Today I am Grateful For...

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Katrinkah

Re: Today I am Grateful For...

Post by Katrinkah »

Today I am grateful for books, books, and books! There's a book for every issue that needs fixing.

Today I am grateful for healthy food and yoga. The struggle is real keeping up with both of these, but when I'm on, its awesome!

Today I am grateful for the shift. We are moving into a 4th density area of the universe, so love is in the air. Literally.

Thanks Universe for all the blessings that I have received and all the blessings that are yet to come!
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Today I am grateful for growth. Things are changing rapidly. For the better.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Today I tried to make my very first gingerbread house :-) I've never done this before and I had problems with the sugar coating that refused to do what I asked for :-) I run out of it, too, so I couldn't do snow on cardboard as I wanted to :-p So yeah, this is the result.
What I liked about it was that I listened to Christmas carols and it got me into that nice holiday mood
IMG_20161211_124950.jpg
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

It doesn't look like a first time result. I wish Yule and Christmas came sooner even more now :P
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Yes, I love this season, too! It smells great, when one bakes cookies and there's cinnamon and vanilla everywhere. And hot punch, wine or "medovina" - honey liqueur on Christmas market on a cold day.
We've agreed with family that we won't buy presents for each other. It was easy because my family comes from Serbia where only little children used to get small presents for Christmas. Adults didn't give anything to one another. They used to give me presents when I was little (also because after Christmas, the teacher would ask everyone about their presents and we had to tell what we got in front of the whole class. So my parents didn't want me to be ashamed). As I grew older I saw myself that they are not important so we don't bother with them for about 10 years now and don't miss them at all :)

I'm looking forward to good food and the same old fairy tales on TV that everyone has seen 100 times, yet everyone watches them again for Christmas!
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I love the gift exchange custom! Actually I like the part where I give gifts than when I receive. I can't express my feelings and people can never be sure if I actually love what I received or just act politely.(what I express is a shy smile and a "thank you"...wish I could do more but that's the only thing that comes out.)
I really like the happiness other people feel when they unwrap their gifts. Too bad my budget is low..
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Yes, I like that feeling too. It's just that I don't like that it is somehow "mandatory" for Christmas and that there's this massive marketing, adverts and even Christmas loans in recent years. And stores full of stressed people in a hurry. It just feels almost aggressive to me.
I like when I can give someone a nice present for birthday or when I'm visiting someone and can bring something small to make them happy.
Giving presents is one of the Love languages https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Five_Love_Languages
Though for me, I guess it is on the 5th position. My primary and secondary languages would be Quality time and Acts of service
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Yeah,going shopping when people are stressed is torture. I usually buy handmade or necessary stuff from little shops,libraries or Christmas Fairs. I go scool next to the square in the center of the city, where these peogle come to sell their work.

That's an interesting article. Yeah,Quality time and Acts of service sound like me too. I also consider the physical touch important. Touching people means a powerful connection for me and when I do it,I have to either love that person a lot or want to help with their depression/melancholy/suicidal intentions.
Hugs usually make me feel like that fork that is used for adjusting a guitar(it vibrates powerfully after a physical contact with anything)
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

I know that feeling! Touch is a very powerful medicine!
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Indeed. Hugs are also proven to reduce stress and ease the heart frequency. Twin babys also balance and synchronise their heartbeats through hugs. Hugs help people who are in love to synchronise their heart beatings too. (It applies when somebody finds the true soulmate)
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

moonraingirl wrote:And hot punch, wine or "medovina" - honey liqueur on Christmas market on a cold day.
I personally enjoy a nice cup of mulled spiced wine, or buttered rum, or a personal favourite, apple cinnamon mead
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I'm grateful for my fur children.
I'm grateful for my husband.
I'm grateful for the new year coming upon us soon.
I'm grateful for coffee.

That's about all I got right now, I am super fussy.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

I am grateful for my beautiful wife, who puts up with my insanity, slobbishness, and most of all my video game addiction
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Today I'm grateful that my mum got certain medicine that is massively sold to richer countries resulting in its lack for our patients.

When she asked the pharmacist earlier this week she couldn't tell whether it will be available by the end of the year.

Today, a day before Christmas (24th evening is the most important in my area) we got a call that the pills are there! They are important to prevent relapse of leukemia.

EDIT : I just had a customer, a nice man that is always friendly and polite and he wore a black suit and tie, something not common at all in this area. His voice was shaking, his eyes tired. So I think he is going to funeral today. I couldn't wish him happy holidays as I do to other customers. It is so sad, especially in this time of the year :-(((
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Today I bought a proper fountain pen. I was a bit sceptical because I remember that torture with a fountain pen that was the only allowed writing tool until the 5th grade. Those permanently blue fingers, scratching on paper and time it took to dry! Oh how we hated it, couldn't wait to get to 5th grade to get a ballpoint pen!

However, by some mysterious coincidence, I got to videos about fountain pens and they persuaded me that perhaps it would give a very personal touch to my dream diary that I started recently. I'll also use it for taking notes from books.

So I went to the store today and bought a pen for 25€ which is quite a lot compared to ordinary pens but it's relatively cheap in the world of fountain pens. Plus it can last for decades as it is refillable. And you can use different colours of ink.

And guess what, it is totally fine, no scratching, no blue fingers, it glides smoothly and perhaps my handwriting looks a bit nicer :-)

So in case anyone is looking for an idea on how to make your BoS, journal, diary etc special, I definitely recommend this kind of pen :-)

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”