Out of Touch

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
wiccanii
Banned Member

Out of Touch

Post by wiccanii »

Ever since I relapsed into my depression and anxiety, I've found it difficult to come back to Wicca. I don't know why, but whenever I think about leaving or coming back, my heart aches. I love Wicca; I believe in it. I just don't know how to get back in touch with it.

I get the feeling I'm not ready to be totally back in touch; it doesn't feel right yet, but it bugs me to not be as much of a part of it as I was before the reality that I'm going to have to move due to foreclosure that could happen any day. I just need some guidance - advice. Meditation doesn't even feel right, but suddenly, thinking about it brings me peace. (Excuse any typos, I'm on my phone and can't see what I'm typing)
Oneiroi
Aithnes

Re: Out of Touch

Post by Aithnes »

I've had similar problems in the past. Sometimes I've just had to force myself to go through the motions, and then I'll get the motivation to get back to where I need to be.

I personally haven't practiced with a coven in a year or two, but it also helps if you have at least some people following a similar path to talk or even practice with.

Actually, that's the reason I started my blog last year. I was having trouble getting back in touch and needed something to kind of give me a bit of a push. Blogging led to involvement with the online community, and eventually I was invited to some forums. While online interaction doesn't always have the same effects as face-to-face interaction, it might be the push you need to get started again. It was for me.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Foreclosure goes through a very specific process, requires four of months of payments in arrears, takes months to complete, and requires that adequate notice be given for eviction. That means that anyone being foreclosed has time to A. Fight the foreclosure, up to and including going to court, B. Make plans for a place to live following the foreclosure, C. Apply for a loan modification, which is often granted. I speak from personal experience.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
XVIII

Post by XVIII »

Your heart aches. I know the feeling. During the years I spent with my bulimia, I felt the same ache. Usually I celebrated Samhain by crying, heart aching, mourning the loss, fearing: what if I will never able to feel the divinity again? I was too lost in myself and my mind was too dark to find the path I once chose.

Aiethnes mentioned about blogging, and I recommend that, too! blogger.com is an easy place to start. Writing is a good way to create beauty from pain inside you. And tarot cards have given me a lot of help and advice. They have pushed me forward, shown me the light in the darkest placest. For an example I like the card IX, The Hermit, because the card has taught me that my own mind is a dark forest and if I need light to follow my path, I must find the light inside of me, and because my mind is the dark forest, it will be hard but truly rewarding.

Give yourself time. Everything has its purpose. Even your depression and anxiety have a purpose. For me bulimia was a time-out and I understand it now: I wasn't ready to see this power in my hands before. Hardly even now. So give yourself time. It is hard, but maybe your anxiety has a meaning, maybe it's trying to tell you something. Don't give up though you can't see your path in the darkness, your heart is aching, it tells you're on your way.
"she's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire"
wiccanii
Banned Member

Post by wiccanii »

Thank you all for your suggestions! I've begun talking to my Wiccan friend again, and am slowly getting back on my feet. I'm aware foreclosure takes a while, but my family has been threatened by it for years. As soon as the market goes to the sellers instead of the buyers, we're gonna get kicked out. It just makes me so sad that because we got screwed over, all our hard effort and memories will be knocked down without a trace, as the person who'll buy our house is probably going to be a contractor.
Oneiroi
virgodove

Post by virgodove »

I still suffer from depression and far worse anxiety but I think I found that Wicca has helped me a lot. There are many spells you cab cast through natural ingredients to help you center your emotions. Always remember to make your home your santuary. Rose and clear quartz helps a lot with protection against negative attacks.
Good luck and many blessings

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”