear from you!
Last edited by YanaKhan on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use capital letters where appropriate.
Bychan Wulf

Re: sleep paralysis to lucid dreaming/astral projection?

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I don't experience sleep paralysis(thank goodness,I already hate darkness enough) but what works for my lucid dreaming,is saying before falling asleep that my dream/subconscious mind won't be in controll,but I/my conscious mind will.
For Astral projection,also before falling asleep,you could imagine a place you want to go to or think about the coordinates and propose to go there. Your mind will do the rest ;-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
smogie_michele

Re: sleep paralysis to lucid dreaming/astral projection?

Post by smogie_michele »

SP plagues my existence, lol. I never have a good experience with it- my spells of SP are usually terrifying.

However, for what you are wanting, I like what Bychan is proposing. Seems pretty simple. Simple tends to be affective.
You can also add a little "umph" to your attempts to astral project by adding a small pouch of lavender and mugwart under your pillow. Both of these things aid in sleep, divination, and astral work.

Let us know how it goes!
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Sleep paralysis to lucid dreaming/astral projection?

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Last time I had SP, I was being attacked by some monster or something. I used a spell on it and I immediately woke up and came out of it. It was the first time I ever came out of SP and since then, I don't have it anymore. Whatever it was, I must have showed it not to mess with me.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
arborhys

Re: Sleep paralysis to lucid dreaming/astral projection?

Post by arborhys »

Bychan, michele, thanks for your advice c: ill try what youve suggested.
Lilith, do you think its a harmful spirit or something that causes SP? if so i might try to make it leave or at least Stop Doing That Dammit.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”