How old were you when you discovered your psychic abilities?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.

Under 10
42%
11-14
25%
15-18
25%
19-22
No votes
23-26
No votes
26-29
8%
30 and over
No votes

Total votes: 12

Unknown

Post by Unknown »

How old were you and how did you discover them? How long did it take you to gain control over them?
moonraingirl

Re: How old were you when you discovered your psychic abilit

Post by moonraingirl »

I saw auras as a small child, probably 3-4 years old. I called them "shadow of sun" and I remember them being bright and colourful. But when I told my parents they were alarmed and took me to doctor. That's when I suppressed my ability and never saw them again.
However, I still sense vibrations of people intuitively and can assess someone when I see them the first time.
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

I saw ghosts, elementals & shadow people when I was 7. I don't see them as much these days; I mostly feel them, and then can see them if I focus on their energy.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I've seen and felt stuff for as long as I can remember. I really became conscious of my abilities when I was around 11 or 12. I had some control by the time I was 15.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
wiccanii
Banned Member

Post by wiccanii »

I'm quite a clairvoyant person; I'm fairly sensitive to people's energies. I can't see them, hear them, etc., but I can feel them, mentally and physically. I don't have to see the person to feel their energy. I just know. I've always had this sense of knowing things about people. I can look into someone's eyes and get a general feel about what their life is like, and most of the time, it's right. I know what people are thinking a lot of the time; mind reading in a sense. However, when I focus really hard, I can imagine people's auras. It's not always accurate because my imagination is a bit unstable, but it's alright.
Oneiroi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I experienced psi at age 3 but wasn’t aware it was an “ability” until jr high.
When I was in college I was in a paranormal study group. I did remote viewing on my own using local map coordinates, and visiting a location afterwards to verify accuracy.
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edit for brevity
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I've been Claircognizant ever since before I can remember. The same with my precognitive dreams. I didn't have a name to call it until I came to the craft but they have both always been there.

My mother knew about my abilities before I did.

When I was a little girl, I lived with my mother and grandmother. My grandmother was sick and stayed with us throughout my short childhood. My mother tells me that I would say things that I couldn't have any knowledge about, about my great-great-grandmother. She passed before I was born. One of these times I was talking to my mother and said something like "Do you remember when I made the cream of wheat with gold sugar for you", which was something my great-great-grandmother made for my mom when she was a little girl. This one stood out the most because this happened roughly 15 years or so before I was born and my mother had all but forgotten about it until I said it.

To this day she's convinced that I am her grandma reincarnated.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

wiccanii wrote:I'm quite a clairvoyant person; I'm fairly sensitive to people's energies. I can't see them, hear them, etc., but I can feel them, mentally and physically. I don't have to see the person to feel their energy. I just know. I've always had this sense of knowing things about people. I can look into someone's eyes and get a general feel about what their life is like, and most of the time, it's right. I know what people are thinking a lot of the time; mind reading in a sense. However, when I focus really hard, I can imagine people's auras. It's not always accurate because my imagination is a bit unstable, but it's alright.
You've just described a soul gaze from The Dresden Files. Jim Butcher is one of my favorite authors. I really think credit should be given to him for his work.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Crissy378

Post by Crissy378 »

As long as I can remember I've always been able to feel when spirits are nearby, and I've always been able to pick up on when someone is feeling upset or sad. When my fiancée has panic attacks I take his hands in mine and imagine a comforting light coming from me into him and he calms down, also works with people I've just met. Other people's pets also are very calm around me and I can calm down a animal when it is nervous or scared. I've had dreams that were mundane, day to day type that come true and if I'm on the phone with someone and I concentrate I can see what's around them, articles of clothing or stuff like that. I'm still learning to get control over my abilities however.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I've known I can feel people's emotions ever since I was a little child. I always knew I can make people feel better and I kept doing it for everyone knowing that it drains me.
The other abilities came with the puberty and once I started meditating and opening myself to these things,I started experiencing a lot more but I'm not sure what they are yet.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

BW - Do you know if you can recharge while giving comfort and not be drained?
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Yes, when I give comfort consciously, I feel recharged. It my empathy just works on it's own,no
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh, that's good. :)
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I knew something was up when I was a kid, but I didn't know exactly what. Over time, I also suppressed my abilities based on people reactions to what I told them. I've always been clairvoyant and clairaudient. It wasn't until recently when I discovered that these were real abilities, and I wasn't crazy after all, and I shouldn't try to suppressed them they started to come back.

Rosie
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I first realized I was a little bit different when I was in highschool. Whenever I wanted something good to happen to someone, I mean really wanted it, it did happen. And it wasn't like once or twice, but actually quite often. It never works if I want something for me, only of I want something for another person and it's not always working. Still, it happened often enough for me to notice. And it does never work if I wish for something bad. Like giving people pox or something :D (yeah, it has happened - I'm just a person who back in the day was just a teenager :D )

Later in life, when I was about 30, I found out I can hear people lying. It's not a very good thing from my point of view, I sometimes really hate it. But it has helped me a lot.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”